Top Posters In This Topic

"Acolyte Until''

"My anagram has four words. It starts with "I". "

as given by mod mark h

qfc: 133-134-677-60265438

Page 2&3

It's a real lamer anyways :thumbdown:

"I cant tell you."

Anyone else notice his word choice for the anagram? Acolyte is a white knight rank. Presumably above proselyte. You can see them in the White Knight Castle. Examine for the white knight with a green plume reads "A White Knight acolyte."

Upgraded prayer armor anyone?

Well, I tried entering that on an anagram solver website, and here are some of the more interesting ones it came up with:

i loan cult yet

i lay cult tone

i let to lunacy

i lo natty clue

i lunacy let to

i lent clay out

Somehow, the word 'cult' being a potential part of the anagram jumps out at me.

I solved the anagram, methinks.

Acolyte Until.

=

I can't tell you.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

What if the "dark power" comes from the "Dark Lord" from the Elven lands quest series? A new god? Zamorak? Zaros? Who knows?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I think it's going to lead to something like an instance in WoW.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

I'd be interested to know the exact time it was when this happened to everyone if someone has that information. (Jagex time) :P

I also heard this happened in RSC as well? Just would like if someone could clear that up.

Certainly looks interesting. I'll see if I can find out anything else. (:

EDIT:

Forum Quote:

the last time that something like this happened was about a week before 'while guthix sleeps' was released, where everyone that met the (quest) requirements for it got a message from an guardian of armadyl.

this might be the same effect, since it has been seen by every player online at that time, both members and free, tells that everyone would have instant access to this (quest) update.

now the only reason for free players to have access to a new quest or other piece of content would be the new skill, that will possibly, probarbly, be initiated by a quest.

I also think this was a rather interesting thread: 15-16-502-60264703

-Jeremy.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I'd be interested to know the exact time it was when this happened to everyone if someone has that information. (Jagex time) :P

Happened at exactly 7:45pm/19:45 GMT :^_^:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

If runescape wiki is correct, then it's another slug quest.

"On 23 January, 2010, an event occurred in which on all players who logged in, a strange power was unleashed. After that, the dialogue of the Witchaven citizens changes to: "The mother is free." This could mean that Mother Mallum left her hideout, hinting at a possible sequel to Slug Menace. "

2d0f03c.png

If runescape wiki is correct, then it's another slug quest.

"On 23 January, 2010, an event occurred in which on all players who logged in, a strange power was unleashed. After that, the dialogue of the Witchaven citizens changes to: "The mother is free." This could mean that Mother Mallum left her hideout, hinting at a possible sequel to Slug Menace. "

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Mother Mallum has been free for a while already, didn't we free her?

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

Lol. Funny that it is happening to players, but not NPCs and objects.

Yeah, I can understand it not happening to objects but if all the NPCs did it too it would've been funny. Watching Kril-whatshisface get lifted off the ground and shook about.

"Acolyte Until''

"My anagram has four words. It starts with "I". "

as given by mod mark h

qfc: 133-134-677-60265438

Page 2&3

It's a real lamer anyways :thumbdown:

"I cant tell you."

Anyone else notice his word choice for the anagram? Acolyte is a white knight rank. Presumably above proselyte. You can see them in the White Knight Castle. Examine for the white knight with a green plume reads "A White Knight acolyte."

Upgraded prayer armor anyone?

Well, I tried entering that on an anagram solver website, and here are some of the more interesting ones it came up with:

i loan cult yet

i lay cult tone

i let to lunacy

i lo natty clue

i lunacy let to

i lent clay out

Somehow, the word 'cult' being a potential part of the anagram jumps out at me.

I solved the anagram, methinks.

Acolyte Until.

=

I can't tell you.

No it had already been solved. I wasn't talking about the solution though. I was discussing his word choice for the actual anagram, not the answer.

If people are correct in saying that the witchhaven dialogue was added after the strange power, then it would make sense to use "acolyte" for the anagram because proselyte was the reward from Slug Menace. Hence the hint isn't the solution, but the word choice of the actual puzzle. The next white knight prayer armor being acolyte would make a lot of sense. And for those curious, the acolyte white knights wear green. So if it follows suit with the armor we already have, it would be white armor with green trim.

Nazgul.jpeg

I agree that a number of strange occurrences have happened on the day of the Strange Power incident.

-Whips crashed in value after rising after the recent Barbarian Assault changes

-Tip.it forums went down, and the RSOF went down at the EXACT time that the Tip.it forums came back online.

-It rained momentarily where I live, causing flash floods.

-This has happened not long after the Haiti earthquake.

I think Jagex just predicted the end of the world.

[/parody of the speculation on the RSOF]

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Oh, Tif is back up. I typed this in a word document a few hours ago.

At 7:48 pm GMT, most if not all players were affected by a red mist, and being levitated into the air; like the quest cape emote. The emote lasted around 10 seconds, and in the chatbox you would see a message saying You feel a strange power unleash itself upon you.

There are a few theories;

The Mahjarrat Quest line; because we all faced North or North East, depending on location. Many Mahjarrat spoke of The North, a Mahjarrat Ritual site where they must sacrifice a Mahjarrat and the rest prolong their lives. The timing of when it happens has to do with the star alignments.

Witchaven Villagers have a chance of saying something related to the stars (or planets) aligning.

The Slug Quest line; Mother Mallum is said to be free, according to Witchaven Villagers. Quotes being Free. She is free or The mother is free. Mother Mallum has had plans of taking over Gielnor before, and weve just freed her during Slug Menace. (For those who think weve killed her, no, that was the Slug Prince, sort of a distraction)

Im not too sure, but Kennith might have some updated dialogue too.

Mother Mallum possesses the ability to slightly control us as a host (demonstrated during Slug Menace), therefore the theory that the red mist is her makes sense.

Further speculation from the forums lead to Mod Mark H to post an anagram. Acolyte Until. It was quickly figured out to be I cant tell you after Mod Mark H posted that the anagram was 4 words, and begun with I. However, Acolyte rhymes with Proselyte, which might mean that it would be a new rank/armour from the SeaSlug Quest Series. (Proselyte is unlocked from the Slug Menace quest)

Zaros return; The red mist affected all players logged into RuneScape, not only the P2p players. It would seem possible that this would be a godly power; the rise of Zaros, continuation of Azzandras loyalty?

Last but not least, OfficialJagex release a twitter stating, "Next week in RuneScape: Variety is the essence of life!" Possible link right there.

Mods: The text might be huge, put in hide tags if needed :s

Mother mallum has been free for a couple years and the witchhaven villagers have been saying that stuff forever.

yeah i think the witchhaven stuff is misleading, people just don't realise they may have been saying that for ages.

anyway its a couple of minutes since this happened exactly one day ago, so i'm waiting to see if anything new is about to happen (19:48 gmt yesterday)

Jallen is getting sacrificed...

He isn't still frozen in ice if you go back to the place where we left him to slumber.

Oh, so more speculation on the Mahjarrat quest series?

EDIT - He is unfrozen and then takes the form of Muspah. He cannot take part in the ritual in his weak state. Okay, you're probably right