The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

It's the easiest if your opponent is melee-only with a rune scimitar. Rockhugging makes them so mad and I get an easy win XD

By the way I left Dg Family and joined Loyals.

EDIT: Happy 200 pages, f2p's most popular thread.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Im lvl 65 cb and i foind it easy to beat lvl 110s because i just run and hide (not on the edge of the map, always in the 10 charge zrone), i dont care what people say im not going to tank in the middle from the start, i generally run into the middle when i get a good amount of charges because the guy is trying to find me on the edge of the arena. For cb lvl below me i jus ttank in middle

SUPER.gif

I think its more efficient to just tank it out in the middle. Faster games = more wins = more tokens. Running around and hiding just wastes everyone's time. Course, that's probably more fun.

This.

If your goal is x amount of tokens/ratings then sitting in the middle and winning with less charges is more time-efficient. If I remember right, the ideal amount of charges for me to get against low levels/non-pros was around 500-800. Getting 5k charges is really only worth the time if you have a splasher and you decide you want to afk and eat a sandwich. If I remember right, 5k charges is only twice the tokens of ~1k for 5x the amount of time.

All these posts about lower levels beating high levels makes me remember one time when I was testing how much faster ratings are gained at a lower cb with a lvl 30 pure. Me being able to win about half the matches vs 100+s really shows how unskilled majority of the people are. :P

My problem with trying during fog was most of my fights were against bots or under lvl 60'ers. So when the decent match cameup I was already tanking in the middle. It is hard for me to go all out when I do not think the opponent will as well.

A lot of you have probably seen this but I, and I'm sure I am not the only one, wouldn't mind being able to play on the English language servers every once in a while without being bombarded with gold site ads or having to worry about bots taking all the resources and ruining the game for legitimate players.

I feel quite bad for the new players that will experience their first time playing RuneScape in this light, never knowing how great this game can be. I think I can say with certainty that the majority of those new players won't be that excited to get membership after playing F2P like it is on the English language servers today. It's like Jagex turn a blind eye to this problem. Their recent updates have been met with a lot of heat and most of them are about making more money (Katana sword, refer a friend, saving 15% on membership if you buy three months worth of it).

Just one update where they are thinking about the players instead of money would be a nice change.

So, let's say they do not win the Golden Joystick award for the best free-to-play game. Do you think it will change anything?

Mod Mat K posted a lot on this matter in Jiblix's thread "The Voice of Reason". E.g. he said:

"As things stand we are more than confident in delivering a free trade game [RuneScape] with practically no bots"

When that will be (shortly before RuneScape is dead ;) ) or if it's true at all...

[404] Signature not found.

Mod Mat K posted a lot on this matter in Jiblix's thread "The Voice of Reason". E.g. he said:

"As things stand we are more than confident in delivering a free trade game [RuneScape] with practically no bots"

When that will be (shortly before RuneScape is dead ;) ) or if it's true at all...

I actually had not seen that thread, thanks I'll check it out later.

Here's the quick find code if anyone would want to check it out: 14-15-305-63126133

Gratz on 200M cooking btw :thumbup:

Hey guys.

I joined RS sometime in 2007 . I didn't really play all through out this period, taking (not so) occasional breaks.

Anyway, I've been lurking on this thread a good while, nearly 6 months or so and finally decided to make an account on here.

Been pure f2p all this while. And here are my stats.

5x1wnl.png

Time to get to 4 digits I think.:D

Lordxtrm.png

Well, the only thing we as players can do now is to report bots when necessary (of course, do what you can once in a while, otherwise ,you will never able to play the game). I am kind of glad I stay in 1k world since I see less bots there, I say its pretty bad in all normal F2p world with bots.

I guess you need to have something really big to shock Jagex into tackling the bot issues seriously, like removing free trade and other (again). I think it has reach an equilibrium of player base, where its affecting the game, but most players are willing to put up with it (but slowly losing them at the same time). The game will speak for itself when it get to a level where its really not playable anymore.

a happy Runescaper

Heya Lordxtrm! Think I've seen you dging in w61 once. :D

Also w113 is only devoid of the spammer bots, there are still plenty of skilling bots out there.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Welcome to TIF, Lordxtrm. :grin:

And I can deal with skill bots, it's the spam bots that are really annoying. Of course all bots sucks, but, like people, some are worse than others.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Spam bots usually hang around GE or Lumbridge, so you just have to remember to turn off pub chat when walking through there. Skilling bots are fairly non-disruptive in F2P.

