3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

I was someone offering to buy green with 250m junk for yellow + cash, and he didn't find someone.

You was someone? Lol

lysdexics tfw <--been waiting forever to say that somewhere, sry ;)

OT: Anyone think red will actually hit GE price? Friend is still trying to get one I think.

Red updated yesterday at +4.8M -- not sure if that reflects any actual "GE" activity or not though. :unsure:

Red has already been traded again since that update, and I wouldn't be surprised if there have been multiple successful snipes. Now that green is so close to crashing, everyone's looking to red as the next one in line. Might not hurt to get a max offer in and see if it's past sniping yet, but then again the entire bot sniping community is probably camping it too.

Would you think Blue's 5.8 increase is merely the "weekly update" value, or would that represent a GE trade? :unsure:

nyuseg.png

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue's been traded as well. If an item appears on the most valuable traded items list, that means that at some point since its last price update it has been traded. Looks like all the phats but white have been traded since their respective updates.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Looks like I gotta make some major cash when FT comes back, I've always wanted a green

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

Blue's been traded as well. If an item appears on the most valuable traded items list, that means that at some point since its last price update it has been traded. Looks like all the phats but white have been traded since their respective updates.

*Scooby Doo voice*

Ruh Rohs!

:unsure:

nyuseg.png

Hmm. I probably wasn't overly clear with what I said earlier. I'm planning on selling the yellow over the g.e and buying a green for max. with some spare cash I have. Then selling the green once free trade comes back and buying back the yellow. Is there much chance of the order changing and me not being able to buy a yellow back after the update or would I be pretty safe in the hopes that green stay above (and hopefully well above) yellow in pure GP. If I did this, would it be best to sell the yellow now or wait until green is buyable at max so that they don't both run away out of my price range with the g.e updates.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Hmm. I probably wasn't overly clear with what I said earlier. I'm planning on selling the yellow over the g.e and buying a green for max. with some spare cash I have. Then selling the green once free trade comes back and buying back the yellow. Is there much chance of the order changing and me not being able to buy a yellow back after the update or would I be pretty safe in the hopes that green stay above (and hopefully well above) yellow in pure GP. If I did this, would it be best to sell the yellow now or wait until green is buyable at max so that they don't both run away out of my price range with the g.e updates.

The way it looks right now, you'd have to get lucky to sell yellow and be even luckier to buy a green. If you don't play much anymore, I wouldn't risk getting stuck in a bad situation, such as being able to sell the yellow, not being able to buy the green, and having partyhats rise again on you.

lalalasig2.png

Here's what I would do:

Sell yellow for max now. It doesn't have long before it crashes.

Then, wait until the following happens with green: First, they will become slowly buyable at max (like wait 5 hours with a max offer and you get it). This will persist for maybe a day or two until the GE updates its price a lot. Rises in GE price always cause a drop in street price- since they were already very near max GE price before the update, they'll fall to below med and probably min. This would be a good time to buy a green. This is what happens every time an item with street reaches the GE- elysian did this to a tee.

Edit: Rocket's definitely right that my strategy is in no way playing it safe, but honestly I really don't see partyhats recovering until well after free trade. There's 0 confidence amongst rare hoarders in anything below a white (and especially below a red), and lack of confidence spells doom for the market.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Here's what I would do:

Sell yellow for max now. It doesn't have long before it crashes.

Then, wait until the following happens with green: First, they will become slowly buyable at max (like wait 5 hours with a max offer and you get it). This will persist for maybe a day or two until the GE updates its price a lot. Rises in GE price always cause a drop in street price- since they were already very near max GE price before the update, they'll fall to below med and probably min. This would be a good time to buy a green. This is what happens every time an item with street reaches the GE- elysian did this to a tee.

Edit: Rocket's definitely right that my strategy is in no way playing it safe, but honestly I really don't see partyhats recovering until well after free trade. There's 0 confidence amongst rare hoarders in anything below a white (and especially below a red), and lack of confidence spells doom for the market.

I think too many people have the mindset that they can sell their p hat now and buy back after they crash. This could cause some panic later on. We can only wait and see, but I'm going to hold onto mine.

Edit: Rocket's definitely right...

RSOF discontinued forums are having the same confusion:

rocketrockedrocky.png

lalalasig2.png

Oops. To be fair, I know your name is Rocked, but my brain put rocket anyway because that is a word it knows and I wasn't paying enough attention to catch it.

So are greens buyable for max now?

No, I had an offer all day yesterday and renewed after GE-update today. Nothing yet.

Edit: stil nothing... :ohnoes:

which of the following options would you guys do:

- try to snipe green phat in GE now and have some spare cash.

