Strange power

viralaether

Hey guys this is weird. I don't know about the wrecked ship there, but the sailor guy is missing! I remember talking to him after kenniths concerns so I think he left recently. Also, notice how the dot next to me is yellow, like a character? Plus the examine for the chair is in the chatbox, although it's another classic JaGex examine.

Are you referring to the guy in the chair? That's Jack O'Niall, he was a retired white knight who left after Slug Menace, before Kennith's Concern. He was taken control of by the sea slugs and fled town. The White Knights have issued an order to kill him on sight.

Sea slugs took control of him before and now he's missing? This combined with Mod Mark H's use of words for his angram makes this look like the most likely answer.

To this, i'm fairly sure Acolyte Until = I can't tell you. I'm not saying Slugs aren't a possibility, but that's the best anagram I could come up with. They're being quite secretive about it all.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it be possible the whole REASON for the godwars was because Zaros, or maybe even Guthix, is in slumber UNDERNEATH the actual dunegon; maybe Zammorak/Bandos were trying to break through this "Frozen Door" and Armadyl/Saradomin were fighting to keep this from happening. I am going to go with this being about some type of godly happenings on runescape.

Cannot wait to find out ;)

Sorry, I didn't read it all the way (Up to page 15, approx, then 28-30).

Has anyone tried opening the "ex-frozen door" after getting 40 kc of every encampment? Could be nice to try.

ex-frozen? it didn't change at all after the strange event. so no, i doubt that'll do anything and i doubt this is even related to gwd.

Earthquake? Maybe jagex feels left out that they didn't get an earthquake like haiti

*facepalm* The first 15 pages of this thread was about how it was not an earthquake and only titled as one as the maker of this thread didn't know what it was........ the other 15 pages is people like yourself coming in on the last page, not reading and then posting about it being an earthquake :wall: #-o READ A FEW PAGES OF THE THREAD FIRST PLEASE PEOPLE!!!! :wall:

Anyways update day today perchance? 1p says it's Zaros

(btw if I'm being a little snappy it's because I'm sat in the most rubbish lecture ever created and want to go back to sleep.)

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Would it be possible the whole REASON for the godwars was because Zaros, or maybe even Guthix, is in slumber UNDERNEATH the actual dunegon; maybe Zammorak/Bandos were trying to break through this "Frozen Door" and Armadyl/Saradomin were fighting to keep this from happening. I am going to go with this being about some type of godly happenings on runescape.

No.

The Godwars dungeon specifically was where they fought over the god sword, a powerful blade that could of helped turn the tide of the war and they each made their own hilt for it.

The godwars in general covered the entire world and is largely believed to be about controlling the Stone of Jas, although the original factor that started it was Zamorak returning to runescape as a god after he had originally been banished for "killing" Zaros. The other gods did not take too kindly to his return, or claim to godhood, especially as he deemed himself the God of Chaos.

Also there is no definite proof Bandos and Zamorak were allies. It is likely as Bandos is the God of War and Zamorak causing War he would like, however he also probably would dislike seeing another god on the scene. The only 100% concrete known alliance was between Saradomin and Armadyl (Order and Justice)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Orb of Oculus, they said in developers blog on 20th theyre releasing this very soon, most likely it will be available to both F2P and P2P

Thats such a minor in-game tool for film makers though; why would they hint towards it with a game wide event during prime play time?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Orb of Oculus, they said in developers blog on 20th theyre releasing this very soon, most likely it will be available to both F2P and P2P

Thats such a minor in-game tool for film makers though; why would they hint towards it with a game wide event during prime play time?

Maybe theres some sort of quest that unlocks it? Maybe the new skill is film-making? :P

The dev diary expressly told us its an item specifically for machinma makers and heavily implied it is much like the Tools for Games.

Which pretty much nullifies any idea of it being a skill or a quest item.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

No.

The Godwars dungeon specifically was where they fought over the god sword, a powerful blade that could of helped turn the tide of the war and they each made their own hilt for it.

The godwars in general covered the entire world and is largely believed to be about controlling the Stone of Jas, although the original factor that started it was Zamorak returning to runescape as a god after he had originally been banished for "killing" Zaros. The other gods did not take too kindly to his return, or claim to godhood, especially as he deemed himself the God of Chaos.

Also there is no definite proof Bandos and Zamorak were allies. It is likely as Bandos is the God of War and Zamorak causing War he would like, however he also probably would dislike seeing another god on the scene. The only 100% concrete known alliance was between Saradomin and Armadyl (Order and Justice)

Zamorak and zaros vanished at the same time, Zamorak wasn't really banished, he was just assumed dead.

And there is one other known alliance. Zamorak and Saradomin joined forces to take out a large part of the zarosian empire, aka today the wild.

The event only happended once on Saturday evening right?

I was in Varrock bank and there was a rumbling noise, I seem to recall that the 'earth' shook and we were levitated up into the air and performed a kind of 'Jump For joy' emote. I didn't really see the red shadowy bits and I missed the message because of all the "WTF's".

I thought I landed facing North-West. Anyways, it was some sort of 'awakening' which explains why it has only happened once and whoever has woken up and caused the power surge throughout RS Land will shortly be revealed.

That's my two-pennies-worth....

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

Zamorak was banished by the other gods for daring to kill one of their own. However when he came back he appeared stronger and more "real" than before. It it implied somewhere that during his banishment he tracked down the Stone of Jas and used it to gain god-like powers. It can only be assumed that this is what Lucien hopes to do.

asrhasrh.jpg

No.

Zamorak and zaros vanished at the same time, Zamorak wasn't really banished, he was just assumed dead.

And there is one other known alliance. Zamorak and Saradomin joined forces to take out a large part of the zarosian empire, aka today the wild.

Damn... someone get their facts straight. Zaros was a god, he came to Gielnor and the Mahjarrat decided to follow him instead of Ichlarin. Zamorak and his little 'allies' plotted against him, being Mahjarrat. They found the staff of armadyl and believed it would damage a god, being a god weapon. Through sheer luck, they managed to impale Zaros and the godly powers transferred to Zamorak to a godly status. Zaros faded out of existance, and now exists in another distant plane.

Zamorak was loved by some of the Mahjarrat, the others seen him as a 'dog', a traitor. I'm a little unsure here but then the Gods decided to fight over the power that Zaros left behind, leading to the Godwars.

Guthix ended the Godwars once he awoke he great slumber, banished them to another realm and sworn if they were to ever directly influence events on RuneScape, a group of Guthixians will rewaken him in a ritual and create a new RuneScape, wiping out the current one.

That being said; Zamorak never died.

Oh, sorry, I gathered from his post that him being missing was a recent event.

Nope. I was just correcting Komatose's inaccuracy that he had spoken to O'Niall after Kennith's Concern, which would have been impossible because he disappeared after Slug Menace when the order for his death was put out.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

No.

Damn... someone get their facts straight. Zaros was a god, he came to Gielnor and the Mahjarrat decided to follow him instead of Ichlarin. Zamorak and his little 'allies' plotted against him, being Mahjarrat. They found the staff of armadyl and believed it would damage a god, being a god weapon. Through sheer luck, they managed to impale Zaros and the godly powers transferred to Zamorak to a godly status. Zaros faded out of existance, and now exists in another distant plane.

Zamorak was loved by some of the Mahjarrat, the others seen him as a 'dog', a traitor. I'm a little unsure here but then the Gods decided to fight over the power that Zaros left behind, leading to the Godwars.

Guthix ended the Godwars once he awoke he great slumber, banished them to another realm and sworn if they were to ever directly influence events on RuneScape, a group of Guthixians will rewaken him in a ritual and create a new RuneScape, wiping out the current one.

And I heard Saradominist and Zamorakian forces only joined to imprison Azzanadra. The wilderness was destroyed during their battles with each other.

And Bandos joined forces with whoever he thought would win the battle.

priest_wiz.png

No.

And I heard Saradominist and Zamorakian forces only joined to imprison Azzanadra. The wilderness was destroyed during their battles with each other.

And Bandos joined forces with whoever he thought would win the battle.

Zamorak was banished by the other gods after "killing" Zaros at this point he was still just a man.

It was when he returned as a god the godwars started (roughly) as despite early work with Saradomin to get rid of remaining Zarosian forces Zamorak quickly turned agaisnt the other gods, wanting to bring Chaos

Plv6Dz6.jpg

You know what has all been lost in the God Wars stuff? Lord Drakan assisted Zamorak in his attempt to overthrow Zaros. Sliske is believed to exist in an area occupied by Drakan's forces. Maybe at some point the Zarosian allies might want to show him a little bit of retribution? That could tie the Myreque quest line into the MOTM quest chain.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

You know what has all been lost in the God Wars stuff? Lord Drakan assisted Zamorak in his attempt to overthrow Zaros. Sliske is believed to exist in an area occupied by Drakan's forces. Maybe at some point the Zarosian allies might want to show him a little bit of retribution? That could tie the Myreque quest line into the MOTM quest chain.

If that means a new Myrque quest im all for it.

And also, where could i find information on sliske other than zemourgals notes?

I hear a bit about him but have never read on him other than in his notes.

And you made a post that didnt make me want to hit you o.o its a miracle!

notasandwich000457.png

lolwot125740.png

Sliske is all over the place. He's mentioned in many quests/stories, but never actually plays a big role (outside of the Barrows story).

Hey, we completely forgot about the Dragonkin in this equation... could it have been them?

[hide=WGS spoiler]remember the end of WGS after 400k exp...[/hide]

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!