Heya Lordxtrm! Think I've seen you dging in w61 once. :D

Also w113 is only devoid of the spammer bots, there are still plenty of skilling bots out there.

Yeah, I remember seeing you too.:D Did 72+ there.

On the whole botting issue, I agree that the skill bots are not usually disruptive. And in case they do foreign worlds for me.

The spambots and autotalkers however.:/ Sucks when you want to advertise something on your own. Turning public off is not always an option and ignoring all of them takes way too much time.

Lordxtrm.png

Err why is it that my Runescape toolbar on top of my browser now says 2 D&D's, the second one being the buying 8 battlestaves from Naff option?

If I recall, you can't complete all of the easy tasks of Varrock in f2p...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Wertyue,

The bot issue has been bothering me ever since they returned. It recently dawned on me why Jagex has little interest in trying to fix this problem.

My son, who got me started playing Rune Scape, out grew the game and wanted to play WOW. This was not a problem with me, so we got him set up. While I have never been diagnosed with OCD, I realize I tend in those directions. Not wanting to commit my entire life to MMORPG's, I did not set up a WOW account myself. I did however, get to see the mechanics of the game by watching him play.

As soon as Dungeoning was introduced to RS, I saw several similar things. Like how the dungeon armor looks like WOW "gear". Very similar also on how what they call bossing is related to dungeons in general. I just figured Jagex was feeling a little bit of heat from the competition, or they had hired one of WOW's programmers. The upside is that we were rewarded with some nice graphic updates and game play being a bit smoother.

I just learned, that WOW offers a F2P version of their game (not just the free 30 day trials from a few years ago). I am not sure when they started that, but it had to hurt the total number of players on RS.

The bottom line, bots count as players. Until Jagex can get their numbers up, by whatever means they can, ie. discounts, promos, xp bonuses, bots are probably here to stay. Unfortunate as it is to say, the dedicated players of RS, have been sold out, for bragging rights to the largest MMORPG.

Keep up the good work folks,

Gafel

Wertyue,

The bot issue has been bothering me ever since they returned. It recently dawned on me why Jagex has little interest in trying to fix this problem.

My son, who got me started playing Rune Scape, out grew the game and wanted to play WOW. This was not a problem with me, so we got him set up. While I have never been diagnosed with OCD, I realize I tend in those directions. Not wanting to commit my entire life to MMORPG's, I did not set up a WOW account myself. I did however, get to see the mechanics of the game by watching him play.

As soon as Dungeoning was introduced to RS, I saw several similar things. Like how the dungeon armor looks like WOW "gear". Very similar also on how what they call bossing is related to dungeons in general. I just figured Jagex was feeling a little bit of heat from the competition, or they had hired one of WOW's programmers. The upside is that we were rewarded with some nice graphic updates and game play being a bit smoother.

I just learned, that WOW offers a F2P version of their game (not just the free 30 day trials from a few years ago). I am not sure when they started that, but it had to hurt the total number of players on RS.

The bottom line, bots count as players. Until Jagex can get their numbers up, by whatever means they can, ie. discounts, promos, xp bonuses, bots are probably here to stay. Unfortunate as it is to say, the dedicated players of RS, have been sold out, for bragging rights to the largest MMORPG.

Keep up the good work folks,

Gafel

Yeah, well I try to stay positive about it. Runescape is far from being dead, just gotta play on the foreign worlds to avoid those bots until (which might take a loooooooong time) they fix the bot issue.

Err why is it that my Runescape toolbar on top of my browser now says 2 D&D's, the second one being the buying 8 battlestaves from Naff option?

If I recall, you can't complete all of the easy tasks of Varrock in f2p...

What's the first one?

The first one is everything you would get from finishing Lumbridge Hard (superheats, high alchs and low alchs).

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

New siggy. Copy if you like it.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

New siggy. Copy if you like it.

Ahahahahahahahahaha...

Sadly, but truly, this sums up f2p so well right now.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg