3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

I've been wondering the same thing, but here's my theory. The greatest demand for divines is pro-level boss hunting. Many of those players now go to Nex. As strategies are refined and more pernix tops enter the market, many of those players are switching from divines to void deflector with pernix top. That's my best guess.

That seems like a pretty reasonable assumption. But I don't think they would crash that much that quickly.

On other terms, does anyone happen to have a Price-Range on the Torva Parts?

They were already falling after the initial free trade to just over 1b and fell another 50m with the corp glitch. My guess is that a combination of this fall along with swapping divines for ely + pernix as mentioned above was enough to start panic selling. They'll stabilize and trend back up before long, though I doubt they'll be above 1b permanently.

Dropped items, no matter how rare, will always drop in price in the long term.

punitivedsig.png

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless they are dropped at a lower rate than the demand is going up, of course... ;)

Right, but that's exceedingly hard to imagine. The demand for these items right now practically 100%. Everyone wants one. So I don't see that drastically increasing unless the number of players of the game drastically increases. Of course, if that happens, supply also will drastically increase. I suppose that the intensity of demand could increase, but not unless Jagex changes the stats, which they won't. To the contrary, as higher level gear is introduced, intensity of demand will decrease. Your idea is a theoretical possibility, but practically is not going to happen. Also, please note that I was talking about real price, not nominal price. The nominal price might increase over time if some money source like the 26k trick is reintroduced, but that also seems unlikely at this point.

punitivedsig.png

Unless they are dropped at a lower rate than the demand is going up, of course... ;)

Right, but that's exceedingly hard to imagine. The demand for these items right now practically 100%. Everyone wants one. So I don't see that drastically increasing unless the number of players of the game drastically increases. Of course, if that happens, supply also will drastically increase. I suppose that the intensity of demand could increase, but not unless Jagex changes the stats, which they won't. To the contrary, as higher level gear is introduced, intensity of demand will decrease. Your idea is a theoretical possibility, but practically is not going to happen. Also, please note that I was talking about real price, not nominal price. The nominal price might increase over time if some money source like the 26k trick is reintroduced, but that also seems unlikely at this point.

Fury's. They've been the best ammy in game for years. YEARS. And they have gone up in price because of Jagex.

Stellactic.gif

Fury's. They've been the best ammy in game for years. YEARS. And they have gone up in price because of Jagex.

Yes, it will always be possible for Jagex to step in to prop up the real price of a flagging item. Still, I doubt whether the price of the fury today is the equal of the price, say, four years ago. (Again, remember that I'm talking about real prices, not nominal prices.) There is so much more money in the game today that there has been a general inflation in the cost of items. While the days of runaway inflation appear to be over (for now, anyway), your fundamental point that Jagex can step in at any moment and change the entire economy is correct.

punitivedsig.png

If that was the case, then the items have to be eliminated from circulation. As of now, it's pretty hard

for those items to disappear from the game. Especially since the old wilderness is back. players using barrows armor

and losing it will be transferred to the player that obtained it. The previous wild eliminated items, which caused

items like abyssal whips and dharoks armor to shoot all the way up. (12m for dharoks..yikes). Now of course,

everything can be re obtained again. Even losing at gravestones is guaranteed for someone to pick up item

losses which then can be recirculated and increasing the supply substantially.

I've been wondering the same thing, but here's my theory. The greatest demand for divines is pro-level boss hunting. Many of those players now go to Nex. As strategies are refined and more pernix tops enter the market, many of those players are switching from divines to void deflector with pernix top. That's my best guess.

That seems like a pretty reasonable assumption. But I don't think they would crash that much that quickly.

On other terms, does anyone happen to have a Price-Range on the Torva Parts?

full is 1.4b

Thank you, I appreciate your response.

Sold yellow a few hours ago, 1050M. Seems as though I sold it too early, because just after that there was people trying to buy it for that price. So I assume it was going higher, after that. Took a few minutes for mine to sell.

3a's crashing, too. Sold plate 3M under med and legs 2M under med. Currently trying to buy Torva, now.

Also, Divine's 830M or so roughly and Elysian is currently 515M.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Sold yellow a few hours ago, 1050M. Seems as though I sold it too early, because just after that there was people trying to buy it for that price. So I assume it was going higher, after that. Took a few minutes for mine to sell.

3a's crashing, too. Sold plate 3M under med and legs 2M under med. Currently trying to buy Torva, now.

Woot! Gained 30M on Elysian, lost 30M on Divine.

It's bad that after gaining so much staking, you look at 30M like, "Meh." Lost like 400M on Virtus and simply thought, "Well, looks like I'm gonna stake for an hour or two." Lol.

09144a99bb.png

It's bad that after gaining so much staking, you look at 30M like, "Meh." Lost like 400M on Virtus and simply thought, "Well, looks like I'm gonna stake for an hour or two." Lol.

Replace staking with nex for me.

I feel the same way. Back in the day losing 10m was horrible. I was mad for weeks.

I threw away 30m today on buying crap just to give to friends with out a second thought about making it back.

6fcc8f4a14.png

BleachBaboosmall.jpg

Sold divine 825m in ge and bought red phat 1.295b

This makes it sound like the general deflationary trend might be continuing. While that might sound like a bad thing, it isn't really. Sure, your stuff might be worth fewer gp, but the stuff you want to buy also will be cheaper.

punitivedsig.png

Replace staking with nex for me.

I feel the same way. Back in the day losing 10m was horrible. I was mad for weeks.

I threw away 30m today on buying crap just to give to friends with out a second thought about making it back.

Same, except Nex is being a [w]itch lately for our perm team, been dry for quite a while.

OT: I noticed your RSN, if that from YuYu Hakusho, by any chance? <3:

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

sold div 875

bought ely 520

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top