3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay but what about masks, santa, other rares etc?

and which are the most secure items? items who dosent crash..

if thats possible to tell :)

Fwiw, my primary investment atm is in green masks -- I bought 19 of them. I selected green masks because they had crashed hardest pre-free trade, which led me to conclude that they had the most upside and were least likely to re-crash from their current position. But I don't see any wearable discontinued item as a serious long-term crash risk from where they are now. Phats might experience a short-term correction because they shot up so much after free trade, but I think all wearable discontinueds will go up in the long run.

punitivedsig.png

Fwiw, my primary investment atm is in green masks -- I bought 19 of them. I selected green masks because they had crashed hardest pre-free trade, which led me to conclude that they had the most upside and were least likely to re-crash from their current position. But I don't see any wearable discontinued item as a serious long-term crash risk from where they are now. Phats might experience a short-term correction because they shot up so much after free trade, but I think all wearable discontinueds will go up in the long run.

Never thought that partyhats are 'too' inflated...

but then theres so little of them that you really cant say for sure if they can even crash more then 10% of their current price lol.

Also green masks seem like a great idea, santas are about as common as all 3 masks put together then multiplied by 3 and theyre still worth more then green masks :P

Only problem is... you could have used the 1b or whatever u paid for them on something else, aka a yellow that consistantly rises and would sell easily if you panic lol (as opposed to selling 19 during a potential crash)

Never thought that partyhats are 'too' inflated...

but then theres so little of them that you really cant say for sure if they can even crash more then 10% of their current price lol.

Also green masks seem like a great idea, santas are about as common as all 3 masks put together then multiplied by 3 and theyre still worth more then green masks :P

Only problem is... you could have used the 1b or whatever u paid for them on something else, aka a yellow that consistantly rises and would sell easily if you panic lol (as opposed to selling 19 during a potential crash)

Difference is that I can "flip" the greens while I'm holding them. I could flip a phat, too, but that's a little more risky in the sense that if it suddenly spikes, you lose your shirt. Last time I went through this process I held these smaller rares and flipped in and out of them until I got 20 santas. When santas spiked, I sold them and bought a white. Unfortunately, I was stupid enough to get caught in the edible crash, so I lost most of my value. Now I'm just holding smaller rares again, flipping when I get the chance. I'll buy another phat again sometime, but I'm waiting for a nice dip. It might take six months, but they'll dip when the next big thing is released.

punitivedsig.png

What will happen to sigils? temp 1-2 week crash due to fail jagex qa?

Looking at what someone posted in the update thread:

Let's just try a quick estimation:

About 50 lootshare worlds.

1 kill per 8 minutes

1 hour.

So roughly there will be somewhere from 200-400 new owners of a new spirit shield with a sigil attached to it.

200-400 isn't really a lot in the grand scale of things so I doubt they'll crash for too long. Now might be a good time to cash in on the panic.

Edit: Seems kills were going down a lot quicker than that, ignore what I said before you're probably right about a 1-3 week crash.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

What prices are the shields/sigils all going for now?

I'd love a 250m ely or 40m arcane :(

Divine crashed about 50-70m? Not much but it'll probably drop a little more before it stables.

Elys hardly crashed at all.

Lower spirit shields have been going up ever since the little crash after the update. Managed to make a little off them.

Spectrals were selling for 38 and arcanes for 58 about, now spectrals are at 43-46 and arcanes are at 60-62.

Do you guys think we could expect a crash in 3a? :x

Has it been confirmed anywhere if ROW makes clue rewards 'better' or not?

The ring of wealth has been a kind of lucky charm for RuneScape players for many years now even though its effects were limited, and the wealth it brought was of dubious value, many still chose to wear it for good luck. We have now improved it so that it will better increase your chances of receiving rare items from drops or clue scrolls, occasionally improve some common drops, and give you bonus items in a few specific pieces of content. Whats more, the ring will now also let you know when it has made a difference to your drops, so you can better judge how useful wearing one is for how you play.

Do you guys think we could expect a crash in 3a? :x

Has it been confirmed anywhere if ROW makes clue rewards 'better' or not?

Yes. At first I thought you'd get higher alchables (such as Rune Plate over Ranger boots) but it seems Jagex (somewhat) bases it off street price.

It's better to have RoW on while cluing than not.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Today was my first ever 'big' purchase in runescape, managed to get an Arcane Spirit Shield for 59m, does that look like a good price? Do people think the price has re-stabilised now?

They will probably drop back down beyond 58m, down to ~55m.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Got an ely for 554m last night instantly (put in a 570m offer). I expected they would recover more quickly.

Not sure exactly what they're at now, but they seem to be around 550-560. I can't get a good gauge from the forums because there are still too many noob posts offering like 300-400m with no response.

Edit: Finding a few unanswered 550m posts and a some sales around that price also. Another guy claims to have bought for 500m off forums, probably manip

lalalasig2.png