3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Hmmm, is it possible atm to upgrade my Elysian to a Divine? And what would be required for that? Also, does anyone have any ideas on how much they will differ in price after free trade comes out?

Findolfin || Total 2293 || Combat 138 - 126 || 313 Quest Points

~ Watch out, beasties. Findolfin is here to hunt you

xlbd4x.jpg

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes 190 000 = 190m.

So, I've been following purple and yellow phat a bit last night, and saw purple crashing. Thought about selling my yellow, wanted to wait for GE upate. GE updated during the night, I put in my yellow for max (528m). Doesn't sell... Well, that's enough of an indicator for me. Tried 525m, didn't sell. When I tried 523, it sold for the old max.

yellowphatsold.png

Now let's wait for the opportunity to get a cheap green :-) I'm pretty sure deals can be made when FT comes out. (or the unstable days before it).

PS: first time over 1B cash :o

EDIT: seems like I just chose a bad moment. Half an hour later, people were trying to buy for max and couldn't get it. Right now, yellow seems still safe, and I'm pretty intrigued why my yellow didn't sell max instantly.

You didn't give people time to get their offers in at the new max.

punitivedsig.png

You didn't give people time to get their offers in at the new max.

That isn't possible with partyhats. Merchants normally ge bot and get offers in within 3-5 seconds. Good luck getting that green, bedman. If I get enough money in the next couple months, that's my next hat.

lalalasig2.png

I guess they stopped snipebotting with yellow being so close to being non-bought out.

It's kinda funny though how selling it completely changes your expectations/hopes. Before I sold it I was kinda hoping it would stay strong, now once I sold it, of course I'm hoping it to fully crash. Well yeah, we'll see :-)

I guess they stopped snipebotting with yellow being so close to being non-bought out.

It's kinda funny though how selling it completely changes your expectations/hopes. Before I sold it I was kinda hoping it would stay strong, now once I sold it, of course I'm hoping it to fully crash. Well yeah, we'll see :-)

^This -- there's still excess demand for these things, but the professional snipers aren't targetting them atm. They're probably all trying to snipe reds.

punitivedsig.png

110119063847.png

Was going to wait to sell for awhile to try and get a divine, but that was not happening at all.

So I sold it max a couple hours ago.

Let's hope it wasn't a bad decision, on my part.

dancewithmeonplastictea.png

"You're nothing if,

You're just another."

2/19

Yellows are gone, greens are close. Glad I got rid of my red a while ago, I don't see it faring that well either.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I've noticed the GE update page for "partyhats" indicates that the GE "med price" for Purple, Yellow, Green AND Red have all gone up. Purple's only gone up 2.8, Yellow 4.3, Green 4.9 and Red 4.8.

There's been no movement on White or Blue, yet.

nyuseg.png

a friend is thinking of selling most of his cosmetic items (3a melee, frost mask) and lots of slayer drops to try to get a red. Good idea?

Personally, I say wait for the crash. Some people don't think partyhats higher than green are going to crash, though. It's a gamble either way.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

a friend is thinking of selling most of his cosmetic items (3a melee, frost mask) and lots of slayer drops to try to get a red. Good idea?

Personally, I say wait for the crash. Some people don't think partyhats higher than green are going to crash, though. It's a gamble either way.

For the sake of sounding "stupid" once again -- when you say "crash" are you indicating that this is a crash from the current "street" price, based on the supposedly necessary amounts of combinations of (junk + items + whatever) = (x) phat, or are you predicting that the actual, eventual "GE" suggested price and/or street price after the return of free trade will be substantially less than the actual current "GE" suggested price?

:unsure:

Jesus -- I think I just confused myself ... :blink:

nyuseg.png

For the sake of sounding "stupid" once again -- when you say "crash" are you indicating that this is a crash from the current "street" price, based on the supposedly necessary amounts of combinations of (junk + items + whatever) = (x) phat, or are you predicting that the actual, eventual "GE" suggested price and/or street price after the return of free trade will be substantially less than the actual current "GE" suggested price?

My advise: If he can get it for a price that he couldn't before, then get it. This is especially so if he wants it to keep. In the very long run, he won't be sorry.

punitivedsig.png

I mean it'll be worth significantly less than its street implies now. GE phat prices are completely arbitrary, so saying whether or not it will crash below that point is tough to say, especially once free trade comes out and does away with any economic significance passing med price would have.

This assuming it will crash at all, which I think it will, but it may not.

I mean it'll be worth significantly less than its street implies now. GE phat prices are completely arbitrary, so saying whether or not it will crash below that point is tough to say, especially once free trade comes out and does away with any economic significance passing med price would have.

This assuming it will crash at all, which I think it will, but it may not.

Ok -- but if people keep buying "x phat" at GE max or med price now, won't it go up in "cash" value?

nyuseg.png

Ok -- but if people keep buying "x phat" at GE max or med price now, won't it go up in "cash" value?

Yeah, its trade price will go up as people buy them at max. That only has significance for another 12 days, though.

Yeah, its trade price will go up as people buy them at max. That only has significance for another 12 days, though.

... and then all bets are off, I see ...

:mellow:

nyuseg.png

It's funny how while all of this has been happening, santa hats have remained stable around 60M (would have expected pure chaos everywhere in the rares market with partyhats crashing). But then again those did already fall 40%. If green becomes buyable in the GE, I'm definitely taking one. :)

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

Interesting how torva pieces updated twice in GE already while pernix and virtus haven't even updated once. Maybe they're on different timers? I've had an offer for pernix body for max since the Nex update. My only hope for getting one would be if the GE updated before free trade comes out, everyone else puts back their offer for max, and a piece gets CS'ed to me. Heh.

Interesting how torva pieces updated twice in GE already while pernix and virtus haven't even updated once. Maybe they're on different timers? I've had an offer for pernix body for max since the Nex update. My only hope for getting one would be if the GE updated before free trade comes out, everyone else puts back their offer for max, and a piece gets CS'ed to me. Heh.

Ironically, Pernix is probably more in-demand than Torva. There's only really one place where Torva would be worth its cost to use and that's solo Bandos, but Pernix would help immensely at Kree'Arra, Corp, and Nex. Everywhere else, Torva is just overkill since with plain ol' Bandos you can still stay at any of the other GWD bosses in a duo/trio for as long as you have familiars/pray pots. Healing really isn't an issue.

td2sig.jpg

Ironically, Pernix is probably more in-demand than Torva. There's only really one place where Torva would be worth its cost to use and that's solo Bandos, but Pernix would help immensely at Kree'Arra, Corp, and Nex. Everywhere else, Torva is just overkill since with plain ol' Bandos you can still stay at any of the other GWD bosses in a duo/trio for as long as you have familiars/pray pots. Healing really isn't an issue.

Torva would also be really good for Sara and Zammy solos with divine (you use melee armor and mage prayer for both of them). But yeah, as far as mainstream boss strategies, Pernix is a lot more useful than Torva.

Torva would also be really good for Sara and Zammy solos with divine (you use melee armor and mage prayer for both of them). But yeah, as far as mainstream boss strategies, Pernix is a lot more useful than Torva.

Zammy solo is a wonderful waste of resources, since the best drop is a paltry ~15m. Sara Solo is viable, though. I also thought I'd mention that in the case of GWD solos, you'd best do it NOW if you want to because after Free Trade comes out the non-LS worlds will likely be as packed as the LS ones. Trusted friends will start camping the non-LS worlds and just splitting the GP after they sell the items, as was done before LS existed.

td2sig.jpg