3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

I'm interested in getting 75 prayer and an ely, do you think it would be worth it (useful for me), and what price will it drop to after free trade (I'd want to pay 300-350mil for one).

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have opinions on disks? Will they crash completely after the update? Just sniped one a few days ago (see avatar), and I'm planning on keeping it no matter what, because this is a long term purchase (8+ months), but I'm also curious :)

Also, I discussed with some friends, and I'm pretty sure it's in top 5 of the rarest items, competing with wine/cracker/war ships, any estimates on this?

Pumpkin is rarer I thought..

sorry, war ships? what are they?

Does anyone have opinions on disks? Will they crash completely after the update? Just sniped one a few days ago (see avatar), and I'm planning on keeping it no matter what, because this is a long term purchase (8+ months), but I'm also curious :)

Also, I discussed with some friends, and I'm pretty sure it's in top 5 of the rarest items, competing with wine/cracker/war ships, any estimates on this?

sorry, war ships? what are they?

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/War_ship

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Why on earth would pumpkin be rarer?

Pumpkin was released as exactly what it was- a once ever drop of a cool little Halloween treat. It was clearly a cool item for pack rats to hang on to if they were into that sort of thing, an obvious collector's item.

Disk was a pointless, stupid item nobody had any reason to ever stock up on besides random collecting, and it was taken out of the game suddenly. Like half wine, there was nothing remarkable or interesting about it until suddenly you just couldn't get them anymore.

I firmly believe pumpkin is only more valuable because it's more manipulated, and disks will some day overtake them.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I firmly believe pumpkin is only more valuable because it's more manipulated, and disks will some day overtake them.

Well either way they will both be useless when free trade comes back. The only demand for unweildable rares will be the collectors, whereas at the moment it is largely the merchanters. I predict there to be a much smaller demand and a drop in price of Pumps, Half Wines, Easters, and disks. Crackers are something entirely different.

Partyhats and other high demand items will be bought with gold, thus there is no reason to own a pumpkin.

To the guy buying the disk: you can do what you want, but once free trade is back nobody is going to want your item because they are all wanting to get rid of theres.

Stellactic.gif

Well either way they will both be useless when free trade comes back. The only demand for unweildable rares will be the collectors, whereas at the moment it is largely the merchanters. I predict there to be a much smaller demand and a drop in price of Pumps, Half Wines, Easters, and disks. Crackers are something entirely different.

Partyhats and other high demand items will be bought with gold, thus there is no reason to own a pumpkin.

To the guy buying the disk: you can do what you want, but once free trade is back nobody is going to want your item because they are all wanting to get rid of theres.

What, merchants have no use for rare, restricted availability items now?

There'll be a panic, but there's no reason for them to stay down permanently. Unwearables were used to buy partyhats because they had street, not the other way around. Partyhats, of course, are and will continue to be much more expensive.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

krimandy1.png

That's 71.4 billion gold, trade price, in pumpkins alone

And there are a fair amount of players like this.

krimandy1.png

that picture proves neither your point nor refutes his.

krimandy1.png

that picture proves neither your point nor refutes his.

You're implying I was trying to make a point, or refute his. Perhaps stop to think I was merely contributing a picture.

You're implying I was trying to make a point, or refute his. Perhaps stop to think I was merely contributing a picture.

...Cool story, bro?

I'm not sure what my quote and your picture have in common besides both involving pumpkins.

Pumpkin was released as exactly what it was- a once ever drop of a cool little Halloween treat. It was clearly a cool item for pack rats to hang on to if they were into that sort of thing, an obvious collector's item.

Disk was a pointless, stupid item nobody had any reason to ever stock up on besides random collecting, and it was taken out of the game suddenly. Like half wine, there was nothing remarkable or interesting about it until suddenly you just couldn't get them anymore.

Pumpkins were near the best healing foods at the time of their release and were used like crazy actually. A lot of people had a disk, but many quit with them. I'd have to say, as far as tradeable discontinued items go, pumpkins, half wines, and crackers are the three rarest. Pumpkin being because it's the oldest RS rare. However, disks are for sure up there with pumpkins. Easter eggs on the other hand are no where near those four.

The Krimandy picture:

That has been his goal since he started merchanting. It has taken him years to get up to, number one, that amount of wealth, and number two, obtain that many pumpkins. He was only aided by their street value crash recently and has obtained near 100 of them in the past week or so.

@Bedman:

I highly doubt Jagex will allow overloads, or extremes for that matter, back in PvP. I think they'll remain were they are, considering they are a nice rare herb.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Pumpkins were near the best healing foods at the time of their release and were used like crazy actually. A lot of people had a disk, but many quit with them. I'd have to say, as far as tradeable discontinued items go, pumpkins, half wines, and crackers are the three rarest. Pumpkin being because it's the oldest RS rare. However, disks are for sure up there with pumpkins. Easter eggs on the other hand are no where near those four.

The Krimandy picture:

That has been his goal since he started merchanting. It has taken him years to get up to, number one, that amount of wealth, and number two, obtain that many pumpkins. He was only aided by their street value crash recently and has obtained near 100 of them in the past week or so.

