3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Just for starters, even if Chessy had wanted to liquidate her Santas, logistically speaking it would be a bit of a pain. With 80+ billion worth in santas, she'd run into the max cash limit 40 times or so trying to sell them. I know she could convert the cash to spirit shard packs or something, but when you're talking about converting 80+ billion that's actually a lot of clicking.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look at how santas climbed, rose to 100m, stabilized, then got dumped

history is going to repeat with masks, i wont be surprised if they all hit 130m+ then crash again...

Its simply cashed up merchers (highly likely the same people that dumped phats a few days ago) buying out masks untill they stabilize at a higher price.

Think about it, ~1600m (about average price of hats) buys about 12-15 h'weens (about)

Therefore, for a buyout to occur either a mercher can buy say, 10 hats, or 120-150 h'weens

therefore assuming either is bought out (at equal rate), there has to be about 12-15x more h'weens in the game then there is hats... which isnt the case im 100% sure.

finally this means its more practical to buy out h'weens as they are cheaper to inflate dramatically

I really know nothing about rare prices so ill prob end up sounding like a noob but... Are phat prices going to stay at the 1bil range from now on? That would have to mean ALOT of people have 1b+ to fork over that kind of cash... Guess there was a down side to wildy and ft coming back after all.

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

I really know nothing about rare prices so ill prob end up sounding like a noob but... Are phat prices going to stay at the 1bil range from now on? That would have to mean ALOT of people have 1b+ to fork over that kind of cash... Guess there was a down side to wildy and ft coming back after all.

Yes, and eventually they will keep rising. Sure there might be some "crashes", but in the long run rares will always be expensive.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Yes, and eventually they will keep rising. Sure there might be some "crashes", but in the long run rares will always be expensive.

I predict that the rules will become just a little different once all Partyhats reach max cash, and that will most certainly happen, if not for a while yet.

It'll be a bit like an immovable object and unstoppable force, so to speak, as the ever rising prices clash with the cash limit and less resourceful players say, "Well, that's it", the prices will not go over it, IN SPITE OF the upgrading/downgrading that has always occured.

I am fully aware that relatively recently some hats were over max cash and some weren't. Once every hat reaches max cash in the Grand Exchange, and all "official" record of any superiority between colors is 'technically' destroyed, I think the Phat game will change a bit. Phats will be stuck in a high place, akin to a 200m XP goal, a goal that in other words doesn't move.

Obviously I'm no seer though.

2dgucz6.png

Partyhats dipping again.

Blue ~3.19-3.24

White ~(Little below 1900 I think?)

Red ~1.33

Green ~(Like 1.230-40?)

Yellow ~1.03-1.04

Purple ~.890-.905

Some are rough estimates, should be somewhat accurate besides the white/green.

Saw two green sellers at ~1160. Neither sold.

Yellow is 1.01. Almost equivalent to divine.

I really don't see every partyhat reaching over the cash limit. Without the PvP statues coming in as fast as they were GP will continue to become worth more and more. Prices can't hold out forever, and unless Jagex adds more ways for GP to be added to the game everything will eventually even out and slowly decline in price.

Stellactic.gif

Partyhats dipping again.

Blue ~3.19-3.24

White ~(Little below 1900 I think?)

Red ~1.33

Green ~(Like 1.230-40?)

Yellow ~1.03-1.04

Purple ~.890-.905

Some are rough estimates, should be somewhat accurate besides the white/green.

Saw two green sellers at ~1160. Neither sold.

Yellow is 1.01. Almost equivalent to divine.

It's all sellers right now in the partyhat market. Red's below 1.32.

punitivedsig.png

Price check on torva pieces if possible please ^_^

Torva platebody seems to be around 900M. Last I checked, Torva platelegs were around the same price. Torva full helm seems to be hanging around 350M.

I believe the plate is closer to 850 with the legs being 900m.

yellowphat.png

I think you really did well there -- reds seem to be going well under 1.3, so unless yellows have really crashed, this was nice for you.

Yeah, was glad I managed to get it. Yellow's hanging at 1.01-1.1 it seems - a range of prices really going for it. Where as red..I couldn't sell for 1260 in the G.E. I'm happy, although it was a 40M loss.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I'm thinking of buying a purple or a divine. What's the price range on a purple, around 860m?

Is divine still around 1b?

This is from the previous page:

Bought a yellow, this was the instant buy. Wondering how much further the hats will drop... :o

110328231212.png

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

[hide]yellowphat.png[/hide]

I think you really did well there -- reds seem to be going well under 1.3, so unless yellows have really crashed, this was nice for you.

I'm not trying to sound like I'm stalking you but like almost every of your post in this thread is bashing red partyhats

as if you have a grudge against them. I went into Epic Rares cc and saw that someone DGed his red for yellow + 285m

+ full dharoks and bgs. Thats ~301m. So considering 260m is what you think a "well decision", you should honestly

stop trying to manipulate prices. :-w