- try to buy blue phat in free trade with my entire cashpile. (approx 1.1b)

So many variables to consider it hurts. :razz:

i was kinda thinking to sell purple and i put it in ge but after 1h i cancelled my selling...as knowing i had them since 2002 and knowing they are 100% genuine, i decided to appreaciate that more than possibly free yellows.

i was kinda thinking to sell purple and i put it in ge but after 1h i cancelled my selling...as knowing i had them since 2002 and knowing they are 100% genuine, i decided to appreaciate that more than possibly free yellows.

How many do you have then? :unsure:

Same for me with yellow, I wanted yellow most when I didn't have a phat. (yellow resembles most a crown imo, gold is yellow after all :razz:)

Worked for it, eventually when I had enough cash I bought it when they were considered +-100% junk.

Now I'm never going to sell it... :grin:

GE just updated. ALL partyhats were updated, meaning they ALL sold (right?). This is the first time this has happened ever? Partyhats getting more and more liquid. Also, purple is the cheapest again (GE wise).

I managed to put in an offer for a green and a blue, gonna see how it goes. I expect the green to buy. Blue probably not, but who knows :D

Was also reading in forums a bit, and some merchant was saying the big time merchers are big time hoarding cash and are planning to make uber profits flipping when FT comes (picking up items that are crashing like mad, like elysians, eggs, ...). Not sure how true this is.

EDIT: yellow officially crashed. Not selling for med in GE.

GE just updated. ALL partyhats were updated, meaning they ALL sold (right?). This is the first time this has happened ever? Partyhats getting more and more liquid. Also, purple is the cheapest again (GE wise).

I managed to put in an offer for a green and a blue, gonna see how it goes. I expect the green to buy. Blue probably not, but who knows :D

Was also reading in forums a bit, and some merchant was saying the big time merchers are big time hoarding cash and are planning to make uber profits flipping when FT comes (picking up items that are crashing like mad, like elysians, eggs, ...). Not sure how true this is.

On the last comment: I'm not sure how successful they will be. The trade prices of items didn't have as much of a crash and fall pattern as they have with the G.E. Because it required actual effort to stand and trade most items, prices would change very quickly, even hourly sometimes. Because of this, prices often self corrected much faster. It all depends how well the G.E is implemented with free trade, but I expect many 'merchants' who have gained money through the G.e Will be totally out of their depth when it comes to merchanting with free trade.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

2qd4dmr.png

Green brought at max, cost me about 5m to upgrade from yellow as I sold yellow max yesterday. Now All I need is for it to stay over 5m above yellow after free trade.

zqXeV.jpg

I was lucky with my offer. I had my G.E open as I was checking yesterdays offer, took my offer out in preparation for the update and that exact moment the G.E updated so I immediately put the offer in. Must have been within 5 seconds of the update.

zqXeV.jpg

Today's GE update:

Blue: +5.5 @ 671.1

White: +5.3 @ 582.1

Red: +4.6 @ 552.2

Green: +4.6 @ 528.3

Yellow: +4.7 @ 532.3

Purple: -5.4 @ 531.3

Personally, I am not sure what to make of all this.

I trust you folks and your valuations and notions, but right now it seems more to me that what we're seeing, right now, is something of a "correction" in the market in terms of the order of valuation of phats.

I think we're going to see a continued drop in purple and then yellow next, to set them both lower in value than green. But after that, who knows, really?

After free trade, will phats really drop to, say, the 300-550 range, or will they maintain a much higher value? How can we know?

nyuseg.png

I was lucky with my offer. I had my G.E open as I was checking yesterdays offer, took my offer out in preparation for the update and that exact moment the G.E updated so I immediately put the offer in. Must have been within 5 seconds of the update.

Oh nice one, Hope mine comes in too. Put it around 1 min after update. On RSOF, theres a lot of people reporting quick snipe offers though.

Personally I am sooooooo tempted to sell-off my yellow. I bought it for 51M+BGS+Mage Book during the last major crash two years ago. So anything over that is pure profit in my books. Hell, I'd love to add 500M to my coffers. There's a lot of skills I could buy for that money.

Problem is I <3: my phat <3: !

nyuseg.png

Personally I am sooooooo tempted to sell-off my yellow. I bought it for 51M+BGS+Mage Book during the last major crash two years ago. So anything over that is pure profit in my books. Hell, I'd love to add 500M to my coffers. There's a lot of skills I could buy for that money.

Problem is I <3: my phat <3: !

You should have sold it max yesterday then. Now is a bit too late, I'd wait it out.