Strange power

viralaether

I may be looking too hard, but there has to be a reason why free to play got this as well. Not much points to there being a new skill, so if they update would be for free to play as well, it would have to be something that we don't know about yet. But the way the seers say something new, and how practically every other possibility we know about points to members. really tells me this update is going to be for members. I believe free to play didn't get this event as a way to tell us it's also a free to play update, but as a hint instead. Both "Free to play" and "Fairy Tales Part 3" share the same acronym "FTP". Mind you, the quest has a 3 at the end. Though the bigger part of the quest name "Fairy Tales Part" is shared between both current quest. As I said, I'm probably just looking too hard. But it does explain a few conflicting issues.

FTP is the nooby new skool reference though.

Decent up standing people and Jagex themselves use F2P and P2P not FTP and PTP

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think Jagex will do something totally the opposite to everything suggested. I think they have thrown a curveball. I can image something like 'remember the strange power a few weeks ago? well it was really those darned penguins collecting flowers near Varrock!'

Something like the DFS or construction?

*Note the two things these have in common are the they were not told to us (well construction was I guess technically, but the DFS came out of nowhere)

I think the key to it all is that intriguing phrase, "Acolyte until."

I ran it through my anagramaticon, and I believe I have some very enlightening results to share with you, arranged by increasing order of likelihood.

4. Icy toll, a tune

This one's got to be it. This refers to the frozen door in the God Wars Dungeon, as well as the new skill: Music. Why else were musicians introduced all over the place? Huh? You'll need a certain degree of musical skill to 'play' open the door, and the bosses within will all have instruments. It'll be like a Battle of the Bands, but for your very life!

Hope I've cut through all the callow speculation with my well-grounded and fact-based prognostication.

You're welcome.

The MMO, Ragnarok Online, has a Bard Class. Jagex has told us time and time again that the new skill has never been done before by any other game, which is why they have told us next to nothing about it. Therefore, Music/Bard will NOT be the new skill.

However, if your anagram is correct, all that it probably means is that we will receive a new music track called Icy Tune, probably foreshadowing a new(ish) snowy area (like GWD, as you said).

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Hah.

Oh geez.

After about the twentieth or so page I can't keep reading.

Look, it was just a joke. His choice of words mean NOTHING besides the fact that he took the first anagram on a list after punching his phrase into an anagram generator. He could have easily gone with something else on the list and then you'd be discussing those words instead.

"Acolyte until" is the alphabetical first phrase that will come out of an anagram generator if we're not counting chemical words. Which most common generators will not use.

JUST A JOKE.

I swear you folks could turn a sneeze on a tissue into dragon crossbows or something.

Anyway, I'm leaning more towards the ritual (it kind of looks like the ritual) but anything could happen :P Echo of the future? Current event? Things are getting more chaotic.

I'll be staring at this video to see if anything else was going on.

8f14270694.jpg

Hah.

Oh geez.

Look, it was just a joke. His choice of words mean NOTHING besides the fact that he took the first anagram on a list after punching his phrase into an anagram generator. He could have easily gone with something else on the list and then you'd be discussing those words instead.

"Acolyte until" is the alphabetical first phrase that will come out of an anagram generator if we're not counting chemical words. Which most common generators will not use.

JUST A JOKE.

I swear you folks could turn a sneeze on a tissue into dragon crossbows or something.

Anyway, I'm leaning more towards the ritual (it kind of looks like the ritual) but anything could happen :P Echo of the future? Current event? Things are getting more chaotic.

Once again, the ranking system: Initiate -> Proselyte -> Acolyte -> Partisan. http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/White_knight

Once again, Witchhaven villagers' dialogues have changed to reflect that Mother Mallum has risen. Their dialogue changed when this event took place, like the Seers' dialogue did.

Also, the animation that played during this event was slightly similar to animations from Kennith's Concerns. I'm not sure if they are exactly the same, but if they were, it'd be a dead giveaway.

2dgucz6.png

Hah.

Oh geez.

JUST A JOKE.

