The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Really? I thought spear was only chosen because it can be used for all three styles. I assumed a rapier was better for stabbing and a 2h would be better for crushing/slashing.

A 2h would be better for slash, and a maul for crush, but a 2h and maul together add a lot more weight, especially if you have a platebody as your 3rd bind. And, considering that most npc's that you face in dungeons are under 50 combat, the spear will definately be sufficient.

Personally, I think spear, 2hander, short/longbow and maul would be the ultimate combo, because you have everything that you need for the best of all styles. For ammo just bind arrows and ask the skillers to get you toolkit, cosmics and laws. That's what they SHOULD be doing anyway.

And for all you guys I have spear, gauntlets and boots bound with cosmic runes atm, I'm lazy XD but I won't be dunging much nowadays so yeah.

What's the point of binding two bows? :s

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

how about melee wep, fire staff and bow

have box binded and buy arrows

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

Shortbow for speed against weak monsters and longbow for the high accuracy. I wouldn't do it myself.. just something else.

What makes the spear ideal for me is the speed of it combined with relatively high str bonus for that speed. Having all 3 styles is a plus too, of course.

Something semi-related just came to mind:

The spears stab bonus (80) is almost double the slash (41) and still higher than the crush (63), but not by as much. I know all the best dgers know what style every monster is weakest against, but then, would it really always be best to switch styles against those monsters?

For example, the def bonus of full novite (platebody + legs for lower crush def) is +50 stab, +53 slash and +33 crush. We can assume that a forgotten warrior would have similar defense, and in this case stabbing and crushing would seem to be exactly identical in terms of effectiveness since the difference between the spear's stab and crush is the same as the difference between the armor's crush and stab.

Another example: Full Sagittarian armor gives +176 stab, +149 slash and +204 crush def (from rs wiki). The slash def is 27 lower than the stab, so slashing would be best if the attacker had even stab and slash attack bonuses. But, since the spear's stab is 39 higher than its slash, stabbing is effectively 12 points better than slashing against full Sag.

Then, there's all the other monsters in dg that don't have wearable armor for us to better guess their exact def bonuses...

Not sure if people already take this into consideration or not. :P

I was wondering that how many music tracks is possible to unlock in f2p?

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

Hey guys, i just recently learned that mendark 9, was hacked and tbh it make me sad that a player who inspired others to be pure f2p is ruined, Anyway my advice to you guys is to make sure your account is well protected, I know more than a handful of people with somewhat "extraordinary" recovery skills, I know the hackers of chessy018, winallday, fir3g0d,Zach,Tks(number1 in RSC for a while)amongst TONS of rich/famous accountsThe reason why mendark was hacked was due to him being on the RSC highscores, Which made him an instant target (his hackers expected to get rares,but got a. Empty bank instead). The purpose of me writing this is to show that a anyone can be a victim of hackers. So protect your account and pixels guys :). ~Ex f2per IFFL/Rudes7

What's a good way to train range in f2p? Mine is pretty bad and I've been meaning to get it up, would i just use iron/steel arrows with a maple shortbow in the sos?

A few months ago, I would have told you to do flesh crawlers in the SoS, but the bots there are just insane now. Once you get to 70+ ice giants should be a good idea with mith arrows. Until then, maybe skeletons or moss giants?

What's a good way to train range in f2p? Mine is pretty bad and I've been meaning to get it up, would i just use iron/steel arrows with a maple shortbow in the sos?

A few months ago, I would have told you to do flesh crawlers in the SoS, but the bots there are just insane now. Once you get to 70+ ice giants should be a good idea with mith arrows.

So suffer through the bots in the sos for a few levels then do ice giants? Alright, thanks

Amaranth_GTO.png

A few months ago, I would have told you to do flesh crawlers in the SoS, but the bots there are just insane now. Once you get to 70+ ice giants should be a good idea with mith arrows.

So suffer through the bots in the sos for a few levels then do ice giants? Alright, thanks

Or, I guess you could just go straight to ice giants. Needless to say you won't get super great exp/h, but as far as I know, there aren't ice giant bots. At least not many.

