3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Personally, I think the value of discontinued items will increase as time goes on as they'll become more rare. The amount of coins entering or leaving the game could affect this, though.

As for spirit shields, their value will probably increase as the rarity decreases and the Torva armour is added.

3rd age sucks. Soon, people will realise that. Therefore, decrease in price.

That's just what I think, though. :)

Wait, spirit shield value will increase as they become more common? :unsure:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think the value of discontinued items will increase as time goes on as they'll become more rare. The amount of coins entering or leaving the game could affect this, though.

As for spirit shields, their value will probably increase as the rarity decreases and the Torva armour is added.

Some people will probably buy a spirit shield to use as gear to fight the new boss. Or perhaps that was a typo by him lol

jpegsigtest.jpg

He/she is probably referring to the fact that Nex will be the substitute boss, instead of the Corporeal Beast. However, this ignores any possibility that there will be less Divines lost from PvP, although, not many people pk with Divines anyway (at least, from the last time I pk'd)

He/she is probably referring to the fact that Nex will be the substitute boss, instead of the Corporeal Beast. However, this ignores any possibility that there will be less Divines lost from PvP, although, not many people pk with Divines anyway (at least, from the last time I pk'd)

Divines lost to PKing was about as common as partyhats lost to PKing.

Maybe less, because if you're using a divine you can go to +1 and basically always keep it.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

If anything, Divine's will be lost more often with new PKing. I bet a bunch of these guys will forget that you actually have to use protect item now... Or get smited out, or that one exploit clans did before... Piling a guy with smite while his other team heals other him so essentially wipe out his prayer.

If anything, Divine's will be lost more often with new PKing. I bet a bunch of these guys will forget that you actually have to use protect item now... Or get smited out, or that one exploit clans did before... Piling a guy with smite while his other team heals other him so essentially wipe out his prayer.

But the difference is that the Divine will go to one of the PKers, instead of being destroyed.

td2sig.jpg

Yeah, but they won't disappear. His point was divines being LOST in PvP, as in, one guy loses it and nobody gets it.

Ninja'd

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

So this is slightly off the current topic of the thread, but say for example i had a lot of cash, what would be the best route for me to take to owning a party hat? I've read around a bit and it seems that they are buyable around now.

screenshot041aoj0.jpg

So this is slightly off the current topic of the thread, but say for example i had a lot of cash, what would be the best route for me to take to owning a party hat? I've read around a bit and it seems that they are buyable around now.

Wait for free trade, and see what prices are then.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

[hide]

This real?

And now we are talking about it:

This real?

If not, who is the richest known player then?

I know Krimandy has around 75B worth, Chessy has like 200B in santa's?

[/hide]

I'm pretty sure PkerTDM isn't authentic as it seems to be. Not because of the 82 crackers,

it's just the lack of audience that makes it kind of suspicious. I mean, wouldn't we have

a word from like everyone that Pkertdm really has all those partyhats and crackers? 'cmon.....

[hide]

Disks went down 305k. :o

They are going to have no use after free trade is back, so they will be dropping quite a bit.

[/hide]

I agree. Edibles will be a PAIN in the butt once free trade comes back simply because nobody's going to

bother with them. I would suggest against buying any edibles at this moment no matter how tempting

the prices are. Once you're stuck with one, you're on your own. lol.

82 crackers could be owned by 2003 mule that jagex didnt catch after duping...i kinda doubt those were merched because i know how hard cracker was to buy even in 2003

According to his other items in bank that looks like noob items belong to someone who is low level without much skills...those 82 crackers could be there but i highly doubt they were obtained legit way.

I seen very low level f2p guy with same kind bank but with 7 crackers only but his bunny ears tell its from classic so they could be legit but most likely muled in rsc days....this kind "super" mules may pop up every now and then and when free trade comes, they can spread those items to market.

if i had 50mill to spend for rares in 2002, i could been bought same amount of phats easily in 1-2 weeks but not crackers because they were still quite rarely sold...

Its still quite surprise how many party hats there is in rs according to amount of crackers picked up from event, isnt it? and as seeing how many phats were left to RSC its insane...almost every RSC veterans has atleast 1 phat there.

[hide]

This real?

[/hide]

This real?

Both of those videos are fake.

I've spent a lot of time watching bank videos and analyzing bank pictures (it's something that interests me) and after a while you can start figuring out the real ones from the fake ones.

A couple of points for each one.

Video #1:

[hide]To begin Fairy Yui shows her skills tab. All combat 99's with 96 summoning (clearly someone who likes combat) but only 94 herblore. If you look in her bank, she has been making a few overloads (18 to be exact) but doing this by using stews. Why use stews when you are rich enough to easily train to level to 96 or 99?

Next she shows us her skill cape tab. 708 prayer hoods????? Why would you spend 70.8 million on prayer hoods???

And finally the actual bank. At today's prices (1/4/11), the bank is worth over 342.7 BILLION with nearly 325.3 BILLION in rares alone. The distribution of valuable items to normal items is a dead give away. Normal items are seen in normal quantities (almost "poor-like") while the 35 valuable items (rares, armors, weapons) are represented in ridiculous amounts. Usually real rich people have their wealth scattered throughout their bank in useful items/rares/merchanting junk/etc.

If Fairy Yui really has 6 crackers, then why use the golden cracker as the tab item for the rares tab?

