Strange power

viralaether

What's the current quest count? 199? So the next quest will be 200? Hmmm!!

298 quest points tho maybe something special for 300 quest points.

Doesn't make much sense but probably will be a quest with major storyline advancements. Let's see; Mother Mallum theory rejected. Mahjarrat theory still pretty strong. Altar theory needs development.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone notice how similar the message is to the one you get when you enter a runecrafting altar:

This one: "You feel a strange power unleash itself upon you."

Runecrafting: "You feel a powerful force take hold of you..."

You might be onto something! Jagex twitter said something about variety is the essence of life. Stone of Jas (thing that made runestones)? Mahjarrat? Star Alignment? Ritual in The North? Zarosian Return?

And it has been confirmed that the runecrafting altars are in fact growing brighter, in particular the Cosmic Altar. Hmmm...

This may be completely garbage, but the Soul Altar remains non existant, yet. Could this be?

Well, "Soul" could certainly be syonomous with "essense of life". The "variety" may be the including/upgrading of the spells that use soul runes, and possibly the release of the Soul altar along with it.

My question, though, is why is the Cosmic altar in particular acting so stranglely out of all the other altars?

I'm very unsure on this subject, but would it be the influence of the power of Zaros? I mean, when Azzandra communicated with Zaros, it left the Zamorak Statue in the Chaos altar broken. Soul altar is still quite a possibility... with altars sometimes being unlocked via quests and all. By the way - What's the current quest count? 199? So the next quest will be 200? Hmmm!!

were at like 162 or something

a_final_name.png

surly The strange Fornomina is related to this weeks update? if so its F2P right? cos they got it to

The strange power affected f2p players, yes. But it doesn't mean that the future update hinted will be f2p. Say if the thing were actually Zaros, as a weakened god, wouldn't he still have enough power to affect everyone? There has been one untouched theory - Edicts of Guthix. The thing about balance and God banishment from the realm of Gielnor.

surly The strange Fornomina is related to this weeks update? if so its F2P right? cos they got it to

Not nessecarily. Nomad got his new look weeks before Nomad's Requiem.

Mod Calm Told us we Didnt Have to be patient with finding out what it was about. Pritty much garanty its to do with this weeks update

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

The strange power affected f2p players, yes. But it doesn't mean that the future update hinted will be f2p. Say if the thing were actually Zaros, as a weakened god, wouldn't he still have enough power to affect everyone? There has been one untouched theory - Edicts of Guthix. The thing about balance and God banishment from the realm of Gielnor.

If you're inferring that Zaros' return could have broken the Edicts then where have you been the past few weeks? :P TIFers have mentioned too many times that Zaros wasn't around for the Edicts; however that does not necessarily mean that he doesn't know about them. And if the update in question doesn't affect F2P in some way, shape or form, then it will be highly unfair of Jagex for doing that to them. It will make F2Pers think that they're just there so Jagex can just pull their strings.

Another thing to back up my bazaar and pretty much random idea of the update being music based - Jagex seemed to change nomad to look like...... The geezer on the front of The Sickness by Disturbed; Maybe it could be an indication of more metal things? :D <----- random idea = Addy Dragons. :P SeewhatIdidthere?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Definitely gonna be a runecrafting update after seeing today's twitter hint. Possibly the soul altar. I'm going out on a limb here, but that could be the reason it affected everyone. Maybe the soul altar has some sort of universal connection to our souls. :-k

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Definitely gonna be a runecrafting update after seeing today's twitter hint. Possibly the soul altar. I'm going out on a limb here, but that could be the reason it affected everyone. Maybe the soul altar has some sort of universal connection to our souls. :-k

Soul runes aren't common enough for it to be this hyped up, I disagree.

Coandca5.png

99Defence.png99Hitpoints.png99Range.png99Attack.png99Strength.png

Why would they have this strange power thing happen? it must have something to do with this weeks update. So why did F2P get this aswell? answe:r a full game update. No soul alter (P2P) no Gwd Boss (P2P) only update that has been said that F2P will get... New Skill

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

If soul = life, then I should be dead already...

priest_wiz.png

Perhaps they can do to RC what they've done to WC, Mining and Hunter? Give something with maaaaaaasive exp gains making it a highly trained skill.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Perhaps they can do to RC what they've done to WC, Mining and Hunter? Give something with maaaaaaasive exp gains making it a highly trained skill.

I really hope they don't do that with any more skills.

I think the Mahjarrat Ritual is a way off yet. The Temple at Senntisten was only released in December, before that the Curse of Arrav was released in July. Given the progressing difficulty and length (ish) of the quests i'd say June onwards for another Mysteries of the Mahjarrat quest.

asrhasrh.jpg

I'm feeling Zaros, or something Mahjarrat. No soul altar. Think about it, did they do this for the other two altars?

Zaros just got introduced into the game, so I doubt it's zaros. As for a mahjarrat, why can't that and the soul alter be one in the same? If one of them has to be sacrificed to give life to the rest of them then the soul alter makes perfect sense.

I think the Mahjarrat Ritual is a way off yet. The Temple at Senntisten was only released in December, before that the Curse of Arrav was released in July. Given the progressing difficulty and length (ish) of the quests i'd say June onwards for another Mysteries of the Mahjarrat quest.

November, Blood runs deep was december ;)

I'm feeling Zaros, or something Mahjarrat. No soul altar. Think about it, did they do this for the other two altars?

Zaros just got introduced into the game, so I doubt it's zaros. As for a mahjarrat, why can't that and the soul alter be one in the same? If one of them has to be sacrificed to give life to the rest of them then the soul alter makes perfect sense.

Not really he's been known about for a very long time, and yes it's a possibility for the soul altar, as Jhallan said on the quest "Tale of a Muspah" about a "rock of life" which could mean soul altar.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Mahjarrat have no soul. They just kick [cabbage].

priest_wiz.png

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/newsitem.ws?id=2462&allcat=true

kthxbai. ;)

asrhasrh.jpg

No one seems to have brought up that Zaros was dead for arounda few thousand years by the time the God Wars happened, (Zaros died in the second age I think? GW was Third Age)

Wouldn't make sense for a Zaros GWD.

NotoriousPSC.png

"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos-especially activity that seems to have no meaning"- Jim Morrison

No one seems to have brought up that Zaros was dead for arounda few thousand years by the time the God Wars happened, (Zaros died in the second age I think? GW was Third Age)

Zaros never died, he was banished from Gielnor by the staff of armadyl.

Coandca5.png

99Defence.png99Hitpoints.png99Range.png99Attack.png99Strength.png

2hf1ikz.png

Whoa, i`m on that picture! The one with ardougne cloak and white hair :thumbsup:

Interesting stuff. I`d guess a new quest.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/newsitem.ws?id=2462&allcat=true

kthxbai. ;)

I had the feeling it was late november but perhaps not, still I wouldn't rule it out entirely although it's really doubtful

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Zaros never 'died' he was just weakened.

And by just introduced, I mean Zaros was just shown in a physical form. We've all seen staues of zamorak or saradomin, the bandos avatar, it was said in a postbag that all crystal equipment holds a part of the essence of seren, met 2 desert gods, seen statues/shadows of the rest, and now seen zaros in a physical manifestation.