Strange power

viralaether

[hide]

Off-topic here but I Wonder if the Stone of Jas ever belonged to anybody, was there a god or goddess called Jas? we know that the stone was around before Guthix set foot in Gielnor, before that is written lore in RuneScape pretty much none-existant? imagine if there's a big fight going on before the ritual between Zaros, Zamorak, Saradomin & the other Mahjarrat, Guthix has awoken and decides to fight, and then enters Jas who turns out to be more powerful than all of them :P

yeah jas is like an elder god or something that created the stone, way before guthix.

"I've seen a vision by touching the strange orb. It has communicated to me that it is 'The Stone of Jas', owned by Jas, and protected by creatures he has enslaved for the purpose - the Dragonkin. One of the first of the Fremennik tribe touched the Stone and it changed them drastically...this is how they became Lunar mages."

there's ties with the dragonkin and probably frensakae (or however it's spelled.) but i reckon jas is a dead god and that is why the dragonkin appear to be rogue.

[runewiki]

[/hide]

I edited my post my theory is that it's the Oracle personally :P that'd be awesome though a return of Jas too.

yeah he's obviously a powerful figure having created the stone and enslaved the dragonkin, but as i said if he's still around he's either in hiding (yeah maybe a character like the oracle) or departed from gielnor.

would definately be nice to see him again, any quest related to him would probably involve rounding up the dragonkin and stuff so yeah.

Maybe Jas can only unlock the true power of the Stone of Jas and currently it's only working at a very low percent :P

this is hilarious because JAS is an acronym for java application server which is basically what the game runs on (probably not a naming coincidence there) and for players to use the upgraded stone (stats above 255) would require an upgrade to the JAS - because the maximum usable value is currently 255 (or was, but i think they've got past it now with rt5 - see the corp, nomad's hp)

funny!

Weapons could also do a percentage of the monsters hp (such as ruby bolts) so you can still hit harder.. say if they made a weapon like a Thors hammer which is the Staff of Armadyl in RuneScape that could weaken the monster futher or just increase damage by a range of 20-100 lets say.. also I kind of meant for Jas to use not our players, so Jagex could make a cutscene with it hitting a tonne not necessarily having 255 stats, I'm not sure if it can go past 255 though, I heard that whilst reading up on lores etc a while ago, but I'm not sure on full capabilities of java.

Actually, there's no such thing as an unsigned byte in Java. An unsigned byte could have a range of 0 to 255 (a total of 256 values), but such a data type doesn't exist in Java. The closest thing in Java is a signed byte which ranges from -128 to 127 (again, a total of 256 values). Theoretically, they could use that to store values and display the output on-screen as a signed short (-32768 to 32767, or a total of 65535 values), but this seems redundant to me considering levels are in fact stored based on experience points (which are apparently stored as longs, which are practically "limitless" (at least within the scope of making a game)). I think the whole "limit" of 255, at least since their engine updates (and the corp existed prior to RuneTek5, so it could have been changed in an earlier version of RuneTek), is just a farce. They obviously didn't want to go into four-digit numbers, and 100 would be too low, whilst 999 would be far too high. So I think they just chose 255 because it looks like a nice number to go with, especially for someone with a background in programming :P

However, it is a good observation that JAS is a Java-related acronym, as that does seem like something Jagex would do :thumbup:

skillgoal99fakingunderb.png

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think more than a higher max hit weapon, we'd enjoy a higher min hit weapon.

As seen with the ferocious ring, it totally pwns.

If say BAxes always hit at the least 1/4th of their max hit, we might see people going for the dragon axe over the whip.

If say BAxes always hit at the least 1/4th of their max hit, we might see people going for the dragon axe over the whip.

Do you mean that the battleaxe will never miss or behave like ferocious ring?

Do you mean that the battle-axe will never miss or behave like ferocious ring?

I think she means more like the dark-bow special, but without the 100% accuracy.

Normally when a weapon rolls the dice(like a whip) it will roll any number from 0 to your max hit.

This type of weapon (if it hits) would always roll 10 to your max hit. So you are guaranteed at least a 10 every time you don't miss.

It certainly would add an interesting aspect to the game, as weapons would no longer rely only on weapon speed, but also the minimum damage they put out. This weapon type also doesn't overpower weapons in terms of massive wtfko ability.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Idk tbh, there was an earthquake... could it be a new area as in land for the new skill or zaros... It could be Sailing :D

#-o

Gotta say thank you for the best LOL of my day.

Uhh...

Zaros.

Lucien.

Mother Mallum. <- Best bet, since it's both unexpected and hinted at since the Witchhaven villagers' speech changed, and that one mod said "Acolyte". Really looking forward to +6 +12 +9 prayer bonuses!

2dgucz6.png

Idk tbh, there was an earthquake... could it be a new area as in land for the new skill or zaros... It could be Sailing :D

#-o

Uhh...

Zaros.

Lucien.

Mother Mallum. <- Best bet, since it's both unexpected and hinted at since the Witchhaven villagers' speech changed, and that one mod said "Acolyte". Really looking forward to +6 +12 +9 prayer bonuses!

Acolyte Until = I can't tell you.

I'm just saying, and i'm not deleting Sea Slugs from the possibilities. No-one has come up with a better anagram.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

#-o

Uhh...

Zaros.

Lucien.

Acolyte Until = I can't tell you.

I'm just saying, and i'm not deleting Sea Slugs from the possibilities. No-one has come up with a better anagram.

UGH, for the hundreth time, it isn't the anagram that's making people think it's a sea slug quest, but his choice of words for the anagram.

You know if the bloom/glow graphic update is released, it would be excellent if some weapons/armor/eye? can be enchanted so it can glow. Imagine glowing godswords....killing stuff while looking sexy.

You mean killing stuff with lightsabers?

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...

Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008

29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

You know if the bloom/glow graphic update is released, it would be excellent if some weapons/armor/eye? can be enchanted so it can glow. Imagine glowing godswords....killing stuff while looking sexy.

omg new skill is starwars! ;O

or sailing... and surfing as part of it. sunami+surfing must be good X)

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

I think the key to it all is that intriguing phrase, "Acolyte until."

I ran it through my anagramaticon, and I believe I have some very enlightening results to share with you, arranged by increasing order of likelihood.

1. I telly a count

The strange power was unleashed when Mod Mark, exploring the Underworld beta in preparation for the new skill (Shamanics), cast TeleOther Camelot on Count Draynor.

2. I call you tent

As Nomad dies yet once more, an intense wave of wistfulness for the simple abode he will never again see Wells up within him, spilling out with his dying word to shake every Citizen of Gielinor.

3. Into a lye cult

The strange power was but the first of a series of mass initiations into the Coven of Color, run by the witches in Draynor and Rimmington.

4. Icy toll, a tune

This one's got to be it. This refers to the frozen door in the God Wars Dungeon, as well as the new skill: Music. Why else were musicians introduced all over the place? Huh? You'll need a certain degree of musical skill to 'play' open the door, and the bosses within will all have instruments. It'll be like a Battle of the Bands, but for your very life!

Hope I've cut through all the callow speculation with my well-grounded and fact-based prognostication.

You're welcome.

ya11a.png

I think the key to it all is that intriguing phrase, "Acolyte until."

I ran it through my anagramaticon, and I believe I have some very enlightening results to share with you, arranged by increasing order of likelihood.

1. I telly a count

The strange power was unleashed when Mod Mark, exploring the Underworld beta in preparation for the new skill (Shamanics), cast TeleOther Camelot on Count Draynor.

2. I call you tent

As Nomad dies yet once more, an intense wave of wistfulness for the simple abode he will never again see Wells up within him, spilling out with his dying word to shake every Citizen of Gielinor.

3. Into a lye cult

The strange power was but the first of a series of mass initiations into the Coven of Color, run by the witches in Draynor and Rimmington.

4. Icy toll, a tune

This one's got to be it. This refers to the frozen door in the God Wars Dungeon, as well as the new skill: Music. Why else were musicians introduced all over the place? Huh? You'll need a certain degree of musical skill to 'play' open the door, and the bosses within will all have instruments. It'll be like a Battle of the Bands, but for your very life!

Hope I've cut through all the callow speculation with my well-grounded and fact-based prognostication.

You're welcome.

=D>

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

In movies you can. :P

Also, I dare anyone saying its an earthquake to find and show me a video of someone experiencing an earthquake when the strange power happened.

Don't you guys think it's weird that after a massive hint, there's a no update week? I speculate something big..

The update was planned for this week, but due to difficulties with the game engine it is postponed to next week.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Don't you guys think it's weird that after a massive hint, there's a no update week? I speculate something big..

The update was planned for this week, but due to difficulties with the game engine it is postponed to next week.

They said something didn't work on HD in vista; major graphics update coming; -->> fairy tale 3?

Well technically bloom, particle and skybox are all in-game right now.

They jsut havent utilised them all yet.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They said something didn't work on HD in vista; major graphics update coming; -->> fairy tale 3?

probably vista just sucking

It will be interesting to see how this all unfolds ^.^

My Walkthrough and Game Guide

http://forum.tip.it/topic/11294-advertise-your-thing-here-all-posted-elsewhere-removed/page__view__findpost__p__4761261

My Youtube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/USDMcat

Latest Announcement:

3-11-11: Both Episodes 1 and 2 of my Borderlands Walkthrough have been uploaded in HD!

I may be looking too hard, but there has to be a reason why free to play got this as well. Not much points to there being a new skill, so if they update would be for free to play as well, it would have to be something that we don't know about yet. But the way the seers say something new, and how practically every other possibility we know about points to members. really tells me this update is going to be for members. I believe free to play didn't get this event as a way to tell us it's also a free to play update, but as a hint instead. Both "Free to play" and "Fairy Tales Part 3" share the same acronym "FTP". Mind you, the quest has a 3 at the end. Though the bigger part of the quest name "Fairy Tales Part" is shared between both current quest. As I said, I'm probably just looking too hard. But it does explain a few conflicting issues.

cheezysigtipit.png

High-alching that REALLY expensive item in my inventory looks more and more tempting with every beer I drink.

I still find it funny how a hint that revealed nearly no new information has made a 34 page topic. We'll just have to wait a week to see what's going to happen. Probably has nothing to do with the Strange Power though, might be a update few weeks later.

I personally think Jagex will do something totally the opposite to everything suggested. I think they have thrown a curveball. I can image something like 'remember the strange power a few weeks ago? well it was really those darned penguins collecting flowers near Varrock!'

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^