3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Personally I am sooooooo tempted to sell-off my yellow. I bought it for 51M+BGS+Mage Book during the last major crash two years ago. So anything over that is pure profit in my books. Hell, I'd love to add 500M to my coffers. There's a lot of skills I could buy for that money.

Problem is I <3: my phat <3: !

You should have sold it max yesterday then. Now is a bit too late, I'd wait it out.

LOL! That's me! Ride the wave! :ohnoes:

nyuseg.png

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yellow is below min GE...Not as bad as purp though which is going below ~400m now.

Idk much about green. But I saw an offer of Green + purple for yellow and cash.

@ Dan, NICE. But I doubt you'll make much profit out of it. I heard greens aren't doing so well either.

I'm a little tempted to sell my green and the wait for the same to get a red hat.

This is just a panic crash.

All the rich people are just dumping what they have to buy back cheaper, and have more.

As soon as they start moving up, they will go up fast as they start buying back there stuff, and prices will be higher then before.

I don't mind if green crashes, I almost welcome it. I'm aiming for the price gap between green and yellow to open up so I can sell the green and re-buy the yellow with more than 5m between. I probably could have got it for less now, but i'd rather play it safe. I have to admit, good market guessing though green.

Interesting now to see where reds go.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

The thing is, though, you could have opened up your price margin by 10m+ simply by being patient for a day or two until greens crash. Look at purple. Look at yellow. There's a pattern here lol.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I don't mind if green crashes, I almost welcome it. I'm aiming for the price gap between green and yellow to open up so I can sell the green and re-buy the yellow with more than 5m between. I probably could have got it for less now, but i'd rather play it safe. I have to admit, good market guessing though green.

Interesting now to see where reds go.

The ironic thing is that the harder the lower phats crash the safer red and up looks as owners of multiple lower hats deperately try to trade up. Right now you can easily get 2 greens for a red, and I'll bet the red owner can add junk. There's a thread right now where a guy is offering to take something like six red masks with a red hat for green and cash. That suggests to me that even if greens dip below their current GE price (and it's not entirely clear that they will), then red will still be worth double green when ft comes. And there's still no real market for white and blue -- those owners don't seem to be selling. Once free trade gets here, I'll bet the white and blue owners will use them to buy out the lower partyhats.

punitivedsig.png

Picked up the purple that I'd been wanting to get for a while now, min in ge. :) I can see allot of people selling their hats hoping to either upgrade or pick up cheaper later on, and then a panic rise ensuing when they find they can't just insta buy them because they waited too long :smile:

I really don't think the GE prices are all that inflated, the average Scaper who'se been playing for a while is allot richer than they would have been a few years ago, pre-GE. There ar ways to aquire wealth that are allot better than what was around back then (bone prices i'm looking at you). Even if the average player is too scared to go boss hunting, they can still rake in allot of money farming herbs and killing frosties or even greens. Prices have risen to reflect that; it's the street prices that are absolutely ridiculous. Really can't see the lower end hats dropping below 450m ea once free trade comes out, we'll see though.

And there's still no real market for white and blue -- those owners don't seem to be selling. Once free trade gets here, I'll bet the white and blue owners will use them to buy out the lower partyhats.

Downgrading for profit, seems ironic \:D/

Picked up the purple that I'd been wanting to get for a while now, min in ge. :) I can see allot of people selling their hats hoping to either upgrade or pick up cheaper later on, and then a panic rise ensuing when they find they can't just insta buy them because they waited too long :smile:

I really don't think the GE prices are all that inflated, the average Scaper who'se been playing for a while is allot richer than they would have been a few years ago, pre-GE. There ar ways to aquire wealth that are allot better than what was around back then (bone prices i'm looking at you). Even if the average player is too scared to go boss hunting, they can still rake in allot of money farming herbs and killing frosties or even greens. Prices have risen to reflect that; it's the street prices that are absolutely ridiculous. Really can't see the lower end hats dropping below 450m ea once free trade comes out, we'll see though.

Except today you can spend that gp on useful items instead. I can't see purples being over 400M in ft

Except today you can spend that gp on useful items instead. I can't see purples being over 400M in ft

All useful items and skills put to 99 only costs around 1b. So what to do with the rest?

I'm pretty sure that just a divine and full torva, pernix, and virtus will run you more than 1b, to say nothing of 99 prayer, 99 summon, 99 ranged, 99 magic, 96 herblore, and other miscellaneous combat items.

At least for a while I see interest shifting away from rares and toward the new armor. With interest in Nex waning and forum teams becoming untenable in the future (gravestones collapsing now means everyone gets to loot, which means no more blessing in random teams), the items are going to be quite rare and expensive.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

All useful items and skills put to 99 only costs around 1b. So what to do with the rest?

I'm pretty sure that just a divine and full torva, pernix, and virtus will run you more than 1b, to say nothing of 99 prayer, 99 summon, 99 ranged, 99 magic, 96 herblore, and other miscellaneous combat items.

At least for a while I see interest shifting away from rares and toward the new armor. With interest in Nex waning and forum teams becoming untenable in the future (gravestones collapsing now means everyone gets to loot, which means no more blessing in random teams), the items are going to be quite rare and expensive.

True, but the long term trend should still be down. I know, we got used to unbuyable divines and whatnot, but hopefully with free trade, when a new item comes out and it's good, it's obtainable if you have the money.

Expecting ely/div to drop significantly in the long run due to new corp teleport (games necklace)

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

True, but the long term trend should still be down. I know, we got used to unbuyable divines and whatnot, but hopefully with free trade, when a new item comes out and it's good, it's obtainable if you have the money.

Yes, but in the short term (few months at least), the prices on the armor will be absurdly high. There just isn't nearly enough coming into the game to supply all of the ultra-rich players who want it.

Expecting ely/div to drop significantly in the long run due to new corp teleport (games necklace)

I was discussing this with some people and thought of something- items dropped at corp will now be instantly lootable by teammates, meaning that the new teleport will have very little bearing on how safe your items are on death. Either your team is trustworthy and gives your stuff back, or they aren't and you lose it regardless of how fast you can leg it back to the corp lair.

If anything, forum corp teams will become less popular now that you can't be guaranteed to get your stuff back unless you're with good friends.

I was discussing this with some people and thought of something- items dropped at corp will now be instantly lootable by teammates, meaning that the new teleport will have very little bearing on how safe your items are on death. Either your team is trustworthy and gives your stuff back, or they aren't and you lose it regardless of how fast you can leg it back to the corp lair.

If anything, forum corp teams will become less popular now that you can't be guaranteed to get your stuff back unless you're with good friends.

Most of the stuff people lose at corp on death are not tradeable anyways, though. Berserker Ring (i), Fire Cape / Ardougne Cloak 3, Void, etc.

Most of the stuff people lose at corp on death are not tradeable anyways, though. Berserker Ring (i), Fire Cape / Ardougne Cloak 3, Void, etc.

Karil's is the only major loss of a smart setup. My four items are spear, BGS, fury, and onyx (i); losing Karil's, d boots, nezzy, barrows gloves, and ardougne cloak. Out of those, all the major losses are tradable. Most people who don't have access to onyx/zerker (i) use plain zerker, also tradable.

Jagex has nowhere stated that it will happen like that.

If you die in the wilderness there will be no gravestone. At all. If you were killed by a player, they get the drop. If you were killed by monster, the drop appears for everyone immediately.

Some areas of the wilderness are still PK free (like the original mage arena). In those areas AND in the rest of the game, a gravestone will appear and exist just as they do today. The gravestone can still be blessed and maintained by other players. A player returning to their gravestone will be able to reclaim all their lost items.

Rules for if you have a gravestone- after it goes away, everyone can get your stuff.

Rules for if you have no gravestone- everyone gets your stuff immediately.

Corp doesn't allow gravestones, and there don't seem to be provisions for ways to die and lose stuff but not for players to then take it. We pretty much have the new death mechanics laid out here.

Rules in wildy: you have no gravestone, people kill you, they get your items. You drop items, people see them instantly

Rules in non wildy: you have a gravestones. If you drop items, people can not see them instantly.

Who said dieing in corp isn't the same as dropping items? (ie, non visible for minute or so)

Rules in wildy: you have no gravestone, people kill you, they get your items. You drop items, people see them instantly

Rules in non wildy: you have a gravestones. If you drop items, people can not see them instantly.

Who said dieing in corp isn't the same as dropping items? (ie, non visible for minute or so)

We really can't know. Corp is the only non-instanced place I know of (other than bh/pvp worlds) in which you don't get a gravestone, so this could be an exception to the instant dropping rule.

lalalasig2.png