3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Haha I flipped to the last page and didn't see what you were responding to, for a second thought this was about Nex armors.
^ Same LOL!

I was about to run to GE and buy some pernix for 100m!

Same >.> Made me epic panic.

Yeah...I paniced and thought "If plate is 116m, wonder what helm is at :wall:"
argh got me too
Whoops :unsure:

I heard that all the Nex items are going up, someone mentioned that Pernix chaps were back to 800M. Is this true?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that all the Nex items are going up, someone mentioned that Pernix chaps were back to 800M. Is this true?

According to the screenshot thread, yes. The Nex'ers here have sold some for 800m+, and Virtus even goes for 600m+ for the skirt/top.

td2sig.jpg

According to the screenshot thread, yes. The Nex'ers here have sold some for 800m+, and Virtus even goes for 600m+ for the skirt/top.

What I got from the nex topic is that virtus is going down. One of them sold top for 700m about a week ago, now one only for 600m. Also, I'm flipping virtus masks, and they seem to be going down a bit too.

What I got from the nex topic is that virtus is going down. One of them sold top for 700m about a week ago, now one only for 600m. Also, I'm flipping virtus masks, and they seem to be going down a bit too.

Oh :L I guess I shouldn't make assumptions. I thought Virtus Tops/Skirts were like 400m before, lol.

td2sig.jpg

Half wine has dropped to around 1B. Contemplating whether or not to buy one, and hold on to it..

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Logged on to find my disk had sold @ 190m, didn't really need the cash so put in a buy offer for 185m which immediately filled. Should have gone lower...

Sell offer back in 190m.

Does anyone know what eggs are going for at the moment?

seph54646lrlr.jpg

Nex drops are going to drop like rocks in price.

Inb4obviousnesswhichrequiresnointellectbuttheposterwishestoexpresshisorheropinionsandtheothertipit.comerspassthisasajunctionoffreespeech.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Anyone have any ideas as to what is up with the whip prices and when they will rise to a decent price to sell? I was fortunate enough to get 2 whips today but i'm not sure whether to sell them now or hold onto them. 1.4m seems a bit too cheap for a whip :-(

2vuhgcn.png

Anyone have any ideas as to what is up with the whip prices and when they will rise to a decent price to sell? I was fortunate enough to get 2 whips today but i'm not sure whether to sell them now or hold onto them. 1.4m seems a bit too cheap for a whip :-(

Considering Chaotic Rapier and +1 pvp is dead, I don't think whips will be nearly as popular as before. (Yes people without chaotics will need them but there's no real way for items such as whips to exit the game anymore. They used to be destroyed if people used them in non+1 worlds but now they'll just get cycled on to someone else.)

Although after the 2x weekend items should have a slight rebound seeing as people who sold gear to train skills will once again need their items back.

EDIT: Looking at the Rune Wiki CTI, the market item prices has been falling drastically. There has been a general downward trend since March 2010 to now from a peak of near 180 to a low of 90 (Item prices has halved in roughly a little under a year). It has only briefly rebounded to 120 since the announcement of the 2x weekend. I remember when PvP Statuettes were first introduced to RS and people began the panic calling of inflation. However, what about a deflation scare? According to economics theory, deflation is much worse than inflation because it will cause a stagnation in the market. i.e. People will begin to hold onto money and refuse to purchase goods (Or in RS terms, items/consumables). This will cause a freeze in the market and a downward spiral to continue to cause the market to deflate.

Tl;dr Does it seem like RS is now entering into a period of deflation and how will it affect item prices? Will Phats act as the "Gold" of RS and rise or do you think people will sell phats to purchase Sigil Shields/Nex armors and that phats will fall?

EDIT: EDIT: Just to put things in perspective. The Rune Wiki CTI has not been this low since April 2009, when PvP was just reintroduced to RS.

120dgl.jpg

However, what about a deflation scare? According to economics theory, deflation is much worse than inflation because it will cause a stagnation in the market. i.e. People will begin to hold onto money and refuse to purchase goods (Or in RS terms, items/consumables). This will cause a freeze in the market and a downward spiral to continue to cause the market to deflate.

There are too many people with too much money capable of too many buyouts for deflation to reach those levels. Once high end goods like spirit shields and nex armor and rares start spiraling, they'll be picked up by speculators and rise again. Meanwhile, alch prices hold the value of most of the low level market up.

Not a likely scenario.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

However, what about a deflation scare? According to economics theory, deflation is much worse than inflation because it will cause a stagnation in the market. i.e. People will begin to hold onto money and refuse to purchase goods (Or in RS terms, items/consumables). This will cause a freeze in the market and a downward spiral to continue to cause the market to deflate.

There are too many people with too much money capable of too many buyouts for deflation to reach those levels. Once high end goods like spirit shields and nex armor and rares start spiraling, they'll be picked up by speculators and rise again. Meanwhile, alch prices hold the value of most of the low level market up.

Not a likely scenario.

However that is only a very small part of the RS market. You have to remember sigil shields and Nex armors as well as party hats are only available to the best of the best in the rs community. For the average player who can only afford bandos/ags with their bank how will this affect them? Even with some of the massive banks out there I am still skeptical if the rich few can overcome the will of the entire money market. i.e. Even if torva plate costs 5bil each, it can not dominate the market if there's only 10 torva plate there while theres 100k 50m ags's circulating the market.

120dgl.jpg

Not a likely scenario.

However that is only a very small part of the RS market. You have to remember sigil shields and Nex armors as well as party hats are only available to the best of the best in the rs community. For the average player who can only afford bandos/ags with their bank how will this affect them? Even with some of the massive banks out there I am still skeptical if the rich few can overcome the will of the entire money market. i.e. Even if torva plate costs 5bil each, it can not dominate the market if there's only 10 torva plate there while theres 100k 50m ags's circulating the market.

Well, economic theory probably wouldn't work too well implemented into RS.

Deflation assumes that everybody wants to hold on to their money, however - RS works differently.

If you make 100k a year, that figure is probably not going to change too much.

However, if you're not very rich in RS - take a break from skilling or training expensive skills and do some things that make money.

RS's supply of gold is in theory unlimited so there's no real scare of a severe deflation all across the boards.

It seems like to me that prices are going down after specific patches/introductions to the game.

Whips start falling because chaotic is so much better.

Torva pieces start falling because Nex has a higher drop rate.

The market economy seems like it has more to do with RS update then the economy of the game.

capt%20kevin.png

Also, whips in particular are being hit from a number of directions at once:

1) Chaotics mean they're being replaced by high-end players.

2) Due to PvP changes very few now exit the game.

3) The supply is increased due to the ashes update, making Abyssals an even more attractive camping option than in the past, since they now all have a 100% drop nearly as valuable as dragon bones.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see whips fall to 500k over time. There may be rebounds as speculators try to re-rise it to prior prices, but when the supply is increasing and the demand is decreasing, there's only so much buyouts can do.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png