For any level 3 skiller, I found out a way to complete Shield of Arrav without gaining any combat experience, if you're in the Black Arm Gang.

The misconception for most Black Armers is that they must enter and kill the Weaponsmaster to take the crossbows, but that's not needed at all! You just need a Phoenix partner who has the ability to teleport grab, and have said partner trade the skiller the crossbows. This is laid down in easy steps:

Phoenix (combatant)

Talk to Reldo, then Straven.

Kill Jonny the Beard and take the drop.

Go back to Straven, get the key and the shield half.

Get runes for 2 telegrabs and take both of the crossbows.

Black Arm (skiller)

Talk to Charlie the Tramp, then Katrina.

Get your Phoenix gang partner to give you the crossbows.

Go back to Katrina with the crossbows, and get the shield half.

That's how I managed to get to the Champion's Guild as a level 3, with 2 prayer lol.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Hello everyone,

I tried to load up the game today after ~6 weeks and when I clicked 'Play now' the "http://www.runescape.com/game.ws?j=1" says that it can't be loaded.

Is the game just down at the moment (unlikely from the lack of rage in GD), so how do I load the game?

EDIT:Upon further investigation it seems that pressing the back button after the page won't load brings up the back background, the advertisement and the toolbar above the game (home, buy members, search)

Does anyone know how to fix this?, i've updated java, but that didn't seem to do anything.

1yrb49.jpg

Or, I guess you could just go straight to ice giants. Needless to say you won't get super great exp/h, but as far as I know, there aren't ice giant bots. At least not many.

Are lesser demons good for training because i generally train there for range and mage, my range lvl is 80 and mage is 75?

SUPER.gif

According to RsWiki, there are 226 songs for F2P currently, but 4 songs were made unobtainable, so some have 230.

But that's completely wrong, I can say at least 233 is possible.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

Are lesser demons good for training because i generally train there for range and mage, my range lvl is 80 and mage is 75?

Good? Maybe. Best? No. Ice or Moss Giants are faster Range & Prayer xp and easier to safespot imo ;).

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

Boredom persuaded me to right this :P

Some stuff about Galaxyg ( I think some people might find interesting) :

Galaxyg's real name is Penelope, yes she was a girl not a boy,she was one of the first 2000 accounts to be created. she never spoke to anyone or traded,which mean't she got all her supplies herself. she was around level 120 cb just before Rs2 was released, hence being one of the highest leveled players in classic. She actually attempted to create a forum back in 2002 but that didn't work out, -.- lol.

i've got two pics of her in RSC but i can upload them on here so Gf me.

:smile:

Where do you recommend training then for range? And are lessers ok for mage?

I trained a majority of my ranged (level 90) at the lessers on Crandor, it was decent experience. With the release of the Karamja Volcano resource dungeon unlocked through dungeoneering, I would say they are now a more consistent and faster method of ranging than before. Ice giants may be a bit faster, but the sheer number of lesser demons in the new dungeon makes it my choice over the ice giants, which can at times be crowded.

As for mage, if you are going to use chaos tier spells, lessers are a great choice as they have a weakness to mage and are plentiful in the Karamja Volcano resource dungeon.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

That's strange, I have him added on my friends list and I don't see him anywhere on my friends' hiscores, not even in the not ranked area.

I have a feeling Runescape is glitching on hiscores again. Ever since clans was introduced this seems to be happening way more than usual...

EDIT: That's strange, his Runetrack image has his stats still, but all the numbers are erased...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

That's strange, I have him added on my friends list and I don't see him anywhere on my friends' hiscores, not even in the not ranked area.

I have a feeling Runescape is glitching on hiscores again. Ever since clans was introduced this seems to be happening way more than usual...

EDIT: That's strange, his Runetrack image has his stats still, but all the numbers are erased...

From Runetrack:

Nuffbutmage does not appear on the RuneScape highscores.

This user has either changed their display name or been banned.

Please take a moment to temporarily add this person to your

in-game friends list to check for their new display name, then

click here to quickly update their name on RuneTrack. Thanks!

From Runetracker when I press the "Update now" button on his page:

Error: Not ranked

or Hiscores down.

Same thing as other players who have their stats wiped.