Strange power

viralaether

The idea of merging the quest lines occurred to me too. But as the event happened to f2p too it probably is accessible to them also, and the only big update for them too is the skill.

The only big update that we know is coming for them too is the skill. Jagex could have completely hidden a future update without any hints there's no need for them to tell us everything.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea of merging the quest lines occurred to me too. But as the event happened to f2p too it probably is accessible to them also, and the only big update for them too is the skill.

The only big update that we know is coming for them too is the skill. Jagex could have completely hidden a future update without any hints there's no need for them to tell us everything.

Yeah, could be... but i'd put my money on the skill :)

Opieous.png
99 Woodcutting 99 Constitution | 99 Prayer

Scapin since July 05'

Also Jagex could be going back to the advertising p2p of f2p that we all know and love.

Also Jagex could be going back to the advertising p2p of f2p that we all know and love.

Considering the about-face that was made since Mark Gerhard was named CEO, I doubt they would revert back to flawed business models after the torrent of positive feedback they received by reversing Iddison's bad calls.

hzvjpwS.gif

Off-topic here but I Wonder if the Stone of Jas ever belonged to anybody, was there a god or goddess called Jas? we know that the stone was around before Guthix set foot in Gielnor, before that is written lore in RuneScape pretty much none-existant? imagine if there's a big fight going on before the ritual between Zaros, Zamorak, Saradomin & the other Mahjarrat, Guthix has awoken and decides to fight, and then enters Jas who turns out to be more powerful than all of them... who turns out all this time has been lurking in the shadows watching them sacrifice one another fighting over his/her stone and destroying the land :P

Here's another possible thing for you, what if the Oracle is Jas? she spoke of the Stone of Jas way before WGS etc, and the Oracle is a very old and wise figure :twisted:

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Off-topic here but I Wonder if the Stone of Jas ever belonged to anybody, was there a god or goddess called Jas? we know that the stone was around before Guthix set foot in Gielnor, before that is written lore in RuneScape pretty much none-existant? imagine if there's a big fight going on before the ritual between Zaros, Zamorak, Saradomin & the other Mahjarrat, Guthix has awoken and decides to fight, and then enters Jas who turns out to be more powerful than all of them :P

yeah jas is like an elder god or something that created the stone, way before guthix.

"I've seen a vision by touching the strange orb. It has communicated to me that it is 'The Stone of Jas', owned by Jas, and protected by creatures he has enslaved for the purpose - the Dragonkin. One of the first of the Fremennik tribe touched the Stone and it changed them drastically...this is how they became Lunar mages."

there's ties with the dragonkin and probably frensakae (or however it's spelled.) but i reckon jas is a dead god and that is why the dragonkin appear to be rogue.

[runewiki]

Off-topic here but I Wonder if the Stone of Jas ever belonged to anybody, was there a god or goddess called Jas? we know that the stone was around before Guthix set foot in Gielnor, before that is written lore in RuneScape pretty much none-existant? imagine if there's a big fight going on before the ritual between Zaros, Zamorak, Saradomin & the other Mahjarrat, Guthix has awoken and decides to fight, and then enters Jas who turns out to be more powerful than all of them :P

yeah jas is like an elder god or something that created the stone, way before guthix.

"I've seen a vision by touching the strange orb. It has communicated to me that it is 'The Stone of Jas', owned by Jas, and protected by creatures he has enslaved for the purpose - the Dragonkin. One of the first of the Fremennik tribe touched the Stone and it changed them drastically...this is how they became Lunar mages."

there's ties with the dragonkin and probably frensakae (or however it's spelled.) but i reckon jas is a dead god and that is why the dragonkin appear to be rogue.

[runewiki]

Maybe a future twist in the Mahjarrat storyline then

[hide]

[runewiki]

[/hide]

I edited my post my theory is that it's the Oracle personally :P that'd be awesome though a return of Jas too.

yeah he's obviously a powerful figure having created the stone and enslaved the dragonkin, but as i said if he's still around he's either in hiding (yeah maybe a character like the oracle) or departed from gielnor.

would definately be nice to see him again, any quest related to him would probably involve rounding up the dragonkin and stuff so yeah.

[hide]

[runewiki]

[/hide]

I edited my post my theory is that it's the Oracle personally :P that'd be awesome though a return of Jas too.

yeah he's obviously a powerful figure having created the stone and enslaved the dragonkin, but as i said if he's still around he's either in hiding (yeah maybe a character like the oracle) or departed from gielnor.

would definately be nice to see him again, any quest related to him would probably involve rounding up the dragonkin and stuff so yeah.