@Bedman:

I highly doubt Jagex will allow overloads, or extremes for that matter, back in PvP. I think they'll remain were they are, considering they are a nice rare herb.

Oh, I understand that pumpkins are still rare for the reason that they were used a lot, but disks were just... it's like if today Jagex just decided, okay, it's impossible to get any more vyrewatch keys. Quick, how many are in your bank?? Oh and by the way there were like 1/10000 as many players as there are now. With that few players all having that little experience in items turning discontinued, the ONLY way disks would have been kept en masse would be people deciding "lol I'ma start a disk collection" and walking back and forth from the dwarf to the bank repeatedly stocking up on these worthless things for no reason other than they look like inside-out jelly doughnuts. Why not bananas? Or pots?

That's my reasoning, anyway. Just such a random item for someone to stock up on versus something like pumpkins, which have a far stronger rationale for someone to decide they want to hang on to, say, 1000 of the things as memorabilia.

...Cool story, bro?

I'm not sure what my quote and your picture have in common besides both involving pumpkins.

I never quoted you or mentioned you anywhere, I was just sharing the picture

You some kind of genius?

Nah man, we just have two smartasses here trying to imply I was saying anything about pumpkins, when in truth I was just sharing a picture of a player with a significant amount of them. I'm not the one spewing memes as retaliation.

Dark times are looming over tif apparently. The meme spouting has increased 10 fold. Kind of hard to avoid.

kazmahalfsize.png

@ Logdotzip

Your caption, "That's 71.4 billion gold, trade price, in pumpkins alone, and there are a fair amount of players like this," implies that pumpkins are far more common then they really are. If you weren't trying to refute me then why have a caption pretty much contrary to what I was saying AND quote me. I'm not implying that you were saying something about pumpkins, I'm quoting you saying it. There is a screenshots thread for sharing, you are trying to argue something here using a picture. The problem is a picture like that uses inductive reasoning as a logical fallacy. It's the fallacy of taking one isolated incident and using it to create a generalization. You thinking that you could do that and get away with it, and then straight up lying when people caught on pretty much betrays your level of intelligence. Whatever.

notevenmadf.jpg

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

...Cool story, bro?

I never quoted you or mentioned you anywhere, I was just sharing the picture

You some kind of genius?

I apologize profusely for my typo. I clearly meant "the" quote. Not sure how my brain decided to type "my" but there you go.

Nah man, we just have two smartasses here trying to ***imply*** I was saying anything about pumpkins, when in truth I was just sharing a picture of a player with a significant amount of them. I'm not the one spewing memes as retaliation.

*Infer. If you are going to be a smart ass, at least use the right word. :D

Divine seems to be doing far better then it has been in the past few months, but ely is crashing hard, around 400m street, but that is in part due to panic over junk. I believe that non-wearable rares will actually be worth less then they currently are in GE within a few months. Part of their current demand is due to their use as upgrading tools, bargaining chips.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Has anyone thought about what will happen to rares when Jagex says "Okay, so the vote was unanimous so we will go back and slowly start changing wilderness related activities. Once we're done that in 3 months, then we'll reinstate free trade and old PKing." Because honestly, it's not going be be as quick as a simple flip of the switch and BAM free trade. Jagex has to overhaul a lot of things like becons and clues. I very highly doubt they'll update and ask questions later, and with Jagex's tendancy to take a while it certainly won't be instant.

And while I'm at it, what do you think will happen to the GE? Will they just remove the price restrictions? Or will they actually remake it?

I would hope, but is there a way to update prices frequently enough to match the often times fickle prices from free trade? It wasn't uncommon to see a rare item go up as much as 5 - 10 million or more in a single day, then drop back down less than a day later. How often would the GE have to update to be able to maintain a close relation to the current price on an item that is very volatile, and would something like that even be feasible?

I would hope, but is there a way to update prices frequently enough to match the often times fickle prices from free trade? It wasn't uncommon to see a rare item go up as much as 5 - 10 million or more in a single day, then drop back down less than a day later. How often would the GE have to update to be able to maintain a close relation to the current price on an item that is very volatile, and would something like that even be feasible?

It wouldn't matter if the price caps were removed from the GE. The recommended price might be under but the market would still be able to function at a much more fluid rate. This is because the GE medium price would no need to match the street price for people to buy and sell at street price.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Has anyone thought about what will happen to rares when Jagex says "Okay, so the vote was unanimous so we will go back and slowly start changing wilderness related activities. Once we're done that in 3 months, then we'll reinstate free trade and old PKing." Because honestly, it's not going be be as quick as a simple flip of the switch and BAM free trade. Jagex has to overhaul a lot of things like becons and clues. I very highly doubt they'll update and ask questions later, and with Jagex's tendancy to take a while it certainly won't be instant.

And while I'm at it, what do you think will happen to the GE? Will they just remove the price restrictions? Or will they actually remake it?

They also have to make all kind of safety things, so people standing in wildy loging in after the update don't get pk d, they should be teled out or something like that.

I wonder what sign we get now if we tele to wildy :P

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.