Once again, the ranking system: Initiate -> Proselyte -> Acolyte -> Partisan. http://runescape.wik...ki/White_knight

Once again, Witchhaven villagers' dialogues have changed to reflect that Mother Mallum has risen. Their dialogue changed when this event took place, like the Seers' dialogue did.

Also, the animation that played during this event was slightly similar to animations from Kennith's Concerns. I'm not sure if they are exactly the same, but if they were, it'd be a dead giveaway.

I keep hearing that the villagers have new dialogue, then I hear that they've always said that. Which is it?

Join Future Update News! The longest running update speculation thread on the RSOF, currently on its 24 Edition

QFC 16-17-671-59680498

314v28z.jpg

Thanks to Killerwat for the sig!

I may be looking too hard, but there has to be a reason why free to play got this as well. Not much points to there being a new skill, so if they update would be for free to play as well, it would have to be something that we don't know about yet. But the way the seers say something new, and how practically every other possibility we know about points to members. really tells me this update is going to be for members. I believe free to play didn't get this event as a way to tell us it's also a free to play update, but as a hint instead. Both "Free to play" and "Fairy Tales Part 3" share the same acronym "FTP". Mind you, the quest has a 3 at the end. Though the bigger part of the quest name "Fairy Tales Part" is shared between both current quest. As I said, I'm probably just looking too hard. But it does explain a few conflicting issues.

FTP is the nooby new skool reference though.

Decent up standing people and Jagex themselves use F2P and P2P not FTP and PTP

I've always been using FTP rather than f2p, and members instead of PTP or P2P. I've never seen the point of chat\leet-speaking within an acronym. F2P, P2P and PTP just look silly to me. :P

cheezysigtipit.png

High-alching that REALLY expensive item in my inventory looks more and more tempting with every beer I drink.

Gonna be like that, huh?

Okay. So you got this one word. Yeah. Draw all these conclusions from it.

How do you connect the red energy and the temporary hole in the universe that showed a bunch of cloaked strangers in red flanked by ones in green with this stuff?

All we know right now about slugs that they take control of people by latching on to them. There hasn't been any magic so far, just mind control and a whole lot of irritating messes as a consequence, most of which involve sneaking around and sapping their efforts with clever tricks.

Where do we make the leap to power of unimaginable proportions, and slightly breaking the universe?

8f14270694.jpg

Hah.

Oh geez.

JUST A JOKE.

Once again, the ranking system: Initiate -> Proselyte -> Acolyte -> Partisan. http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/White_knight

Like Strilmus said, Acolyte is one of the first things that pops in a generator. It could be related to Acolyte, but then, he could of also thrown it in just because it would cause more talking.

The Witchaven Villagers have talked about the rise of Mother Mallum for years! I forget the quest, but it's where you kill the Prince, and she tried to take over our body, they've been saying it ever since then.

And the animation was like a red mist, which is also similar to what Zemoreugal has in his little hideout. It could very well be Mahjarrat related.

It could very well be Sea Slug related, but I wouldn't think it very likely, it has just as much possibility at being a Mahjarrat update, everyone faced northwards once it was complete, possibly pointing them to the ritual location (I don't know that bit for sure, have to check).

And even saying that it could not be Mahjarrat related and could be something completely different...

...Like a new makeover for Leprechauns.

:lol:

OK so they've dangled the carrot last Saturday evening and had us all guessing ever since. PLUS they have kept us waiting for a further week.

This gives them the opportunity to repeat the 'unleashing of the strange power' and so satisfy those who missed the experience.

Saturday 19:45 hrs anyone?

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

OK so they've dangled the carrot last Saturday evening and had us all guessing ever since. PLUS they have kept us waiting for a further week.

This gives them the opportunity to repeat the 'unleashing of the strange power' and so satisfy those who missed the experience.

Saturday 19:45 hrs anyone?

I hope not :twisted: It makes me feel special being part of a one off. :cool:

I'd be more sympathetic about the specialness if we had more high quality screenshots, or vids of GE, or several perspectives of GE to work off of. The ghostliness of the figures makes picking up their features really tough.

8f14270694.jpg

I'd be more sympathetic about the specialness if we had more high quality screenshots, or vids of GE, or several perspectives of GE to work off of. The ghostliness of the figures makes picking up their features really tough.

