Strange power

viralaether

Just a few questions about the ghostly figures from the G.E. photograph. I thought that the effect took place on everyone at the exact same time, is this not true? If it is true how do you explain the exception, Why would a select number people be exempt? Secondly, Why do those ghostly players seem to not be following the standard emote that everyone else went threw? II simply does not make sense to me that they would behave differently. Also for the dots couldn't that be explained as in p2p the cats have white dots as well, don't they? We all know they aren't human controlled.

It did take effect, on everyone at the same time yet I noticed that I saw a shadow of me as I was lifted up, I think it was supposed to create the sense of you being moved around really fast.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a few questions about the ghostly figures from the G.E. photograph. I thought that the effect took place on everyone at the exact same time, is this not true? If it is true how do you explain the exception, Why would a select number people be exempt? Secondly, Why do those ghostly players seem to not be following the standard emote that everyone else went threw? II simply does not make sense to me that they would behave differently. Also for the dots couldn't that be explained as in p2p the cats have white dots as well, don't they? We all know they aren't human controlled.

It did take effect, on everyone at the same time yet I noticed that I saw a shadow of me as I was lifted up, I think it was supposed to create the sense of you being moved around really fast.

I saw on some videos that they did take effect on different persons at different time.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Could have been effected by what actions people were doing.

If someone was doing an emote of any kind, it might have waited for the emote to end.

Looking at the picture a few pages back that showed where people were people were pointing, it included the the castle with the dragonkin symbol.

It might be a small link but i found this while going through some old screenshots, the make the world quake parts what grabbed by eye.

ohnoesim.png

Looking at the picture a few pages back that showed where people were people were pointing, it included the the castle with the dragonkin symbol.

It might be a small link but i found this while going through some old screenshots, the make the world quake parts what grabbed by eye.

ohnoesim.png

YOU WIN THE INTERNET! =]

siggykv.jpg

I skill. If you skill you should join.

ohnoesim.png

YOU WIN THE INTERNET! =]

That is a huge find... IF this mysterious force really is an earthquake. I've read all posts in this topic and I'm still not sure whether it's a quake or not. The only thing I've seen is a red glow...

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

ohnoesim.png

YOU WIN THE INTERNET! =]

That is a huge find... IF this mysterious force really is an earthquake. I've read all posts in this topic and I'm still not sure whether it's a quake or not. The only thing I've seen is a red glow...

Considered this possibility, but why did the emote happen to everybody? not just people who finished WGS

Naaxi.png

It was supposed to be out this week. <_<

That's not true. All jagex has said is that all will be revieled in due time.

Also, didn't a J mod also say that it was NOT an earthquake? I seem to remember reasing that somewhere but that could just be my mind messing with me.

ohnoesim.png

YOU WIN THE INTERNET! =]

Considered this possibility, but why did the emote happen to everybody? not just people who finished WGS

Could just be something to make the entire event seem more epic to everyone. Something so massive, that it would be ruined if you only seen a few people here and there doing the emote. Jagex could have really wanted to hit the ball on this one. Seeing that they're acknowledging fan sites and the community more, and how people talk they may have figured "what the hell, every one's going to know about it anyway".

Could also be a new way of jagex to be thinking. They may be trying to make the story lines appear to be moving forward with everyone, as if they're all part of the world you're in. This also makes sense seeing that lately, jagex has really been changing the way that they've been doing things.

The code to make it only hit a select few could have been broken, and so we all got it when it got triggered. They're just keeping quiet about it.

With this being done in ftp as well, it could be linked to the new skill. Jagex did say the new skill will be like nothing that has ever been done before. So some strange world event like this could fit it perfectly. It's just that since the skill will be so diferent, it's probably going to be impossible for us to know until the skill comes out. Maybe every thing you do with the new skill effects every thing else at the same time?

