08-Feb-10 - Musical Update & Strykewyrms

Toad

Love the update, hate the fire cape requirement.

Wewt new slayer monsters (im going to buy the staff while its cheap, its either going to skyrock or crash but im willing to take the risk...)

Also i think the fire cape thing is fair. Slayer is a skill of using specific items or skills to kill a monster (argueably dragons should have a slayer lvl to kill them but this is another topic entirely) so it is reasonable that the legendary fire cape would be required. Sorry to the people who got shafted by not having good connections, but your complaining is like saying bandos should be nerfed because i can lag and die during it

My problem with the fire cape as a slayer items is the fact that all other slayer specific items are available from either slayer masters or buyable through the GE (or both) whereas this requires a good internet connection (not a problem for me, but is for many) and 1-2 hours of time devoted to getting what I consider a useless item.

Neltak.png

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wewt new slayer monsters (im going to buy the staff while its cheap, its either going to skyrock or crash but im willing to take the risk...)

Also i think the fire cape thing is fair. Slayer is a skill of using specific items or skills to kill a monster (argueably dragons should have a slayer lvl to kill them but this is another topic entirely) so it is reasonable that the legendary fire cape would be required. Sorry to the people who got shafted by not having good connections, but your complaining is like saying bandos should be nerfed because i can lag and die during it

My problem with the fire cape as a slayer items is the fact that all other slayer specific items are available from either slayer masters or buyable through the GE (or both) whereas this requires a good internet connection (not a problem for me, but is for many) and 1-2 hours of time devoted to getting what I consider a useless item.

True, other items are avaliable from masters. But this is currently the highest slayer monster in the game, it could very well be that Jagex has similar plans for future monsters.

The RSOF is in uproar about the fire cape requirement. I really don't understand that at all.

I REALLY hope they don't change it.

I feel the same way. I'll be pretty angry if they do. I don't understand why anyone with level 93 slayer or higher wouldn't already have a fire cape.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

The only reason I don't have a huge problem with the fire cape requirement is because it was becoming some what useless for most things.

Yes! I needed an incentive to continue slaying and this is a great one :thumbsup:

2 more levels till the ice wyrms.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

The RSOF is in uproar about the fire cape requirement. I really don't understand that at all.

It is probably a lot of the melee noobs or rune pures who don't think they can get it because they have low stats. I have done it with 65 range, 40 def before though. It really isnt about your levels too much, just your strategy. I hope they don't get rid of this requirement though, anyone with 93 slayer should easily have the stats and money to get the cape.

It is probably a lot of the melee noobs or rune pures who don't think they can get it because they have low stats. I have done it with 65 range, 40 def before though. It really isnt about your levels too much, just your strategy. I hope they don't get rid of this requirement though, anyone with 93 slayer should easily have the stats and money to get the cape.

they were proabaly lazy noobs again, and misread that you need fire cape for all of them....

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Desert Ones

Super Defence (2)

Coins (200, 3891, 4188, 2189)

Rune Hatchet

uncut sapphire + herb

120 pure essence

Water Rune (100)

Poison Ivy Seed

Crimson Charm (1)

Potato Cactus (10)

Yew Logs (10)

Cadantine Seed

Law Runes (15)

Green Charm (1)

Gold Charm (1)

Toadlflax (1) Noted)

Waterskin (4) x2

Grimy Tarromin (2) Noted

Grimy Irit (1)

Death Rune (15)

Cactus seed

Focus Sight

Ice

Shark

Crushed Nest (15)

Shark x3

Mithril Battleaxe

Grimy Marentil (3)

Rune Bar (1) Noted

Law Rune (20)

Super Defence (3)

Blood Rune (15)

Pure Essence (200)

WAter Talisman (3)

Magic Logs (5)

Coins (5395)

Rune Square

Stopping now, need to go eat :P

21l2zkj.png

691ef.png

Not me.

Thats actually not that bad, it is probably staff speed but it can dish out some serious melee damage.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

This exactly. I'm not complaining even though I've never tried fight caves because I don't usually play that long at one sitting. But here's the way I'm looking at it -- I'm only 90 slayer now. So I have plenty of time to figure out the fight caves before I even have to worry about being limited by the lack of a fire cape. My guess is that the universe of people who actually have 93 slayer and DON'T have a fire cape is very small indeed. I think this new idea is needed. Without this, the fire cape is rendered almost useless by the soul wars cape. Now the fire cape gets new life, which it needs.

punitivedsig.png

[staff of Light Picture]

Thats actually not that bad, it is probably staff speed but it can dish out some serious melee damage.

But it's a staff. Why in the world did Jagex name it a staff, but make it a sword. It might as well be called Sword of Light.

I suppose Jagex want mages to be able to hit people in range gear while having the 50% reduction.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

[staff of Light Picture]

But it's a staff. Why in the world did Jagex name it a staff, but make it a sword. It might as well be called Sword of Light.

Maybe because it's a staff/sword/awesomething? Because it is a staff, a really epic one that looks like a Sara sword. I'm looking at the stats and going 'oohhhh! If the prices ever go down I want it for castle wars so it can double as a melee weapon when my runes run out. '

Also, spectilation: SS and SoL are related in more than just looks. C'mon, guys, Jagex wouldn't be that lazy...

Right? Right?

XD

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.