Maybe Jas can only unlock the true power of the Stone of Jas and currently it's only working at a very low percent :P

You feel a strange power unleash itself upon you

You feel a powerful horse snout nauseating yelp

Horse riding :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

[hide]

[runewiki]

[/hide]

Maybe Jas can only unlock the true power of the Stone of Jas and currently it's only working at a very low percent :P

this is hilarious because JAS is an acronym for java application server which is basically what the game runs on (probably not a naming coincidence there) and for players to use the upgraded stone (stats above 255) would require an upgrade to the JAS - because the maximum usable value is currently 255 (or was, but i think they've got past it now with rt5 - see the corp, nomad's hp)

funny!

[hide]

[runewiki]

[/hide]

this is hilarious because JAS is an acronym for java application server which is basically what the game runs on (probably not a naming coincidence there) and for players to use the upgraded stone (stats above 255) would require an upgrade to the JAS - because the maximum usable value is currently 255 (or was, but i think they've got past it now with rt5 - see the corp, nomad's hp)

funny!

Weapons could also do a percentage of the monsters hp (such as ruby bolts) so you can still hit harder.. say if they made a weapon like a Thors hammer which is the Staff of Armadyl in RuneScape that could weaken the monster futher or just increase damage by a range of 20-100 lets say.. also I kind of meant for Jas to use not our players, so Jagex could make a cutscene with it hitting a tonne not necessarily having 255 stats, I'm not sure if it can go past 255 though, I heard that whilst reading up on lores etc a while ago, but I'm not sure on full capabilities of java.

Found this somewhere, thought it might be interesting:

just popped over to tears of guthix, told juna about restoring the connection with zaros and she said "finally, the order shifts towards balance once again"

If the strange event is linked to the quests then it might mean something.

Opieous.png
99 Woodcutting 99 Constitution | 99 Prayer

Scapin since July 05'

Found this somewhere, thought it might be interesting:

just popped over to tears of guthix, told juna about restoring the connection with zaros and she said "finally, the order shifts towards balance once again"

If the strange event is linked to the quests then it might mean something.

Conglaturations.

You are the 9001st person to believe it has something to do with Zaros.

You win a cake.

And I think/hope the same thing

priest_wiz.png

Idk tbh, there was an earthquake... could it be a new area as in land for the new skill or zaros... It could be Sailing :D

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

Idk tbh, there was an earthquake... could it be a new area as in land for the new skill or zaros... It could be Sailing :D

#-o

Tbh, I haven't seen anywhere where it says it wasn't an earthquake so let him call it what he wants.

For all we know, earthquakes haven't been felt before by the NPCs on Rs so to them it could be a strange power...

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

#-o

Tbh, I haven't seen anywhere where it says it wasn't an earthquake so let him call it what he wants.

For all we know, earthquakes haven't been felt before by the NPCs on Rs so to them it could be a strange power...

So a Jmod posting that it was DEFINATELY NOT an earthquake is not enough for you?

Back on topic; I found the first decent rsof thread on the same subject. He thinks like me >.<

Qfc; 16-17-972-58841613

You know if the bloom/glow graphic update is released, it would be excellent if some weapons/armor/eye? can be enchanted so it can glow. Imagine glowing godswords....killing stuff while looking sexy.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

#-o

So a Jmod posting that it was DEFINATELY NOT an earthquake is not enough for you?

Back on topic; I found the first decent rsof thread on the same subject. He thinks like me >.<

Qfc; 16-17-972-58841613

I cba to search back through the whole of this thread, but from what I remember they said it wasn't related to Haiti. Which to me means its not some way for them acknowledging what had happened. With so little information it could be a coincidence that the two events occurred in such a short space of time.

Feel free to find the image to prove me wrong but I'm going to bed now.

G'night.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

#-o

Qfc; 16-17-972-58841613

I cba to search back through the whole of this thread, but from what I remember they said it wasn't related to Haiti. Which to me means its not some way for them acknowledging what had happened. With so little information it could be a coincidence that the two events occurred in such a short space of time.

Feel free to find the image to prove me wrong but I'm going to bed now.

G'night.

Look at any picture on this thread and you'll find that it was not an earthquake. Nothing shook, nothing moved, the only thing that happened was players floated up with a red glowing thing around them and got a weird message in there chat box.