The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

I'm kind of short on money at the moment and I suck at merchanting so I have to stick it out through the slow but profiting way <_< oh well.

Thank goodness Fist of Guthix is something that is actually fun, even if it is doing the same thing over and over again.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I'm kind of short on money at the moment and I suck at merchanting so I have to stick it out through the slow but profiting way <_< oh well.

Thank goodness Fist of Guthix is something that is actually fun, even if it is doing the same thing over and over again.

Yup. I am not good at merching too, so I am making money while skilling. And yes, FOG is fun :)

Jomiliakas.png

Sonic, you should try Gop :D It's really fun when you're not playing with noobs/bots

Now there's a new gop world, world 165 (it's not official, but many people goes there) and there's no bot there yet, so it might be good if you want to learn :)

Gop goes faster than fog for runecraft exp anyways, as you get some while playing too :D

-Med-

Medaragon.png

Gop goes faster than fog for runecraft exp anyways, as you get some while playing too :D

As far as I'm aware FoG is better in terms of rc bonus exp if you don't suck at it. I'm speaking of doing earths with gloves compared to any runes with tabs.

[404] Signature not found.

airs with runners maby? or any other rune with runners

This can be good exp but you have to be loaded to pay runners the rates being offered. I was crafting airs in world 16 and I saw people offering 10k a run. Extremely crazy. Back in my early days of playing on other accounts 2k a run was good exp! lol.

That being said if you could recruit runners in other worlds you could probably manage to pay 2-5k per run, but still you'd have to be loaded.

Vit0c0rleone.png

Yay jagex releases rc master robes, we all rush and log in run to the rc guild because it is too good to be true and it is they are mem, then a couple of hours later, it mysteriously says the rc master robes are members in the behind the scenes for august way to go jagex

SUPER.gif

Yay jagex releases rc master robes, we all rush and log in run to the rc guild because it is too good to be true and it is they are mem, then a couple of hours later, it mysteriously says the rc master robes are members in the behind the scenes for august way to go jagex

Oh well. Nothing gained, nothing lost.

Expect nothing and never be disappointed. ;-)

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

It doesn't say they're members only in the knowledge base. :blink:

I have to admit, though, as much as I'm not surprised, I was really hoping the master RC robes were going to be F2P. If anybody needs the boost, it's us. As for the change to the August BTH, who reads those things a week later? <_<

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Would have been nice for f2pers since it doesn't even fully work for the best p2p methods since it is capped at 700 xp per action that it will give bonus to. :/

They give a maximum of 700 xp bonus xp per action. I don't know how you get more than 28k xp per action in p2p. (Do they work with effigies? I don't think so.)

It doesn't say they're members only in the knowledge base. :blink:

I have to admit, though, as much as I'm not surprised, I was really hoping the master RC robes were going to be F2P. If anybody needs the boost, it's us. As for the change to the August BTH, who reads those things a week later? <_<

My friend told me they were members so i checked it out to see what it said there :)

SUPER.gif

Would have been nice for f2pers since it doesn't even fully work for the best p2p methods since it is capped at 700 xp per action that it will give bonus to. :/

They give a maximum of 700 xp bonus xp per action. I don't know how you get more than 28k xp per action in p2p. (Do they work with effigies? I don't think so.)

This refers to each set of exp you get when you click on an altar/imbue a tiara. It's not easy to hit that 700xp/action except at ZMI (with luck) or GOP with Earth Runecrafting Gloves since the gop effect and gloves stack with Master Runecrafting Robes.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

This refers to each set of exp you get when you click on an altar/imbue a tiara. It's not easy to hit that 700xp/action except at ZMI (with luck) or GOP with Earth Runecrafting Gloves since the gop effect and gloves stack with Master Runecrafting Robes.

Then the wording is wrong. :/

Hey guys, I have an announcement to make in regards to the F2P community and/or specifically, the Top 250 F2P list.

In very recent times, a minimum of four players have been removed from the Top 250 F2P list for botting offenses resulting in roll-backs and/or perm-bans of their own accounts.

