Strange power

viralaether

No one seems to have brought up that Zaros was dead for arounda few thousand years by the time the God Wars happened, (Zaros died in the second age I think? GW was Third Age)

Wouldn't make sense for a Zaros GWD.

Who the hell said Gwd? We're probably going to be used as a portal, a gateway for Zaros to return to this realm, just maybe. Our characters are 'vital for Zaros' revival' and we are needed 'in one piece'. It could just be figurative or it could be literal. Zaros didn't die, he simply faded out of existance on this plane.

Oh and even though this is a wiki page; Look at this article http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/The_Ritual_of_Rejuvenation

There are plenty of screenshots showing that we all face North/North-East when the strange power was unleashed, so there could be Mahjarrat connection. (Zaros was Mahjarrat too)

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought it was a new skill, but now I'm leaning more towards a new quest/mini-quest/clue fest type thing.

I do believe that the "emote" the payers did was highly relevant. Either way, good of Jagex to do things like this, the players seem to really enjoy it.

No one seems to have brought up that Zaros was dead for arounda few thousand years by the time the God Wars happened, (Zaros died in the second age I think? GW was Third Age)

Who the hell said Gwd? We're probably going to be used as a portal, a gateway for Zaros to return to this realm, just maybe. Our characters are 'vital for Zaros' revival' and we are needed 'in one piece'. It could just be figurative or it could be literal. Zaros didn't die, he simply faded out of existance on this plane.

Where's the vital for his revival part from?

Also, Zaros wasn't in the God Wars (was he?), so it wouldn't make sense for him to be involved as his forces had largely been wiped out when Zamorak betrayed him.

NotoriousPSC.png

"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos-especially activity that seems to have no meaning"- Jim Morrison

Definitely gonna be a runecrafting update after seeing today's twitter hint. Possibly the soul altar. I'm going out on a limb here, but that could be the reason it affected everyone. Maybe the soul altar has some sort of universal connection to our souls. :-k

Soul runes aren't common enough for it to be this hyped up, I disagree.

Which could be why it's so hyped up. Maybe we're about to have a reason to need a lot of soul runes.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Definitely gonna be a runecrafting update after seeing today's twitter hint. Possibly the soul altar. I'm going out on a limb here, but that could be the reason it affected everyone. Maybe the soul altar has some sort of universal connection to our souls. :-k

Soul runes aren't common enough for it to be this hyped up, I disagree.

New spell book based around soul runes?

Personally I had hoped that a soul altar would've come out instead of the astral altar and its corresponding runes :S

But who knows... The source of where everyone was facing to is not the chaos altar... It is just off of the coast of eastern lvl 30-40 wild to my best guesses... This coincides with the barge our varrock museum friends are making, taking us to an island with a lot of ancient (aka zarosian era) artefacts...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Also, Zaros wasn't in the God Wars (was he?), so it wouldn't make sense for him to be involved as his forces had largely been wiped out when Zamorak betrayed him.

Azzandra dialogue, he tells us we are vital for Zaros' return and needed in one piece. Oh and your second statement was the whole point of why I said "Who the hell said it would be Gwd"

No, zaros was banished, his army wasn't wiped out until about the end of the god wars. It was when saradomin and zamorak got together and Nagasaki'd the wild.

No, zaros was banished, his army wasn't wiped out until about the end of the god wars. It was when saradomin and zamorak got together and Nagasaki'd the wild.

Zaros had no army, his 'army' were Mahjarrat, who betrayed him.

Zaros had already been banished long before the God Wars. The God Wars were the result of Zamorak returning as a god and taking control of much of Zaros' forces and the other gods fighting him because they wanted Zaros' empire for themselves

Not true. Most of Zamorak's army were converted Zarosians, including Vampyres (though only for the promise of Hallowvale), most Mahjarrat, humans, and so on. Zaros had an army

Join Future Update News! The longest running update speculation thread on the RSOF, currently on its 24 Edition

QFC 16-17-671-59680498

314v28z.jpg

Thanks to Killerwat for the sig!

A few of the posts on here specualte on a Zaros GWD, which is why I brought it up. I guess its possible that some of his army remained, in the Zamork AoG campaign you wipe out the Zarosian forces in Morytania.

NotoriousPSC.png

"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos-especially activity that seems to have no meaning"- Jim Morrison

I find it hard to believe that you still wouldn't have a regular force even with a few super soldiers under your command.

Zaros had whole cities devoted to him. There's absolutely no evidence to suggest that Zaros' entire army was comprised exclusively of Mahjarrat.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Zaros had whole cities devoted to him. There's absolutely no evidence to suggest that Zaros' entire army was comprised exclusively of Mahjarrat.

This.

NotoriousPSC.png

That's true. But I still don't see "Zaros Gwd".

Oh and some copy pasta from RS Wiki;

[hide=Copy Pasta from RS Wiki]In the recent Q&As from three Jagex Moderators (Mod MMG, Mod Roderick and Paul Gower), it has been hinted that Zaros will return soon. It was also hinted many years ago by the Chaos Elemental in a Postbag from the Hedge with the phrase "bizarre boron swell", an anagram of "Zaros will be reborn".

During The Temple at Senntisten, the player collects three items to give to Dr Nabanik (Azzanadra), used to contact Zaros. This creates a connection between the temple and the plane where Zaros is located, allowing speech. This connection is only the start of what may happen when Zaros is fully reborn, as shown in a cutscene. The cutscene shows the dark mage's portal going crazy (almost destroying the universe according to him) but the mage thankfully manages to control it. It also shows an earthquake which cracks a Zamorak statue at the Chaos Temple. The Monks of Zamorak are furious, and suspect it is the Saradominists' fault.

This manifestation of power appears to have violated the Edicts of Guthix, which prohibits all other gods from directly interfering with Gielinor (only the gods' followers can act on behalf of their gods). If this was indeed a violation, it is not known whether it was intentionally in violation of the Edicts, as the edicts were proclaimed during the God Wars, long after Zaros had disappeared from the plane of Gielinor. It is also possible that the Edicts do not affect Zaros as he had not been in Gielinor at the time they were put in place.

[/hide]

Some useful info there. Mod MMG, Mod Roderick and Paul hinted Zaros' return soon. I think it's a completely natural idea that it would be Zaros' return. It's like the walls have started to 'crack'; after the events where Azzandra opened communications with Zaros

[hide=Copy Pasta from RS Wiki]In the recent Q&As from three Jagex Moderators (Mod MMG, Mod Roderick and Paul Gower), it has been hinted that Zaros will return soon. It was also hinted many years ago by the Chaos Elemental in a Postbag from the Hedge with the phrase "bizarre boron swell", an anagram of "Zaros will be reborn".

During The Temple at Senntisten, the player collects three items to give to Dr Nabanik (Azzanadra), used to contact Zaros. This creates a connection between the temple and the plane where Zaros is located, allowing speech. This connection is only the start of what may happen when Zaros is fully reborn, as shown in a cutscene. The cutscene shows the dark mage's portal going crazy (almost destroying the universe according to him) but the mage thankfully manages to control it. It also shows an earthquake which cracks a Zamorak statue at the Chaos Temple. The Monks of Zamorak are furious, and suspect it is the Saradominists' fault.

This manifestation of power appears to have violated the Edicts of Guthix, which prohibits all other gods from directly interfering with Gielinor (only the gods' followers can act on behalf of their gods). If this was indeed a violation, it is not known whether it was intentionally in violation of the Edicts, as the edicts were proclaimed during the God Wars, long after Zaros had disappeared from the plane of Gielinor. It is also possible that the Edicts do not affect Zaros as he had not been in Gielinor at the time they were put in place.

[/hide]

Some useful info there. Mod MMG, Mod Roderick and Paul hinted Zaros' return soon. I think it's a completely natural idea that it would be Zaros' return. It's like the walls have started to 'crack'; after the events where Azzandra opened communications with Zaros

Easily no zaros gwd. The battle for the godsword was also near the end of the godwars, which means zamorak and saradomin would probably be keeping zaros' army busy.

[/hide]

I don't see a Zaros GWd either.

Zaros was banished/killed/defeated long before the God Wars actually started, and the god Wars woke up Guthix who then ended the wars and preventing all Gods from interfering. So its probably that Zaros doesn't know about it.

But Can the Gods ignore the edict? Or are they actually prevented from interfering by Guthix's power? What would happen if a God broke the edict?

Guthix also has no knowledge of Zaros (can't remember where its from) All I remember is that Guthix said something somewhere (letters to the gods?) when asked about Zaros, and he said that Zaros possibly could have come during his sleep (which is what happened, Zaros came along after Guthix was asleep and was gone before he woke up)

NotoriousPSC.png

There are plenty of screenshots showing that we all face North/North-East when the strange power was unleashed, so there could be Mahjarrat connection. (Zaros was Mahjarrat too)

Yeh no. Zaros was a god who basically stole the Mahjarrats allegiance away from Icthlarin. He wasn't one of them.

asrhasrh.jpg

Oh man....I am so mad I missed this, lol. I really hope its not one of those quests and a piece of content people can just use off the bat, though.

Um....has anyone checked the body door? The one that you find during elemental workshop 2? If everyone's bodies rose into the air...with red mist going around them....Could this be some crazy sequel to EW2?

Could someone check that out quickly? I would, but I am stuck in f2p atm =P~ . I would love if it was EW3, I love that quest line :thumbsup:

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

Yeh no. Zaros was a god who basically stole the Mahjarrats allegiance away from Icthlarin. He wasn't one of them.

Yes. Zamorak is the only mahjarrat god. And don't even mention Lucien

Oh man....I am so mad I missed this, lol. I really hope its not one of those quests and a piece of content people can just use off the bat, though.

Um....has anyone checked the body door? The one that you find during elemental workshop 2? If everyone's bodies rose into the air...with red mist going around them....Could this be some crazy sequel to EW2?

Could someone check that out quickly? I would, but I am stuck in f2p atm =P~ . I would love if it was EW3, I love that quest line :thumbsup:

Because EW3 would totally become a hidden quest :rolleyes:

If it comes out you'll see it on the front page.

priest_wiz.png

Because EW3 would totally become a hidden quest :rolleyes:

If it comes out you'll see it on the front page.

Why not? The sequel to cooks assistant was Recipe for Disaster, quite a huge difference in difficulties. There is no reason why this could not be about that. We have no idea what is behind that door, at all. Just because the first two were low on the scale of hype, does not leave out EW3.

That being said, I know the chances of this are slim as hell, but I can wish, right? ;-)

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

Someone get Hippodo in here to finish this argument. <_<

It was never said zaros had and army but no evidence for the other is present either. So with that, when in doubt, go with the more logical choice.

Could it also not be possible that the volcano near the edge of the wilderness erupted? That would explain the earthquake and it could quite be possible that Zaros caused it as the wilderness was once under his control.

Warsaver.png

Someone get Hippodo in here to finish this argument. <_<

It was never said zaros had and army but no evidence for the other is present either. So with that, when in doubt, go with the more logical choice.

Objection!

During the Ghostly Robes miniquest, we learn that Zaros had a lot of different beings under his control, including all sorts of demons, Mahjarrat, Dragon Riders and many many more.

priest_wiz.png