What do you do to relax ?

i_love_burritos

Does anybody else do the thing when they just get home, from a fairly stressful or busy day, going into your bedroom, standing right infront of your bed. Then just fall onto the bed and stay where you land for a minute or two, then just get up and carry on with whatever needs to be done.

Hahah yes! :D Sometimes it takes quite a bit of effort to get up.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going on the internet isn't relaxation for me, it's just a way to pass the time and a distraction from real life.

I have a sort of period of relaxation going to and from college. It's a 20 minute walk and I just listen to my iPod there and back. It can help to boost my mood or relax me a bit.

When I get in I come straight on the computer, but before I go to bed I'll watch and episode of something I have on DVD or Video. I usually either play through the 4 House seasons I have, or diversify into my Star Trek and a couple of other random bits I have on DVD.

I tend to not read to relax, I read more just because I like reading and I want to read a book. I'll power through a new book in a day or two then maybe read it again in a few months time.

When I really really need to relax I'll lie on my bed and listen to my iPod - often in the dark because the only time I really relax properly is when I have a headache so I can't focus on the computer any more.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I relax all day and then rush through some work late at night, and then sleep.

For relaxation, I basically do whatever I feel like doing. It is quite relaxing to do nothing at all and just waste time after dealing with all sorts of schedules and stuff.

Whatever I want could be anything from reading a book (current books in progress are It, Sherlock Holmes Volume 1, The Essential Tales of Edgar Allen Poe, and a collection of the works of Robert Louis Stevenson) to watching random junk on Hulu, or browsing tip.it/playing RS.

And when that gets boring, I try to get the old PS2 to work.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

My girlfriend and I went to a spa and it was pretty neat. I wasn't the only guy there. I think I was one of maybe two heterosexual guys though.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Does anybody else do the thing when they just get home, from a fairly stressful or busy day, going into your bedroom, standing right infront of your bed. Then just fall onto the bed and stay where you land for a minute or two, then just get up and carry on with whatever needs to be done.

I do this all time. It's even better when you jump up onto your bed, and then permitting they are close, sit there and listen to your iPod.

Going on the internet isn't relaxation for me, it's just a way to pass the time and a distraction from real life.

I agree, the internet doesn't really relax me. If anything it hypes me up because I am staring at a screen.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

My girlfriend and I went to a spa and it was pretty neat. I wasn't the only guy there. I think I was one of maybe two heterosexual guys though.

Sig'd.

ojdv.jpg

Browsing internet forums and sites is my way. Other than that, nothing really.

I do plan on riding my bike on a daily basis once this rain goes away; that could be another possibility.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I've taken recently to entering the edges of the treeline of the woods that follow line the road and lay near the guardrail, somewhat hidden, and just watch. It's mostly cars, but sometimes people walk by, some even close enough that either they somehow didn't see me or they just pretended they didn't. It probably helps that I'm in a sort of depression that people don't walk through or really look at, gives me that angle. I need to buy a ghillie suit. It's fairly relaxing.

That, or I play some xbox or bass. One of three. I should try them all at once...

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Lay in my bed drinking something nice, talking to my girlfriend and listening to music.

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

I did when I had a real bed. But now my bed doubles as a couch as it is a futon. It's comfy to sleep on but I'd probably break it if I fell on it like that.

Browsing the web/forums.

If I'm actually stressed out that's what I'll do at least. Maybe play a game but sometimes I find that I'm just too annoyed/stressed to bother and I'd rather not think for a while.

haha, yes. :thumbsup:

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Yeah... but as soon as I touch the bed my arms and legs turn to lead.

I usually just do what I mentioned before - take a cold shower and if I stay in that too long, I force myself out by making it colder. lol. Always works. :thumbup:

I have an ice bath, then get a massage with hot stones and sit in the sauna for a while.

Speaking of baths...

Warm baths are ridiculously relaxing. It's odd though, my body feels completely relaxed but my mind goes into like hyperdrive. I start thinking like 100 thoughts a second. That's why I do all my best thinking in the bath! :thumbsup:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I have an ice bath, then get a massage with hot stones and sit in the sauna for a while.

Speaking of baths...

Warm baths are ridiculously relaxing. It's odd though, my body feels completely relaxed but my mind goes into like hyperdrive. I start thinking like 100 thoughts a second. That's why I do all my best thinking in the bath! :thumbsup:

You are so right! I've literaly sat in the bathtub for hours, just dozing and thinking. It's even better now since I waterproofed my iPod!

Indie_Kids.png

"Don't push me; what's the hurry?" - Imogen Heap

Sit down at a computer and sing along with iTunes while looking around for random info on teh intrawebs, lol. Sounds gay, but it isn't... well, kind of... 4chan usually does the trick. Random tards posting random [cabbage] = stress free.

I'll also just sit down in my backyard or on a couch and think about random stuff...

guido_49.png