3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Well if there is a tele to corp lair then the 1 minute (like you dropped your stuff) would suffice

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bank is currently around 286mil

I am looking to get an ely or any phat, what chance do I have with free trade coming.

In a different point assuming I can turn 286mil into 400mil by staking what chance do I have then ( could i get a yellow maybe)

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I am looking to get an ely or any phat, what chance do I have with free trade coming.

In a different point assuming I can turn 286mil into 400mil by staking what chance do I have then ( could i get a yellow maybe)

With the cash you have i would say you have a very good chance of getting an ely (probably be stable within 200mil to 400mil). With a partyhat i don't think yellow will drop that low, so that 400mil will give you a much better chance of getting one (i think it will stabalize within 350mil to 600mil).

My predictions are based on the current selling prices of both of those items, i just gave some room for them dropping more due to panic or going up for the same reason.

jpegsigtest.jpg

Rules in wildy: you have no gravestone, people kill you, they get your items. You drop items, people see them instantly

Rules in non wildy: you have a gravestones. If you drop items, people can not see them instantly.

Who said dieing in corp isn't the same as dropping items? (ie, non visible for minute or so)

It's worth noting that pre-trade restrictions stuff always instantly popped up as well. I don't think it's worth assuming that A) corp has a completely different drop system than anywhere else in the game and that wasn't mentioned in the FAQ, nor B) that it will work differently than it would have pre-trade restrictions.

We could also assume that they're going to turn the corp caves into a randomly shifting maze that takes more than 5 minutes to navigate (after all, Jagex never said they WOULDN'T!), but if we start allowing any random speculation then the discussion stops being meaningful.

From the information we have, instantly lootable corp deathpiles is by far the most likely possibility.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Rules in wildy: you have no gravestone, people kill you, they get your items. You drop items, people see them instantly

Rules in non wildy: you have a gravestones. If you drop items, people can not see them instantly.

Who said dieing in corp isn't the same as dropping items? (ie, non visible for minute or so)

It's worth noting that pre-trade restrictions stuff always instantly popped up as well. I don't think it's worth assuming that A) corp has a completely different drop system than anywhere else in the game and that wasn't mentioned in the FAQ, nor B) that it will work differently than it would have pre-trade restrictions.

We could also assume that they're going to turn the corp caves into a randomly shifting maze that takes more than 5 minutes to navigate (after all, Jagex never said they WOULDN'T!), but if we start allowing any random speculation then the discussion stops being meaningful.

From the information we have, instantly lootable corp deathpiles is by far the most likely possibility.

You mean pre trade restrictions, stuff instantly showed up when someone died, right? Cause I am 100% sure that a dropped item didn't show up instantly. I guess we will see. Somehow, I think they will make corp an exception.

Fishy: nobody will be stupid enough to stake a decent amount of money with you. I guess you'll have to settle with an ely or purple.

You mean pre trade restrictions, stuff instantly showed up when someone died, right? Cause I am 100% sure that a dropped item didn't show up instantly. I guess we will see. Somehow, I think they will make corp an exception.

Fishy: nobody will be stupid enough to stake a decent amount of money with you. I guess you'll have to settle with an ely or purple.

If you DROPPED an item (right click drop), it didn't pop up for a minute. If you died to a monster, your death pile popped up instantly to everyone else; I saw this happen many times. '01 prod here.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Then why do you seem to think that deathpiles took a minute to show up?

I have seen hundreds of people dieing from randoms or monsters and i always had to spam click for one minute until any items showed up.

Taken from the runescape wiki

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Death

"Previously, in the 16 October 2007 update, items dropped from players killed by monsters or NPC's remains visible only to the dead player for 1 minute, in case he/she wants to recover his/her items. After that, anyone nearby will be able to see and take them. Since the gravestone update on 10 December 2007, though, this update is rendered obsolete. Gravestones are very useful but can sometimes be bad as others around the dead person often don't bless the grave, which can be very stressful."

jpegsigtest.jpg

Because...y'know...it did.(atleast trough rs2 until gravestonestones) I also think it was exactly 3 mins until anyone else saw your stuff assuming a monster killed you.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I thought you thought dropped (juggled) items would appear instantly ... :-)

[hide](just check my "joined date" if you wanna accuse me of faking to be an "old schooler")[/hide]

With 286M, you definitely won't be able to afford a purp. Which will go for ATLEAST 350m minimum.

With nobody buying elys and people trading valuables to sell them off, you probably could get an ely. If you're up for staking all

of your bank, go for it.

It used to be that items appear instantly on death, until only a short while before Gravestones. There was an update that they would appear only to the person who died for a minute, then appear to everyone after. This was a pre-cursor to the Gravestone update which came not long after.

