3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder who has that buyout of climbing boots from some time back :S

*sigh* another opportunity for billions missed.

If there really was someone with an intentional buyout they messed up really bad. They claimed the price change was justified because the boots weren't buyable for max, thus needing a fix. If someone just bought them out to create a buyout there was either no need to 'fix' it or they should update every bought out item <_<

Any guesses on what my santa will do? Can't make anything of the current market will al the fake posts on RSOF.

didn't you read my last post? they're picking up. and all those fake posts in RSOF trying to manipulate the price or saying they aren't is a lie.

Any speculations on how many climber boots were the in the game/how much cash has come into the game with this update?

I saw a buyout / collection picture where someone had more than 500k climbing boots on a single account. that's 22 billion or so in high alch value alone.

to the above quotes: there was a buyout. that's not the main thing though, the main thing is how people would use junk and trade limits to sell climbing boots on pking worlds. That's what Jagex have "reacted" to.

The main thing here is what happens. 1. People high alch a lot of them leading to inflation. 2. People sell them on the GE leading to deflation (gp taken from other markets to satisfy the boot market). Most pkers have had 10-100 boots banked. What they do will vary. those who have big collections can either promote deflation by ge selling, or inflation by alching. The economy basically lies in those hands.

I'm glad i keep low cash and most of my value in items. I'm especially glad for putting money in d bones as pkers will be a top bet for alching /selling boots to get turmoil.

Any speculations on how many climber boots were the in the game/how much cash has come into the game with this update?

I saw a buyout / collection picture where someone had more than 500k climbing boots on a single account. that's 22 billion or so in high alch value alone.

to the above quotes: there was a buyout. that's not the main thing though, the main thing is how people would use junk and trade limits to sell climbing boots on pking worlds. That's what Jagex have "reacted" to.

The main thing here is what happens. 1. People high alch a lot of them leading to inflation. 2. People sell them on the GE leading to deflation (gp taken from other markets to satisfy the boot market). Most pkers have had 10-100 boots banked. What they do will vary. those who have big collections can either promote deflation by ge selling, or inflation by alching. The economy basically lies in those hands.

I'm glad i keep low cash and most of my value in items. I'm especially glad for putting money in d bones as pkers will be a top bet for alching /selling boots to get turmoil.

Yep, the boots sold for 10k street price at the best of times, so Jagex decided to make them 75k.. not a huge issue, but then they decided they should alch for 45k as well. Yeah.. while rune boots alch for 6k and dragon boots alch for 8-12k... I'd seriously like to punch one of them in the nose right now. :thumbdown:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

unfortunately for me i had alot of cash at the time of this update :(, bought a mages' book since i intended on getting it back and the supplies for 80 smithing which i wanted also,

now i am left with ~82m cash and i fear it will lose all its value

should i buy items that are likely to rise (dclaws whips w/e) or are they unbuyable atm?

also does anyone think this may slow the decline of the spectral / arcane (may get arcane w/ my cash)

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

Most people that owns climbing boots most likely had it as pk return sets. My guess is that extra cash will go into pk related items. Things like Dragon Bolts, Claws, AGS, and Arcane are all possible candidates. Rares are always a good possibility so I'm guessing a Mask/Santa buyout will be slightly stronger now. I still maintain most people are over reacting, the best pk tab I've seen only contained like 100 Climbing boots. Of course there are the collectors who might get 1k-100k boots depending on how bored they are. They're such a small population though that I just doubt it'll be as bad as everyone claims. Only long term effect I see is with the market of Addy boots and Rune boots since now they are the best for pkers to get for return sets.

120dgl.jpg

So climbing boots alch for 45k now? Wouldn't that mean it protects over quite a few things?

yep...which means rune/berserker pures won't be happy.

then again, they can always resort to the more expensive rune boots. <_<

bought an arcane for 76.7, now just watch jagex fix the problem and they can crash again :P

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

Wow just checked ge and noticed Blue masks are down 200k. This is the first time they've dropped in a long time. I haven't been in world 2 in awhile but this is definitely news to me

clansig7.gif

Sorry to be a nuisance, but I don't think my previous question about Spectrals was answered.. would be nice to know actually since I'm keen on entering the lower end spirit shield market.

The question was if there was any street price associated with the Spectral Spirit Shield (..might as well ask for Arcane's state too) and if it is, what is it? Or is it hopefully buyable in the GE at this time?

Thanks again

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

How's 3rd age doing lately? A lot of items seem to have lost their street price. I'm asking because I recently bought a 3rd age full helm for around 47m in cash and stuff (no junk).

I'm looking at masks at the moment, I have a set, and they are dropping. I want to sell my set one at a time when they start dropping, but do I sell now? I really want to get buyables and I want to make as much money off them as possible. Should I sell my green/blue now since they have started dropping?

