Battlefield Discussion Thread

PoorLepRecon

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

http://www.gamespot....any2/forum.html

http://forums.xbox.c.../ShowForum.aspx

They arn't perfect, but they are places to discuss the game.

Yea, I appreciate it, but those forums are similar to the RSOF in quality. :P

And the majority of them are complaining about Recon being a useless class. And I'm like wow, really, learn to play objective work as a Recon. It only takes one scope for every eight players in a game to change the direction of the game. I am disappointed in how people think of any of these classes being useless/no purpose.

http://www.gamespot....any2/forum.html

http://forums.xbox.c.../ShowForum.aspx

They arn't perfect, but they are places to discuss the game.

Yea, I appreciate it, but those forums are similar to the RSOF in quality. :P

And the majority of them are complaining about Recon being a useless class. And I'm like wow, really, learn to play objective work as a Recon. It only takes one scope for every eight players in a game to change the direction of the game. I am disappointed in how people think of any of these classes being useless/no purpose.

I check them every so often. Occasionally a few good threads pop up. I find this thread to be better than both of those forums tbh.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

For some random reason I got put on a server with level 35s - 40s, and I was just amazed at how almost everyone was a medic using the M60, with a few Engineers floating around. And then I couldn't switch my class because I was being revived far too much. Lol.

@Kcd: Tip.It threads outweigh entire forums in quality to be honest.

The M60 is an incredibly stupid gun. Too many medics think they're good because they can hold mouse 1 down and spam it for kills.

Really medics annoy me though, I don't think their LMG's should be like they are currently.

The M60 is an incredibly stupid gun. Too many medics think they're good because they can hold mouse 1 down and spam it for kills.

Really medics annoy me though, I don't think their LMG's should be like they are currently.

They should have much more spread at longer distances, and the damage should be reduced significantly past 35 metres. Also if they have them out, they should not be able to freaking sprint as fast as they can or jump as annoyingly as they can with them. Rage.

Topic about the M60:

http://forum.ea.com/...ist/466070.page

They should have much more spread at longer distances, and the damage should be reduced significantly past 35 metres. Also if they have them out, they should not be able to freaking sprint as fast as they can or jump as annoyingly as they can with them. Rage.

Topic about the M60:

http://forum.ea.com/...ist/466070.page

Agreed 100%. Everything else feels fine and balanced in the game but the M60 (and a couple of other LMG's) feel really overpowered.

Does anyone know any good fansites dedicated to BC2 or Battlefield games in general? Can't seem to find any on Google, nor are people apparently knowledgeable in-game. :/

It might be worth checking out the IGN boards too.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I finally got used to sniping long range. Got 4 head shots with my M95 today in a game of rush. Also my favorite sniper is now the VSS Snaiperskaya. it so much fun to put a red dot sight on it and use it on white pass. Im sure some people were pissed at me today with it :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Just got my first platinum star (1000 kills with the SVU sniper rifle, almost all of them with the 4x scope using it as a battle rifle). Really disappointed that the platinum star looks worse than the gold one..   :unsure:

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

Whoa whoa whoa whoa.... platinum stars are 1k kills?!?!?!!!? Holy [bleep]! And that pin says get TWO of them? For only 10,000 XP!@!@!@@@@@@@?

[hide=FFFFFFFF]Fbomb.png[/hide]

I'll never get this done...

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Whoa whoa whoa whoa.... platinum stars are 1k kills?!?!?!!!? Holy [bleep]! And that pin says get TWO of them? For only 10,000 XP!@!@!@@@@@@@?

[hide=FFFFFFFF]Fbomb.png[/hide]

I'll never get this done...

1,000 kills is 50,000 points. I hope DICE increases it to 50,000 points or more, because even with all that xp, is takes a while to do that.

vizardsig-1.png

Been mixing up which classes im using, where i'd normally snipe i'd go medic for example. Only class im not too great with is the assault class. Had a brilliant game where i was driving the Bradley light tank in support of my squad and we absolutely dominated. I killed a crap load of enemies trying to protect point C on conquest on the White pass map. They ended up blowing up my tank, i spawned on my squad as medic with the PKM and hid in the collapsed remains of one of the buildings and mowed down like 3 full squads of enemies once the recon guy had spotted them. Feels good when team work really pays off. Dammit i love this game.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Wait, so the plat alone is 1000 kills or are you tallying up all the golds?

No idea what you meant regarding tallying up the golds, but you will receive a platinum star once you've reached a total of 1000 kills with any primary (I believe pistols behave differently) weapon.

So...

0-24 - Blank

25-49 - Bronze

50-99 Silver

100-199 - Gold

200-299- Gold 2

ETC

900-999 Gold 9

1000+ Platinum

Stats are here for those wondering what the platinum star looks like (on the SVU Short).

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

Scopes who camp way too far back are annoying in that they're not being as helpful as they could be for the objective. It isn't that hard to quickscope with the GOL or even the M95 and then quickswitch to a pistol. And if you don't spam your grenade on each spawn, you'll be able to come out on top with relative ease majority of the time, when you play aggressive CQ with Recon. The motion detectors are amazingly useful if you throw them at an objective that is currently 'active'. Mortar Spamming is bad, but it is useful for objectives as well.

It is just highly irritating to see Recon players sitting really far back and their score is 1/4 and have less than 200 points. They would be more useful using their pistols at the objectives instead of sitting so far back. Some people need to learn to aim for the head while quickscoping.

Like mad.

Agreed. Really the thing with Recon is you have to be really good at quick scoping in general. I've generally been a "decent" sniper in other games but in BC2 I stick to assault. The reason why is that I find I can kill people with my rifle at pretty much any range just fine, and probably faster/easier than scoping it.

I'm going to say that my favorite rifle by far is the AN-94. It can do some ridiculous damage.

I stay semi-far back when sniping, just far enough to be able to watch objectives. I use mortars when I know there is a person I can't see at a location, and I rarely ever use those mines, since they seem pointless to me since I play hardcore mostly.... actually, I have yet to play a normal game...

I love to fly helicopters. End up in the top 5 with 0 kills and maybe 1-2 deaths. Very fun :thumbup:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!