3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Has anything been greatly effected from chessy018 being hacked, and all the accounts banned taking out of the game 1000 santas, 36 different party hats, 105 disks, ect

he was a hoarder

why would they take the accounts off the game

they don't ban other people for hacking non famous people

famous people don't get special treatment by jagex

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anything been greatly effected from chessy018 being hacked, and all the accounts banned taking out of the game 1000 santas, 36 different party hats, 105 disks, ect

he was a hoarder

[qfc]250-251-460-62560266[/qfc]

they do now :thumbup:

he was a hoarder

I guarantee you that they do not ban every rs account associated with hacking another account

he was a hoarder

I guarantee you that they do not ban every rs account associated with hacking another account

of course they don't, this one just got some attention so they made a sticky to make it look like they're doing something about it :thumbup:

[hide]

he was a hoarder

of course they don't, this one just got some attention so they made a sticky to make it look like they're doing something about it :thumbup:

[/hide]

And how exactly is that special treatment? It's only putting the victims name to shame for getting hacked in the first place.

I wouldn't want that kind of treatment even if I was famous and had 100b+.

purple: ~875

Yellow: ~1000

Green: ~1120

Red: 1350?

White: 1820?

Blue: ~3b or so

Any reasons for this sudden crash? did the hoarders from the first days of free trade finally sell?

edit: any predictions on how far this crash will go and how long itll last? my estimate is about 2-3 days before it bounces... so im thinking of best time to upgrade.

Any reasons for this sudden crash? did the hoarders from the first days of free trade finally sell?

edit: any predictions on how far this crash will go and how long itll last? my estimate is about 2-3 days before it bounces... so im thinking of best time to upgrade.

The red is even a little lower than this, I think. This "mini-crash" has come after a somewhat more extended downward drift. I'm not quite sure what's going on here. Perhaps this is merely a "consolidation pause." Also, the ge prices of some of these hats have caught up with the street, which sometimes can result in a bit of a crash. Finally, don't forget that right before free trade, many of the lower hats were bought for a fraction of this. Perhaps some who wisely bought at that time are seeing this as a good time to take some profits (and buy some kickin' new armour).

punitivedsig.png

The red is even a little lower than this, I think. This "mini-crash" has come after a somewhat more extended downward drift. I'm not quite sure what's going on here. Perhaps this is merely a "consolidation pause." Also, the ge prices of some of these hats have caught up with the street, which sometimes can result in a bit of a crash. Finally, don't forget that right before free trade, many of the lower hats were bought for a fraction of this. Perhaps some who wisely bought at that time are seeing this as a good time to take some profits (and buy some kickin' new armour).

The GE price has no relevance to the market price. Just because the GE price rises doesn't mean it can manipulate the demand

to suddenly slow down. Red partyhats were once, the most expensive item in the game because of the GE price. But its market

price was still lower than white, blue, and cracker. That's how terribly inaccurate the GE price is. The pre-free trade was merely panic

and the prices were so low because people was very scared to lose money. Now that we adapt this new system of trading,

people came to their senses and realized that this became a great opportunity to buy items cheap. There is no way rares

will go back to where they were before Feb 1st. Everyone just had too much money to spend but ironically, too scared to spend

it. The dip we're experiencing is another cycle we go through whenever merchants feel the need to sell items. Then when

they're cheap, they rise again. It's already happened 2-3 times since FT was introduced. :-w

The GE price has no relevance to the market price. Just because the GE price rises doesn't mean it can manipulate the demand

to suddenly slow down. Red partyhats were once, the most expensive item in the game because of the GE price. But its market

price was still lower than white, blue, and cracker. That's how terribly inaccurate the GE price is. The pre-free trade was merely panic

and the prices were so low because people was very scared to lose money. Now that we adapt this new system of trading,

people came to their senses and realized that this became a great opportunity to buy items cheap. There is no way rares

will go back to where they were before Feb 1st. Everyone just had too much money to spend but ironically, too scared to spend

it. The dip we're experiencing is another cycle we go through whenever merchants feel the need to sell items. Then when

they're cheap, they rise again. It's already happened 2-3 times since FT was introduced. :-w

Well of course phats (and all other wearable discontinueds) will go up in the long run. But psychology still has a lot to do with "market" prices, and I'm not sure the ge price is entirely irrelevant to psychology.

punitivedsig.png

Almost have enough cash for ely and not sure if I should wait a bit or buy as soon as I get the money. Is it likely to go back up to 650m+ or stay around 600m?

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Myself and a friend both upgraded from yellow to red. He got Red for yellow + 290, I got it for yellow + 300.

Average of yellow at the moment is 1070M.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Why have blue masks suddenly shot up in price?

Still rising, anybody know why when none of the others are?

Also, would I be able to upgrade from yellow to green with the mask, currently at 110m g.e

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Also, would I be able to upgrade from yellow to green with the mask, currently at 110m g.e

The majority of RS have now heard about Chessy and want to get a rare before they plummet in price. Of course Chessy's little stash of rares do not effect the market at all, but the majority of RS are 11-15 years old so they don't understand that.

That's my assumption.

Stellactic.gif

All masks (and santa) are rising. True, though, that blue has risen the most. (For that reason, I've sold all mine and am not buying blues right now, only greens and maybe santas.)

My limited experience is that most phat owners looking to downgrade are doing so to get cash, so they'd prefer for you to sell the mask and upgrade with cash instead of the mask.

punitivedsig.png

The majority of RS have now heard about Chessy and want to get a rare before they plummet in price. Of course Chessy's little stash of rares do not effect the market at all, but the majority of RS are 11-15 years old so they don't understand that.

That's my assumption.

Are we keep going to use that 11-15 year old lame assumption every time price changes? :rolleyes:

It's basic concept. Less rares means less supplies no matter how you put it. Doesn't matter if Chessy hoarded those rares.

The only thing that matters though is that they're gone for good. Now it's virtually impossible for those rares to

circulate again. Since it's not only 1-2 rares but a significant number of them, it's only logical that rares are going up.

Are we keep going to use that 11-15 year old lame assumption every time price changes? :rolleyes:

It's basic concept. Less rares means less supplies no matter how you put it. Doesn't matter if Chessy hoarded those rares.

The only thing that matters though is that they're gone for good. Now it's virtually impossible for those rares to

circulate again. Since it's not only 1-2 rares but a significant number of them, it's only logical that rares are going up.

This is false, I cba to explain why but just trust me. I'm sure if you wait someone else will explain.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.