**New Quest - Rune Mechanics**

Orc

Updated with official release notes:

12899652.jpg66341135.jpg

01-Feb-2010 - Rune Mechanics

Apprentice Clerval at the Mage Training Arena is utterly useless at magic...and pretty much everything else. He needs your help in getting his head around Rune Mechanics, our latest novice quest. In particular, he’s trying to build a rune guardian from scratch, something that hasn’t been done for generations.

Rune Mechanics carries on for the Rune Mysteries quest, teaching those who have just learnt the basics of Runecrafting a bit more about the skill (namely, how to craft combination runes). Those adventurers who help Clerval may well find themselves with a brand-spanking new rune guardian pet on their hands.

Certainly, the rune guardians that already roam the halls of the Mage Training Arena would be happy to introduce those unfamiliar with the place to the various Magic training challengers on offer. With enough training, any mage will one day be able to wield a master wand, sport some fancy infinity robes and turn bones into juicy peaches (should they want to). Well, any mage but Clerval...

Mod Nancy

RuneScape Content Developer

Summary:

Where to start Rune Mechanics:

Speak to Apprentice Clerval in the basement of the Mage Training Arena.

Requirements to complete Rune Mechanics:

Rune Mysteries

Wolf Whistle

27 Magic

25 Construction

20 Runecrafting

In other news...

Based on your feedback, we've changed the stats on the Penance armours from Barbarian Assault. Check out this Knowledge Base page for more details on these items.

We’ve added a second trident to Barbarian Assault's rewards. The original trident remains unchanged, but can now be upgraded to a master trident for free. The master trident has an Attack level requirement of 70 due to its increased melee combat stats (in addition to the Magic level requirement of 70 it shares with the original trident).

We’ve updated the Adventurer’s log to contain a larger selection of NPCs including, but not limited to, the KBD, the Penanace and Kalphite Queens, and the Corporeal Beast. A log will be created any time you defeat these creatures. Additionally, instead of spamming your log with “I’ve killed a creature” for every one that you defeat, it will now attempt to group these together in one message.

We've added a feature to allow you to more easily reply to the last private message you received: just hit the ‘TAB’ key on your keyboard!

We've changed the gnome restaurant and associated shops in a few ways. Firstly, if you complete a delivery task, the food and cocktail ingredients shops will be restocked. Secondly, we've adjusted the rewards for the deliveries, so you're more likely to get better items such as mint cakes or seed pods.

All types of spirit shield have now been properly textured and should match the recently updated inventory icons.

You may have noticed that cannons were not always hitting the enemy they were aiming at. The targeting code has been improved and should have more consistent behaviour in all directions.

A more detailed explanation of how the ring of wealth works has been added to the this page in the Game Guide.[/Quote]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01-Feb-2010 - Trading With Friends

How much wealth you are able to trade with your friends has been made more generous. Exactly how much depends on how long you’ve been friends (i.e. how long you've been on each other's Friends Lists).

If you’ve been friends for at least one month, your trade limit will be doubled; for two months your limit is tripled; and for three months your limit is quadrupled!

As before, when trading, you will continue to be limited by whomsoever has the lower trade limit, but remember that you are able to increase your trade limit by earning Quest Points.

Mod Hope

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01-Feb-2010 - Chance of Double Law, Death and Blood Runes

Based on player feedback to last November’s Runecrafting update, we’ve extended the ability of double-crafting runes to include law, death and blood runes. As the Runecrafting level to guarantee double-crafting of these runes would lie much higher than level 99 (following the pattern established in the rest of the skill), you will only have a chance of doing so, with that chance increasing the closer your Runecrafting level gets to 99.

The ability to double-craft law, death and blood runes now means that it is possible to receive more than one of each type of rune from a single essence. The greater chance, at higher Runecrafting levels, of crafting two law, death or blood runes per essence should provide more incentive to train the skill through the last few levels.

Mod Nancy

01-Feb-2010 - Machinima Tool – The Orb of Oculus

As discussed in the recent blog, the Orb of Oculus is a new item, available to all players from Faruq in Al Kharid, which should help budding RuneScape filmmakers to more easily set up shots for their videos. Held in the hands, it gives you more control over the in-game camera, allowing you (or a friend) to act as a cameraman and set up shots for you to then capture with your preferred video capture software.