In an effort to discourage botting and maintain honesty among the F2P community I would like to induce a zero-tolerance policy against those rolled back or banned for botting. If at any point in the past, present or future a player is punished for botting and/or has admitted to such offenses, and there is sufficient evidence to believe that the offense has actually been committed, the maintainer(s) of the Top 250 F2P list is/are responsible to prevent this player from entering or returning to the Top 250 F2P list for a minimum of one year. A list of such players will also be maintained privately by the Top 250 F2P List updater(s).

All of this means that if you are currently botting or have done so in the past, you do so at your own risk, and should you ever receive punishment for this offense you will lose your status as a top F2Per. The Top 250 F2P list represents a community of honour and respect, and as such, we do not tolerate those who are cheaters.

Before this policy is to be induced, I would like to see feedback from the F2P community in regards to this, and may withdraw this decision if it does not gain popularity.

Discuss here: http://forum.tip.it/topic/119196-top-250-f2p-skill-total-list/page__view__findpost__p__4994730

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

@Isthatok for a f35 large is it not worth it to do the bonus rooms?, also what rooms do you skip, I'm not pure ftp anymore so I don't know this, although I do dg on W61 occasionally. Thanks :D

@Isthatok for a f35 large is it not worth it to do the bonus rooms?

When you're doing entire floors in under 6 minutes? Probably not.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

@Isthatok for a f35 large is it not worth it to do the bonus rooms?

When you're doing entire floors in under 6 minutes? Probably not.

The xp you lose from not doing bonus rooms and just killing boss when you find it is a lot more than the 13% from bonus rooms and 5% from turning guide mode on, probably more like a 70% xp loss when you could probably complete the whole floor in 15~ minutes or less.

This is just my view from a lot of p2p dungeoneering though, I honestly have no clue if f2p dungeoneering it is worth it or not. :P

jagerbluebt1.gif

547large.png

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN :blink:

I'm so ashamed of still not able to get sub 10 minutes ;_;

Anyways, a few tidbits I found out in FOG. The blastbox works just like it would normally, as well as the extra damage splat every 5 turns. Also, trapping your opponents behind a rock is so useful if they are meleeing only, with a fast weapon. It decreases their DPS so much it guarantees me a win no matter what level :thumbup:

Houses are surprisingly useful to hide from your opponent, in fact I made a level 124 quit because they can't find me :D got 1.4k charges that round too.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

I think its more efficient to just tank it out in the middle. Faster games = more wins = more tokens. Running around and hiding just wastes everyone's time. Course, that's probably more fun.

I do it if I meet a level 110+ opponent, against people who only mage I just stand in the middle and don't even bother healing lol.

I just bring my bow + rapier, addy arrows, amulet of zealots, and blastbox/necklace/staff, and I'm ready for the kill :twisted:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

*snip*

Anyways, a few tidbits I found out in FOG. The blastbox works just like it would normally, as well as the extra damage splat every 5 turns. Also, trapping your opponents behind a rock is so useful if they are meleeing only, with a fast weapon. It decreases their DPS so much it guarantees me a win no matter what level :thumbup:

Houses are surprisingly useful to hide from your opponent, in fact I made a level 124 quit because they can't find me :D got 1.4k charges that round too.

Interesting to know about the box. Does this also include not needing your own runes or no? I have a lv60 FTP noob that I play on almost exclusively to play FoG on, and its best CB style is magic...

As for VSing high levels, I actually have a picture of my noob back at lv53 CB beating about a 115 in FoG by like 900 charge to 600. Was hilarious when I'd seen I won.

How many hotdogs does it take to mow a garage door?

Interesting to know about the box. Does this also include not needing your own runes or no? I have a lv60 FTP noob that I play on almost exclusively to play FoG on, and its best CB style is magic...

As for VSing high levels, I actually have a picture of my noob back at lv53 CB beating about a 115 in FoG by like 900 charge to 600. Was hilarious when I'd seen I won.

You don't need your own runes for the box. In fact I was too lazy to even charge it, and one day I was like "hey let's try to see if it works". And surprisingly enough, it did.

However, if you REALLY wish to mage, you must have the following items:

- arcane blast necklace

- gravite staff

- magical blastbox

It's to maximize DPS on magic, as it is the worst out of the three ;)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

*snip*

It's common to beat 110+ even with level 40-50 accounts in FOG.

birds.png