Why does she never show the cash pile tab (if she is trying to show off wealth in the video)? Why does she just right click on the max cash pile in her inventory but never chooses to examine it? Most rich people like showing that their cash pile doesn't fit in their bank by banking and withdrawing what they can.[/hide]

Video #2:

[hide]Along with this video Pker Tdm has also released several pictures of his bank and crackers. There are various mistakes on the pictures that show that they are fake. However as these mistakes are pointed out he edits/repairs his pictures to make them look more real. The latest version has a stamp of his name at the bottom of the bank interface. I had an older version with more mistakes in it but I recently deleted it while cleaning up my computer. But the newest pictures still have errors in them which I can show.

The main mistake is in the alignment of the 2's in the bank (this error was discovered by another Tip.er, not myself). Here is a picture showing the discrepancy.

fakebank.png

There is also a missing pixel but I am keeping that secret for now so that it can't be fixed ;)

An earlier (but fixed mistake) was an extra space beween the 1 and 2 of the green phat.[/hide]

Real rich players tend to have more "normal" looking banks (banks with items that make sense).

[hide]

This real?

[/hide]

This real?

I've spent a lot of time watching bank videos and analyzing bank pictures (it's something that interests me) and after a while you can start figuring out the real ones from the fake ones.

Video #1:

To begin Fairy Yui shows her skills tab. All combat 99's with 96 summoning (clearly someone who likes combat) but only 94 herblore. If you look in her bank, she has been making a few overloads (18 to be exact) but doing this by using stews. Why use stews when you are rich enough to easily train to level to 96 or 99?

That is no argument that it's fake lol

Next she shows us her skill cape tab. 708 prayer hoods????? Why would you spend 70.8 million on prayer hoods???

She has ~20 pk videos, with prayer capes on in most of them. Do your research.

And finally the actual bank. At today's prices (1/4/11), the bank is worth over 342.7 BILLION with nearly 325.3 BILLION in rares alone. The distribution of valuable items to normal items is a dead give away. Normal items are seen in normal quantities (almost "poor-like") while the 35 valuable items (rares, armors, weapons) are represented in ridiculous amounts. Usually real rich people have their wealth scattered throughout their bank in useful items/rares/merchanting junk/etc.

Yes, USUALLY, that doesn't mean everyone. Just because she's abnormal in her distribution of wealth, doesn't mean it's fake.

If Fairy Yui really has 6 crackers, then why use the golden cracker as the tab item for the rares tab?

Why not? Not an argument that it's fake either.

Why does she never show the cash pile tab (if she is trying to show off wealth in the video)?

Might have forgotten it - it's still not a good enough argument.

Why does she just right click on the max cash pile in her inventory but never chooses to examine it?

Is there like a set of rules every person who makes a bank video has to follow?

Most rich people like showing that their cash pile doesn't fit in their bank by banking and withdrawing what they can.

Again, MOST people, not everyone.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

[hide]

This real?

[/hide]

This real?

Video #1:

To begin Fairy Yui shows her skills tab. All combat 99's with 96 summoning (clearly someone who likes combat) but only 94 herblore. If you look in her bank, she has been making a few overloads (18 to be exact) but doing this by using stews. Why use stews when you are rich enough to easily train to level to 96 or 99?

Yes, USUALLY, that doesn't mean everyone. Just because she's abnormal in her distribution of wealth, doesn't mean it's fake.

Why does she never show the cash pile tab (if she is trying to show off wealth in the video)?

Why does she just right click on the max cash pile in her inventory but never chooses to examine it?

Most rich people like showing that their cash pile doesn't fit in their bank by banking and withdrawing what they can.

I actually agree with you for once. Terrible arguments throughout

[hide]

This real?

[/hide]

This real?

Video #1:

That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

[hide]

[hide]

This real?

[/hide]

This real?

Video #1:

[/hide]

Lol I think I might have to agree as well. :XD: It didn't sound that good to me either but I posted it anyway (that's what happens when you try to formulate an argument at 3 a.m. :rolleyes: ).

Anyway I still believe that the video is not real. Maybe I am wrong. Since I don't have any concrete evidence or proof to disproved it I won't press the issue. But after seeing how easy it is to fake these videos, I take all such claims to extreme wealth with a grain of salt. And this clip just sends up red flags all over the place for me (the logic throughout it seems all wrong, although this is just my personal feelings about it).

On topic: Will the lower rares ever recover to their pre-poll value? I purchased a Santa hat on my nub account for 108M right before the panic. I don't need the money and probably won't play that account for a while anyway. Is it reasonable to believe that the Santa hat will return to the 100M range by next summer/year, if ever?

There's never entering more rares in the game, so the longer you keep them the more likely they are to be very valuable.

There's never entering more rares in the game, so the longer you keep them the more likely they are to be very valuable.

The supply is constant and low, yes, but that's only half of the equation. You have to have the other half, demand, if there is no reason to buy a certain rare it will never become extremely valuable. Before the ge eggs and disks were the lowest on the chain of rares. When free trade was taken away they skyrocketed because people dealing with more sought after rares needed them as bartering tokens, when free trade comes back disks and eggs will once again be useless and much cheaper than any other rare. Unless for some reason free trade gets taken away again there really is no reason why the lower rares will jump.

Even in the days when there were very few valuable items outside of rares the lower rares were never highly sought after. Now we have skills worth pouring hundreds of millions into (Herblore, Prayer) and many expensive armors and weapons to choose from. There are too many other possibilities to use your money on. The only demand for the lower rares will be people only seeking to collect them.

clansig7.gif