The question is whether Jagex reverts it to the way it was originally, or the way it was right before gravestones were added. The original way wouldn't give you enough time, so what would most likely happen is that tradeable items could be saved or stolen by friends while untradeable (Void, Fire Cape, Berserker(i)) are lost. The second way would give you slightly more time, but I still think it would be rather close. Even with the closer teleport, anyone else would still probably have a fair shot at your tradeable items, but you'll probably save your untradeable ones more consistently thanks to the faster teleport.

It used to be that items appear instantly on death, until only a short while before Gravestones. There was an update that they would appear only to the person who died for a minute, then appear to everyone after. This was a pre-cursor to the Gravestone update which came not long after.

The items never showed up immediately(like in dungeoneering). I am 100% sure of that as people could get their own items before anyone else at the start of rs2, and when you dropped items in the wilderness others couldn't see them immediately. From my knowledge, the time items took to show up after death to npc-s used to be 3 minutes(same as minimum grave) and the time after dropping is the same as it is now, 90 seconds.

As for green soon crashing, if you go by the old rule of if one hat crashes or is bought out, all of them follow suit, this is all normal, not to mention predictable. The hats were way too high in price and won't have the same functional value as they do now(items can't have street price anymore).

The items never showed up immediately(like in dungeoneering). I am 100% sure of that as people could get their own items before anyone else at the start of rs2, and when you dropped items in the wilderness others couldn't see them immediately. From my knowledge, the time items took to show up after death to npc-s used to be 3 minutes(same as minimum grave) and the time after dropping is the same as it is now, 90 seconds.

As for green soon crashing, if you go by the old rule of if one hat crashes or is bought out, all of them follow suit, this is all normal, not to mention predictable. The hats were way too high in price and won't have the same functional value as they do now(items can't have street price anymore).

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/lootshare

A change has been made to the mechanics when a player is killed by a monster. Your items will remain on the ground only visible to you for one minute should you wish to run back to recover them. After that, anyone nearby will be able to see them. Previously, if a player died to a monster the items were appearing instantly for everyone.

No. Your memory is way off then. Dropped items appeared to you first, then to other people after about a minute. Items dropped on death appeared instantly. When they added the 1 minute delay on death, it infuriated a lot of monster hunters, because sometimes a monster hunting trip goes wrong and someone dies, and having to wait a minute became rather painful.

EDIT:

Proof is in this article.

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/lootshare

A change has been made to the mechanics when a player is killed by a monster. Your items will remain on the ground only visible to you for one minute should you wish to run back to recover them. After that, anyone nearby will be able to see them. Previously, if a player died to a monster the items were appearing instantly for everyone.

Yeah, sorry, alot of the monsterhunting i did(and it wasn't as if there were many bosses before the change) was DK's and gwd just after the change(late 07) and i remember there being a delay when the person could get his own items, but it is true that for most of the time items were dropped immediately. Dropping still works the same way as it always did, apart from others being able to see all items.

Wouldn't one expect Divine to Drop anyways, considering with free trade, a group of 4 friends who all trust each other can pool all their money together and just share the shield? Even if only two players did it, You're likely to not always be using the shield, and can trade it off when you're not using it to your friend. I can see that driving down prices, as the need for your own divine would not be as important.

And also yes, at one point, when you died, your s*** immediately became lootable. It's how I picked up mass profits during the first few days of Godwars off people in full Dharok attacking Graardor with 40 HP and protect from Magic on. For most of the existence of RS your items appeared immediately on death. Then the one minute rule, followed by the gravestones, came along. My my, how people forget. It's going to be interesting seeing how fast people adapt to the new changes.

So with trades effectively capped at 2.1B (GE value), how do you guys think crackers will be traded? Surely this could push the price of phats down?

My green phat offer that I put in 5 hours after the update fulfilled. Expect green to crash within 1-2 days. Man, times are really changing...

They're at min now

Green phat's been stabilizing around near max for awhile. I can't really predict whether green phat will drop below the market price or just stay

that way until FT. Seems like Purps are almost impossible to sell atm. People are willing to accept as much as 2 eggs + cash to sell it

so I can already tell those who have purples are going to lose a lot on them. Yellows aren't doing so well either but it's a heck of a lot

easier to sell than purple or ely. Red is closing into Divine + cash. Saw one selling red + egg for a divine. Lastly, one piece of torva

like the legs is going for a blue+. Saw one offering blue for 1 pair of torva legs. Can't imagine what the set will be worth.

I'm assuming by the time FT arrives, there will still be some degree of "street" value to items worth more than the allowed 2.47B limit.

Iinteresting! I had stopped playing for a short window around the time LS came out and by the time I came back I'm pretty sure graves had come out, so I honestly wasn't aware of that update. Might still have a minute at Corp before the vultures descend, then.