As mentioned earlier, the figures are just players that were in the GE and were mid-emote.

Gonna be like that, huh?

Okay. So you got this one word. Yeah. Draw all these conclusions from it.

How do you connect the red energy and the temporary hole in the universe that showed a bunch of cloaked strangers in red flanked by ones in green with this stuff?

All we know right now about slugs that they take control of people by latching on to them. There hasn't been any magic so far, just mind control and a whole lot of irritating messes as a consequence, most of which involve sneaking around and sapping their efforts with clever tricks.

Where do we make the leap to power of unimaginable proportions, and slightly breaking the universe?

It would be tactless of him (the JMod) to use that specific word if it were unrelated, and if I remember correctly it was one of the main mods that happened to post the anagram. It JUST SO HAPPENS that Acolyte is the next rank for us to obtain with the Temple Knights. Why is it beyond your belief that the clue would be in the anagram itself rather than the answer?

Mother Mallum is supposedly very powerful. It would be like JaGEx to throw in a twist that she's actually extremely powerful, enough so to affect every player, although to be honest this is going a bit too far for me, too. Of course, in Kennith's Concerns, Kennith is able to use what seems to be powerful magical abilities. I don't know if that was every explained, but it could be him being controlled by Mother Mallum. Once again, I admit, this is a bit far-flung. If there had been no solid in-game change, I wouldn't be advocating this so hard.

I have no idea what you're referring to in the bolded part.

Hah.

Oh geez.

JUST A JOKE.

Like Strilmus said, Acolyte is one of the first things that pops in a generator. It could be related to Acolyte, but then, he could of also thrown it in just because it would cause more talking.

The Witchaven Villagers have talked about the rise of Mother Mallum for years! I forget the quest, but it's where you kill the Prince, and she tried to take over our body, they've been saying it ever since then.

And the animation was like a red mist, which is also similar to what Zemoreugal has in his little hideout. It could very well be Mahjarrat related.

It could very well be Sea Slug related, but I wouldn't think it very likely, it has just as much possibility at being a Mahjarrat update, everyone faced northwards once it was complete, possibly pointing them to the ritual location (I don't know that bit for sure, have to check).

And even saying that it could not be Mahjarrat related and could be something completely different...

They have talked about Mother Mallum eventually rising for years, but they have never said that she has actually risen until this happened. That is the key point here...

2dgucz6.png

I have no idea what you're referring to in the bolded part.

I think that he is referrencing the glimpse of the dragonkin around that table at the end of While Guthix Sleeps. I still never understood exactly how our character was seeing that...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Hah.

Oh geez.

JUST A JOKE.

They have talked about Mother Mallum eventually rising for years, but they have never said that she has actually risen until this happened. That is the key point here...

No, I've seen this dialogue since Hunt for Red Raktuber, it hasn't changed at all, and I'm pretty sure it's been that way for longer than that.

Whilst smithing in world 98 Varrock west anvils I find Bob the Jagex cat wandering around, *cue run to bank to get cat speak ammy to say "hai"* and he warns me to watch my back as "Those white knights are far more complicated than you can imagine, they're not the "goodie goodies" they claim to be"............. He's still here actually...... Could be something maybe?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

The White Knights thing has been there for.. Well years.

Ah alright, I didn't know.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I still like leaning towards the facing a location theory. I know RS Wiki can be full of bs but usually it's verified. " When the players stopped floating, they all faced a specific direction, which was north-east for anyone who was on the main plane of Gielinor at the time. (other directions were only reported if players were in a cave or minigame area) "

This thread has kind of died, we'll just have to wait to see what Jagex has for us.

Just a few questions about the ghostly figures from the G.E. photograph. I thought that the effect took place on everyone at the exact same time, is this not true? If it is true how do you explain the exception, Why would a select number people be exempt? Secondly, Why do those ghostly players seem to not be following the standard emote that everyone else went threw? II simply does not make sense to me that they would behave differently. Also for the dots couldn't that be explained as in p2p the cats have white dots as well, don't they? We all know they aren't human controlled.

34zljex.png

Huzzah.png