3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Nice :thumbup:

Not selling instantly at max means reds are already on the brink of heading lower. You got lucky.

If you want a red, it wouldn't be such a bad idea to buy them when they hit min at GE, though it's extremely possible you could get a better deal when free trade comes out. Buying max is just a waste of a perfectly good 12m regardless of how you look at it, though, because once a partyhat hits max in GE it WILL hit min pretty soon after.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A common trend is that a lot of people view the crash as a chance to upgrade their hats to higher ones. But what happens when you get to the higher hats? Do people want to sell their whites in GE to try to snipe a blue? Probably not.

lalalasig2.png

Friend and I scouting w2 see whites starting to take a bit of a dive now

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

A common trend is that a lot of people view the crash as a chance to upgrade their hats to higher ones. But what happens when you get to the higher hats? Do people want to sell their whites in GE to try to snipe a blue? Probably not.

And that's why white's street price now is the same as green's street price ~3 weeks ago?

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Yeah, blue is the only hat that looks likely to win the race and still be above GE value at the time of free trade coming out. White will be damn close, everything else is screwed. Will be fascinating to see what kind of value blue will have in free trade.

I pust an offer in for red at min since it will go up next update and min will be lower. I'm not sure though, thinking about just waiting it out and who knows, get a white. I just feel I'm not the only one. Every time a hat crashes, there's more people going for the next one. However, these people might be a minority, but they are for sure the most vocal on the RSOF.

The kind of people who snipe hats everyone knows are about to crash are also the kind to shout about their merching plans on the RSOF. Not overly surprising.

I know Divine has gone up in value recently, but is it still rising? Or are just partyhat's lowerin and matching Divine's price as they go? Or both?

Also, given the choice between a White Phat or a Divine, irrelevant of current value, which would be a better choice you figure? Obviously Making money would be easier with Divine, but it's only gone up as a result of Nex mostly, whereas Partyhats will eventually, as always, rebound. Question is when

I know Divine has gone up in value recently, but is it still rising? Or are just partyhat's lowerin and matching Divine's price as they go? Or both?

Also, given the choice between a White Phat or a Divine, irrelevant of current value, which would be a better choice you figure? Obviously Making money would be easier with Divine, but it's only gone up as a result of Nex mostly, whereas Partyhats will eventually, as always, rebound. Question is when

I don't think divine has done much rising if any- the vast majority of this has been partyhat values dropping, and thus divine having a stronger trading value in comparison.

As for white vs. divine, it depends on how long term you're talking. If you were going to buy something and walk away for a year, my choice would certainly be a white. However, in the short term divine is almost certainly the better option, especially if you're an active monster hunter who can actually put the divine to use as well as keeping it as an investment.

I'm keeping a divine because I like it and it's a lot less risky than partyhats at this point. Also, if in a few months white is like 200m over a divine, big deal- I've already made like 80m in drops with the divine since I bailed on a red for it a few weeks ago. That's the problem with partyhats- they're PURELY investments and beyond that are worthless, so you've tied up 500m+ in something you can't use.

I don't think divine has done much rising if any- the vast majority of this has been partyhat values dropping, and thus divine having a stronger trading value in comparison.

As for white vs. divine, it depends on how long term you're talking. If you were going to buy something and walk away for a year, my choice would certainly be a white. However, in the short term divine is almost certainly the better option, especially if you're an active monster hunter who can actually put the divine to use as well as keeping it as an investment.

I'm keeping a divine because I like it and it's a lot less risky than partyhats at this point. Also, if in a few months white is like 200m over a divine, big deal- I've already made like 80m in drops with the divine since I bailed on a red for it a few weeks ago. That's the problem with partyhats- they're PURELY investments and beyond that are worthless, so you've tied up 500m+ in something you can't use.

It wouldn't be tying up any money I currently possess as I would be getting a white for free when trade hits from a friend to replace the one that was taken from me years ago. My dilemma is more of a moral one than an investment one. Do I want to trade off a gift from a friend and get a shield, or keep the hat and be no worse off than before... Divine would arguably make me far more money, but the whole friendship bulls***. It's something I have to ponder.

110124165610.png

I know I should of probably waited for it to go down a bit more

But, I'm happy to have my red back, took around 10 minutes for it to buy at max.

Probably going for min now,

Might be a bad decision.

But if it drops 300m+.

I don't really care :)

dancewithmeonplastictea.png

"You're nothing if,

You're just another."

2/19

Reds now take over 2 hours to buy max. (And from reports are getting stronger by the second) Either way though, when all is said and done, I absolutely will have a partyhat set. Right now I have a blue, white, and 2 reds. Tomorrow I'll either buy 2 more reds if they crash again, or 2 greens if they don't. At this point I'm not waiting. I'm just so happy to be done with possibly my biggest RS goal.

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

Haha, I knew those PHATS weren't worth 1b GP, just since a minority of people owned them, they can put any price they want on them, GF greedy manipulators/merchers

Clearly a reply by someone unaware of the market. Do you think this crash would be happening if free trade wasn't coming? Kind of hard to put 1 and 1 together...

I was just saying that 10b street price for a Blue Phat is ridiculous and was only that much because the lack of the phat price being a to fluctuate. Which led to hoarders/manipulators, basically Phats were like a never ending manipulation item, because they updated so slowly and had limited quantity. Also, considering it would be impossible to trade 10B GP for a blue phat with or without the trade limit. If there wasn't free trade they would most likely still be rising, and of course they'll always be rising, but on a free market, I don't think a blue Phat rareness has achieved 10B.

Under the old market climate, a blue partyhat was absolutely worth 10b+ street price. Under the new(upcoming) market climate, the prices can't be compared, as the items have different functions. That's basically what people need to understand.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.