3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Wow! The partyhat market is going craaaaaaazy. I expect green to last at least one update, but it already crashed overnight. People are really losing trust. I don't see red holding it out. Actually, people might lose faith completely and red might crash faster than we think (in 1-2 days). People are already selling it for risings. Heck, even white might not be safe.

That being said, now I missed green's pick, I'm not gonna bother dumping. I think it shouldn't be much lower when it stabilizes after free trade so yeah. Like the color a lot too (farming cape + green, wupwup)

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't imagine what the set will be worth.

I'm assuming by the time FT arrives, there will still be some degree of "street" value to items worth more than the allowed 2.47B limit.

My friend believes the exact same thing. I also think he has the right idea that maybe pumpkins and easters will be that street again. They are rare, low in "GE" price so you can add that to remainder of max cash. And come up a trade that is worth 2.1b+. Just food for thought.

That being said, now I missed green's pick, I'm not gonna bother dumping. I think it shouldn't be much lower when it stabilizes after free trade so yeah. Like the color a lot too (farming cape + green, wupwup)

The biggest redeeming factor i see with partyhats (and especially ely spirit shields) is they are entering a new market. And by new market i mean a lower tier in price. Instead of being unbuyable we will see some average runescapers now willing to spend money on a hat with the intentions of keeping it or the mentality of buying it as a really long term investment.

I see elys having a small possible spike in demand right after free trade due to their likeliness of becoming accessible to a much larger group of people (a lot of people seem to plan on picking up an ely after free trade)

Also the green and farming cape look awesome together, congrats :thumbsup:

jpegsigtest.jpg

The biggest redeeming factor i see with partyhats (and especially ely spirit shields) is they are entering a new market. And by new market i mean a lower tier in price. Instead of being unbuyable we will see some average runescapers now willing to spend money on a hat with the intentions of keeping it or the mentality of buying it as a really long term investment.

I see elys having a small possible spike in demand right after free trade due to their likeliness of becoming accessible to a much larger group of people (a lot of people seem to plan on picking up an ely after free trade)

Also the green and farming cape look awesome together, congrats :thumbsup:

Lol, where did you see me?

Anyway, more wild paryhat news:

I wasnt intending to sell the green, but when I found out even Sturm sold his green, I decided to see if it sold in the GE (right after the recent update). It sold within 2 minutes, and right now Win All Day is buying greens for med. So yeah, sold at the wrong moment, they are recovering for now. However, with 9 more days till free trade, I don't see green holding it out. It's pretty normal it's struggling more than yellow and purple.

Can't imagine what the set will be worth.

I'm assuming by the time FT arrives, there will still be some degree of "street" value to items worth more than the allowed 2.47B limit.

My friend believes the exact same thing. I also think he has the right idea that maybe pumpkins and easters will be that street again. They are rare, low in "GE" price so you can add that to remainder of max cash. And come up a trade that is worth 2.1b+. Just food for thought.

Firstly, there definitely won't be any items above 2.1b for a while. Secondly, items can't have long time street price any more- if the items are traded, their trade price will affect the mid price, thus correcting itself automatically. Sure, there will be items that have an incorrect price in the system, but with all ge trades, those items will be corrected. There is no particular reason any existing item would carry the street cow, and unless there are items worth above max ge, there is no reason to discuss this(and i'm ~95% sure cracker will be ~<1.5b in FT, maybe less). Added to that, because crackers are so rare and almost never traded, this really won't be an issue for those players.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Wouldn't one expect Divine to Drop anyways, considering with free trade, a group of 4 friends who all trust each other can pool all their money together and just share the shield? Even if only two players did it, You're likely to not always be using the shield, and can trade it off when you're not using it to your friend. I can see that driving down prices, as the need for your own divine would not be as important.

Wouldn't one expect Divine to Drop anyways, considering with free trade, a group of 4 friends who all trust each other can pool all their money together and just share the shield? Even if only two players did it, You're likely to not always be using the shield, and can trade it off when you're not using it to your friend. I can see that driving down prices, as the need for your own divine would not be as important.

That is way too impractical.

EDIT: let me rephrase it. It might be practical in theory, but in reality, people want to really own an item. I bet half of the divine owners has one partly to show off to and just wears it whenever he walks around. Can't do that with your practical solution. Maybe a few hardcore MH'ers who are not rich enough yet will do this untill they can afford one themselves, but that effect will be very very very minor. Lastly, you need a few thrustworthy friends

So yeah, lots of reqs:

Have cash, but not enough for a divine for yourself

Be trustworthy

MH a lot

Dont have an ego so big that you don't like sharing

Seriously doubt this would have any realistic effect on the price of the shield. I haven't heard of many people doing such deals, and the sheer risk would lead me to believe it wouldn't be an exceptionally popular option. I wouldn't recommend for anyone to do such deals, it's just not worth the risk. Also, you think about it logically: people, that would otherwise be unable to buy the shield buying them, as the demand would increase, so should the price.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I know individuals who share their divine within a clan setting with people they have known for many years but they didn't pool their resources to obtain it. They also use cash to balance the trade to bypass any street that it took to obtain it in the past. I agree with 0xpx0 though that it won't really change the price of divines alone.

Low_C.png

people, that would otherwise be unable to buy the shield buying them, as the demand would increase, so should the price.

This is what I was going to say. Increase in demand = decrease in price lolwut?

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

byegreenhat.png

Greens crashed and are worth ~100m below it's market price. Idk if this was a good move or not (since masks are almost 100% junk) but the cash

allows me to have a chance of sniping a red. And if that falls too, oh well. :thumbsup:

yeah, ive held on to my rares way too long, what do you think is a better plan, dump 2 santas + mask now, and try for a phat, or hold on til after free trade?

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

redpartyhatx.png

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: GOD I LOVE YOU GE

Glad I ditched mine with some junk for a divine, even though it was less than it was worth at the time. I had a feeling this would happen :thumbsup:

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Yeah, I love all the people who still think sniping hats is a good idea.

Hey look, purple became buyable at max at then crashed!

Hey look, yellow became buyable at max at then crashed!

Hey look, green became buyable at max at then crashed!

Hey look, red became buyable at max, LET'S BUY ONE!

^^Yea it's not really worth sniping anything other then blue at this point

Anyone have a rough feel on how much purple is right now and how much you expect it to go for after free trade? Still expecting ~400M after free trade?

300 would be more realistic

Anyone have a rough feel on how much purple is right now and how much you expect it to go for after free trade? Still expecting ~400M after free trade?

300 would be more realistic

This is god damn awesome. I'm sitting on 140M and two red masks, if I can sell those masks before they drop too much maybe I'll get a purple :thumbsup:

Not really optimistic on how red masks will fair in free trade though

yes.png