I'm still leaning with it either being a hint for f2p\ftp -> fairy tales part #, or jagex trying to make the event look extremely epic for those who'll be able to do the quest. Something of a 'treat' for those who are so dedicated to the game. They'll be able to live the storyline with better immersion than every one else.

cheezysigtipit.png

High-alching that REALLY expensive item in my inventory looks more and more tempting with every beer I drink.

ohnoesim.png

I'm pretty sure it means that they're going make the people of runescape quake with fear, rather than make the earth quake.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

I was at ba when that happened. Thought it was just cuz my team beat all of the penances before the queen. Didn't know it happened all over the rs world! :ohnoes:

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48

looks like it was just a Strykewyrm.

BTW.

the picture of the g/e. your all blind.

look at the middle guy, hes got full rune on and a dmed , thats the back of the helm not a face.

also note the guy with the arhims staff at the top.

or the guy holding flowers in the middle.

or the guy in green dragonhide towards the east.

Looking at the picture a few pages back that showed where people were people were pointing, it included the the castle with the dragonkin symbol.It might be a small link but i found this while going through some old screenshots, the make the world quake parts what grabbed by eye.ohnoesim.png

The thing is, as said countless times before, it wasn't an earthquake. Nothing shook, people just floated in the air surrounded by red mist. While it could still be Dragonkin related, the strykeworm theory makes no sense at all.

You can only keep someone in suspense for so long before they lose interest.

Except Chuck Norris... Suspense keeps interest in Chuck Norris. Never know when he'll roundhouse kick the [cabbage] out of it... Maybe that's the new update. Roundhouse kicking. Fits in with the strange power because everyone was facing the wilderness when it happened, and everyone knows the wilderness was destroyed because the Runescape Gods were pissing off Chuck Norris, who then proceeded to roundhouse kick them in the face. Now they don't have faces.

I'm a genius.

guido_49.png

Except Chuck Norris... Suspense keeps interest in Chuck Norris. Never know when he'll roundhouse kick the [cabbage] out of it... Maybe that's the new update. Roundhouse kicking. Fits in with the strange power because everyone was facing the wilderness when it happened, and everyone knows the wilderness was destroyed because the Runescape Gods were pissing off Chuck Norris, who then proceeded to roundhouse kick them in the face. Now they don't have faces.

I'm a genius.

No, stop. Stop now.

cliffside1ra5.png

I'm a genius.

No, stop. Stop now.

You make The Guido sad... :(

OT so I don't get wtfpwned by Mods:

Jagex needs to release this update omfg... At first I thought it was Rune Mysteries, lol, then I was like no wai. Jagex wouldn't tease us that badly, would they...?

guido_49.png

No.... I don't think they would.

While I'm sure I wasn't in game for the event, this has to be following the Dragonkin etc storyline..... remember capturing red mist to pass doorways? Remember the earth-moving events at the end of Temple of Sennisten?

I'm pretty sure Jagex had a lot of the content well into development when they released the first of it last year, just look at how quickly follow-up quests have come in in comparrison to some of the quest series.

Looking at the picture a few pages back that showed where people were people were pointing, it included the the castle with the dragonkin symbol.It might be a small link but i found this while going through some old screenshots, the make the world quake parts what grabbed by eye.ohnoesim.png

The thing is, as said countless times before, it wasn't an earthquake. Nothing shook, people just floated in the air surrounded by red mist. While it could still be Dragonkin related, the strykeworm theory makes no sense at all.

I beg to differ. My recollection was that the earth shook, there was a rumbling noise and everyone was leveitated into a 'Jump For Joy' like emote with a red mist underneath. Don't misunderstand me, i'm not saying earthquake, but I definately remember the screen shaking. (And it wasn't me farting either :blink: )

I personally think that interest has now waned due to the delay and non-repeat of the event. About as interesting currently as a dragon plate.

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

I personally think that interest has now waned due to the delay and non-repeat of the event. About as interesting currently as a dragon plate.

Agreed. I think they did it too early, unless they have a follow-up event that's similar. Yesterday's Q&A suggests that they want to do more of these kinds of things.

"All that is gold does not glitter..."