Looking for a response ASAP please!

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

With the huge 75k climing boot money induction

ALL RARES are sure to rise to unbuyable prices now. No more phat for me. :(

I'll be lucky if I can get a h'ween mask.

I bet everything will be over 500 mil now with the update.

I'm looking at masks at the moment, I have a set, and they are dropping. I want to sell my set one at a time when they start dropping, but do I sell now? I really want to get buyables and I want to make as much money off them as possible. Should I sell my green/blue now since they have started dropping?

Looking for a response ASAP please!

Since you're holding a set, you're looking at two ways.

green mask and santa have no confidental buyout power since they're randomly going up and down in price, which sucks

because you might not get a hold of investing with green mask as high as your red and blue masks. So if you

want the fastest way to invest in your set, I would suggest getting rid of green mask and then probably keep blue

if people are still buying them in the same manner as red mask (which has been always going up).

Edibles are declining slowly but with any luck, they might lower enough so that you probably can trade in your red and blue

for like a disk + junk. Partyhats, disk, pumpkin, and (maybe) ely and div are the current buyouts in the market. As of today, I don't think

it would be possible to get a hold of any of them with just masks.

Well once I sell the set, that will be it. I am prepared to sell them off one by one so I sell them for as much as I can. I will just buy skills so I was wondering if now would be a sensible time to sell.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Sorry to be a nuisance, but I don't think my previous question about Spectrals was answered.. would be nice to know actually since I'm keen on entering the lower end spirit shield market.

The question was if there was any street price associated with the Spectral Spirit Shield (..might as well ask for Arcane's state too) and if it is, what is it? Or is it hopefully buyable in the GE at this time?

Thanks again

Myself and my friends have never had trouble buying spectrals or arcanes in the GE. I'd imagine the days of either having street value are gone except for short periods of time perhaps.

chaosoffar.png

Damn it, seems I got scammed for my purple phat (for trade price) and it's my own stupid fault for trusting people, damn greedy me. If a trade is too good to be true, it really is.

Lent it to a "friend" for avatar picture?

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

Honestly, I'd not expect anyone to trust me with that unless I gave them something with at least SOME street value to hold. (EG Ely or onyx ring or something)

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Damn it, seems I got scammed for my purple phat (for trade price) and it's my own stupid fault for trusting people, damn greedy me. If a trade is too good to be true, it really is.

No much more stupid, it was a 2 person scam. One started talking to me how he would sell his red phat to me for a bunch of masks (1.5B worth) cause he was leaving for a month and expected them to rise much more than his phat in the mean time. I happened to have nearly enough, but he needed 5 more. I only had 300m cash and my phat left. I ended up trusting some random (but in the end not so random) guy for the last few masks (my pha and cash for masks, horrible trade) I needed after a LOONG time, cause of course I was very hesistant to do trust trades. But he was very good in it, and showed me a half whine etc telling me he has enough to scam a simple purple out of me (he promised me to sell it back if the red phat guy wouldn't do his trade).

The guy with the red had to get members to sell some stuff he had to get cash to make up the trade, and I left to watch some football. Now I'm back, and he's not online, no problem you would say, but then I see a forum thread by him where he is selling a half wine and a yellow phat, and where he says he has some masks too. Now these are exactly the items that the other guy (who I sold my purple to) showed me. Can't be a coincidence.

Damn, when I'm reading this myself, I can't believe I fell for it. Greed turned me into an idiot -.-

There names are I tennis and Matrix usa, beware. I think they are brothers.

No much more stupid, it was a 2 person scam. One started talking to me how he would sell his red phat to me for a bunch of masks (1.5B worth) cause he was leaving for a month and expected them to rise much more than his phat in the mean time. I happened to have nearly enough, but he needed 5 more. I only had 300m cash and my phat left. I ended up trusting some random (but in the end not so random) guy for the last few masks (my pha and cash for masks, horrible trade) I needed after a LOONG time, cause of course I was very hesistant to do trust trades. But he was very good in it, and showed me a half whine etc telling me he has enough to scam a simple purple out of me (he promised me to sell it back if the red phat guy wouldn't do his trade).

The guy with the red had to get members to sell some stuff he had to get cash to make up the trade, and I left to watch some football. Now I'm back, and he's not online, no problem you would say, but then I see a forum thread by him where he is selling a half wine and a yellow phat, and where he says he has some masks too. Now these are exactly the items that the other guy (who I sold my purple to) showed me. Can't be a coincidence.

Damn, when I'm reading this myself, I can't believe I fell for it. Greed turned me into an idiot -.-

There names are I tennis and Matrix usa, beware. I think they are brothers.

That's a pro scam and since it's street price it's not like they can be reported. :-k

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting