3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Trust me, you don't want edibles right now.

Would you suggest getting one after free trade comes out? And anyone got any estimates on prices?

Why would you buy an edible? Wait for free trade, and see how many halloweens you can get. Maybe even a set? Maybe even a set plus santa?

punitivedsig.png

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random question to anyone who has a Nex piece:

If you wield your armor, eat normal food, then take off your armor, does your LP stay above 990 and your max LP go to 990 (like a normal person drinking a brew - 1190/990) or does it just go to 990/990

If the latter, what if you drink a brew (not normal food) and then take off your armor?

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Um -- has the GE not updated today? :unsure:

Not yet. :-| It should update soon... maybe in two hours (based on the longest GE update time).

If you wield your armor, eat normal food, then take off your armor, does your LP stay above 990 and your max LP go to 990 (like a normal person drinking a brew - 1190/990) or does it just go to 990/990

If the latter, what if you drink a brew (not normal food) and then take off your armor?

I'm not sure if this is of any help, but I'm pretty sure KBase says the latter (it goes back to 990/990 instantly). Not sure about if you brew though.

Nice :thumbup:

Not selling instantly at max means reds are already on the brink of heading lower. You got lucky.

If you want a red, it wouldn't be such a bad idea to buy them when they hit min at GE, though it's extremely possible you could get a better deal when free trade comes out. Buying max is just a waste of a perfectly good 12m regardless of how you look at it, though, because once a partyhat hits max in GE it WILL hit min pretty soon after.

Reds are bought out again (unanswered offers of 100m risings + cash for 1, 200m cash + ge for 2 with free trade), and greens aren't going for masks + cash anymore.

lalalasig2.png

I'm not sure if this is of any help, but I'm pretty sure KBase says the latter (it goes back to 990/990 instantly). Not sure about if you brew though.

If you use hp cape to boost to 100/99, your lp goes to 1000. I think it slowly restored back but I'm not sure because it was a while ago.

You probably have a hp cape so it's easy to check.

Nice :thumbup:

Not selling instantly at max means reds are already on the brink of heading lower. You got lucky.

If you want a red, it wouldn't be such a bad idea to buy them when they hit min at GE, though it's extremely possible you could get a better deal when free trade comes out. Buying max is just a waste of a perfectly good 12m regardless of how you look at it, though, because once a partyhat hits max in GE it WILL hit min pretty soon after.

Reds are bought out again (unanswered offers of 100m risings + cash for 1, 200m cash + ge for 2 with free trade), and greens aren't going for masks + cash anymore.

Ah, but they did hit min first for a little while :P

Anyway, I see this is a small interest spike, as a lot of people really like reds and jumped at the chance to buy them in GE. After those people are satisfied I wouldn't be surprised if it recrashed again, if not before ft then after.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

If you use hp cape to boost to 100/99, your lp goes to 1000. I think it slowly restored back but I'm not sure because it was a while ago.

I don't know how it works for LP-boosting gear, but for hp cape, it simply gives +1 LP. Under the old system where HP = LP, that +1 would mean 100/99 hp. Nowdays, it comes out to be 991/990 LP. Personally, I think the reasoning behind it is just lazy coding (not that it matters much, +10 LP is very insignificant, and in any case, there are more useful capes to wear other than hp cape).

Capt_Davy.png AbandonnedHeroKeyer25.png

I don't know how it works for LP-boosting gear, but for hp cape, it simply gives +1 LP. Under the old system where HP = LP, that +1 would mean 100/99 hp. Nowdays, it comes out to be 991/990 LP. Personally, I think the reasoning behind it is just lazy coding (not that it matters much, +10 LP is very insignificant, and in any case, there are more useful capes to wear other than hp cape).

It still boosts hitpoints I think(and slowly goes up to 1k/990)

Also I never said hp cape was good, but that i think it works the same as torva, so he could check his theory.

Trust me, you don't want edibles right now.

Would you suggest getting one after free trade comes out? And anyone got any estimates on prices?

Why would you buy an edible? Wait for free trade, and see how many halloweens you can get. Maybe even a set? Maybe even a set plus santa?

Okay thank you :) I'll just spend the rest of my time trying to earn some more money.

I still maintain that my plan was less risky, considering the pattern we had seen. I also doubt this is the end of red crashing. Crashing items often have little peaks on their way down.

I am sorry that it didn't work out like I thought, though.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I still maintain that my plan was less risky, considering the pattern we had seen. I also doubt this is the end of red crashing. Crashing items often have little peaks on their way down.

Red is still hanging around near max ge. Tons are selling in the ge, which means ge price will rise. The rising ge will eventually force it below mid. You'll get a chance to buy the red back. Right now it's being supported by those who liquidated lowers and are trading up. Not sure how much of that is out there. Right now, it looks to me like the merchers still are selling and stockpiling cash, which I see as a downward indicator.

punitivedsig.png

Meh, I decided to not care anymore and bought a green for min. Was always planning to get that one so yeah. Might lost money on it, but this time I'm planning to keep it, and it's still only a 15m upgrade from my yellow, so I'm fine with it.

What are the lower hats going for right now? And how low do you think they'll dip right after free trade (assuming they do, which I think they will)?

Right now I've got ~270M and my brother said he would give me 80M from his account that he quit years ago so I'll have 350M to work with. Does anyone think I'll be able to snag a yellow or green with that? I'd prefer green to go with my outfit, or yellow because I like the colour. Purple is meh and I may consider getting one if it's all I can get a hold of.

Red is still hanging around near max ge. Tons are selling in the ge, which means ge price will rise. The rising ge will eventually force it below mid. You'll get a chance to buy the red back. Right now it's being supported by those who liquidated lowers and are trading up. Not sure how much of that is out there. Right now, it looks to me like the merchers still are selling and stockpiling cash, which I see as a downward indicator.

Actually from what I've read, 5-10 seconds offers haven't filled yet on reds. So no, tons are not being sold right now. And they rising so fast because there are so many offers in. Sure they might crash again, but I really don't feel like competing with every single cashed out player come free trade.

But for the record, reds are a very strong max atm. Might as well call it bought-out for the time being if slower snipe offers aren't filling.

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

How do Santas and Masks look? And will probably stable around the 30-50m mark come FT correct?

Edit: Also, what is Ely and Purp at atm?

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

I expect ely to stablize at 425-450M by the end of FT day 1. Current offers are around 375-390M on day of FT.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I expect ely to stablize at 425-450M by the end of FT day 1. Current offers are around 375-390M on day of FT.

Seems that the confidence is recovering then. When all phats where crashing (2 days ago), people were guessing purple at 300-250 m and ely at 200-300m. I think you could've scored some deals these days, liquidating eggs and whatnot. (unless eggs suddenly gain trust too, but I don't see that happening)

Seems that the confidence is recovering then. When all phats where crashing (2 days ago), people were guessing purple at 300-250 m and ely at 200-300m. I think you could've scored some deals these days, liquidating eggs and whatnot. (unless eggs suddenly gain trust too, but I don't see that happening)

That's the huge problem with junk trading... I definitely would have taken advantage of cheap elys had I had the junk to do so.

sigcopyaf.png

Just rebought yellow for 35m junk + Cash.

Some thought I overpaid, but I was on w2 for a bit, and one guy was buying for 50m junk + cash and didn't get one for the entire hour or so i was there for, so seems like Yellows may be recovering quite quickly, though we shall see in due time.

I have a strange feeling that Phats during FT will be roughly their "Suggested price" within a couple weeks of release, which I hope I am right lol.