The hope is that it will make things easier for any players who enjoy making RuneScape videos, and encourage a wider number of players to enter our imminent machinima competition. So, if you’ve ever wanted to make a video of someone taking on the KBD with a bronze dagger (or joke about what you might do should you ever meet Jagex’s CEO...), then the Orb of Oculus should help you to realise your vision.

Although the orb’s primary function is to help make things a bit easier for budding filmmakers, we also fully expect it to be put to other, equally inventive uses, much like Faruq’s other 'emergent gameplay' tools for games.

Mod Fnord

Runescape Patch Notes

[hide]The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

* Swapped the model for a grille in a dungeon to better fit in with its surroundings.

* Improved the squeezing through trees animations in Isafdar.

* Silverlight’s model in the POH display case has been updated to reflect the new version.

* The teacup should no longer float when you're drinking tea from one.

* Adjusted some of the lighting in Falador so the walls don't look yellow.

* Fixed a leaky roof in the Duel Arena.

* Small scarabs have been given a death animation again.

* Added some blocking in the Underground Pass.

Audio

* The bullroarer sound is no longer area based.

* Ensured the "Fight of the Dwarves" music track is unlocked as necessary.

Quests

* Added a check to the Cook's Assistant quest if you're at the Lumbridge mill when given hints.

* The Vampire Slayer quest journal should now check for the correct hammer.

* Quick Chat has been updated to include the curses unlocked from the Temple of Senntisten quest.

* You can now talk to Ali the Wise about some of the items you received during the Curse of Arrav quest.

Minigames

* Corrected the checks in the Barbarian Assault waiting rooms and lobby area.

* Rotated the hoppers in Barbarian Assault to face the correct way.

* Improved the Barbarian Assault interfaces to better deal with any players leaving unexpectedly.

* You can no longer perform emotes in the Barbarian Assault waiting area.

Miscellaneous

* Fixed the problem with the Soul Wars cape and who could obtain it from a POH.

* Correct a few typos including keys in the Path of Glouphrie quest and Barbarian Assault interfaces.

* Un-squashed the tooltips when speaking to Thormac about enchanting battlestaves.

* Rewrote some of the Oo'glog spa pool code to better handle some situations.

* A handful of items (namely arrows and bolts) have had their names adjusted for consistency.

* Fixed a problem if you managed to teleport out of Port Phasmatys wearing a bedsheet.

* Changed the description of limes, oranges and lemons to something more suitable.

* Added a message to give a bit more information about which ring you took from a bird's nest.

* Removed duplicate options on a random event interface.

* The king's messenger will no longer appear in certain minigames and other areas.

* Adjusted the behaviour of the Penance Horn if you were resting.

* Using the wrong items on a pitfall trap now triggers a message.

* Familiars are no longer allowed in building mode in your POH. [/hide]

Thanks to the mod who edited the title, I only just realised i could do it myself using full editor >_<

Orc.png

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just resubbed hoping for a new skill and noticed that in my adventurer's log when i was seeing what quests i had to do.

Ah wells, shall still be fun having two quests to do today! And i hear nomad's is a tricky one.

I'm trying to buy pure essence, can't buy it for max already :(

Orc.png

It's not related to the new skill as the quest is members so says the URL. This could well take us to the 300 QP mark though so if it does it will hopefully be an awesome quest :grin:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

And with 300 qp maybe a bigger trade limit? :pray: :pray:

MMG did say that was being implemented 'soon'. I always take 'soon' with a pinch of salt, but it look's as though he might have meant it for once!

Orc.png

woot a new quest yeah :thumbsup:

Ps:can this be the quest for the new skill

No because it's a members quest according to the URL.

JagEx have removed the RSOF discussion topic so I guess they might have made a mistake there :razz:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Question is if this update is today or tomorrow :\

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Heh, the RSOF threads about this were swiftly destroyed. :rolleyes:

Why do they do that though?

They probably don't want spoilers until they release their update in a little while.

I'm guessing content developers feel that way about their work and don't want to spoil the surprise or get criticism before it's actually released.

EDIT: This is last week's update, which they had to delay. They usually release delayed updates on the following Monday.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Heh, the RSOF threads about this were swiftly destroyed. :rolleyes:

Why do they do that though?

They probably don't want spoilers until they release their update in a little while.

I'm guessing content developers feel that way about their work and don't want to spoil the surprise or get criticism before it's actually released.

EDIT: This is last week's update, which they had to delay. They usually release delayed updates on the following Monday.

But isn't that kind of still abusing the mod powers? Since they done nothing wrong.

howlin1eeveesig.png