3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Why the heck is purple worth more than yellow and green?

I'd assume that's just because there are more purples in the game, so more are being sold on the GE. (Based on the fact that Pinks were the most duped phat)

Spaz4010.png

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats only in GE. Purple updates more often, since its the lower phat, and as such rises more. Same reason ely would have passed divine had they both continued as they were.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Thats only in GE. Purple updates more often, since its the lower phat, and as such rises more. Same reason ely would have passed divine had they both continued as they were.

I think, looking that only torva legs/plate and the new bow updated of the new items, it's somewhat of proof that the more offers there are in the ge, the more likely the item is to update. Thus, because most people know purple has the lowest street at is easiest to get, there are most max offers for purple, thus it updates more often.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

This real?

And now we are talking about it:

This real?

If not, who is the richest known player then?

I know Krimandy has around 75B worth, Chessy has like 200B in santa's?

Who the heck has 80 something Christmas crackers? I don't think they are that many in existence right now...

Ecruteak.png
Ecruteak.png

Ecruteak.png

RuneCrafting addict 

Divination addict

[hide]

This real?

And now we are talking about it:

This real?

If not, who is the richest known player then?

I know Krimandy has around 75B worth, Chessy has like 200B in santa's?

Who the heck has 80 something Christmas crackers? I don't think they are that many in existence right now...

[/hide]

If that's your argument for the video being fake, then that's just silly. A collector from Rsc who loved random things would have 80 odd crackers, when Phats were worthless but Rune armour was worth millions at the time (which you can get from the cracker, amusingly)

Have some of the more world two-like people knowledge of the prices Torva/Pernix/Virtus go for?

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Not much since the drops aren't exclusive from Nex. It's also purely cosmetic so really nobody's going to look for them.

I don't see them going for any rares specifically so you might have to trade a couple of people to see what it's worth.

Have some of the more world two-like people knowledge of the prices Torva/Pernix/Virtus go for?

I got Torva legs the first night, sold them yesterday. Legs + disk (junk) + cash for red partyhat :D

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I'm thinking of saving up money for Torva so I can get a set when it becomes buyable. Anyone want to take a guess if it will be the new divine, unbuyable to all but those willing to trade rares for it, or just have a high price possibly like third age melee?

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I'm thinking of saving up money for Torva so I can get a set when it becomes buyable. Anyone want to take a guess if it will be the new divine, unbuyable to all but those willing to trade rares for it, or just have a high price possibly like third age melee?

I'm assuming it will be cash buyable, not needing rares. From what I hear the drops aren't ultra rare. I think Jagex legitimately wants these armors to change combat, making them available to a larger population than say: divines/elys. I would most definitely wait at least a month or so however.

clansig7.gif

I'm assuming it will be cash buyable, not needing rares. From what I hear the drops aren't ultra rare. I think Jagex legitimately wants these armors to change combat, making them available to a larger population than say: divines/elys. I would most definitely wait at least a month or so however.

I disagree- look at the requirements for this boss. It's all but required to have at least 8 people with 96 summoning, overloads, and spending 200k+ per kill in supplies EACH, wasting 25+ minutes in prep time and then 6+ minutes per kill, only to get 5 kills a trip. These are all people who could easily go to TDs and make 4m per hour instead of doing Nex, and after the novelty wears off a lot of them are going to do just that because Nex is so expensive and time consuming, and it won't be too long before it's difficult to get a team of qualified applicants together.

With that kind of limited supply, these armors are ideal for hoarding. I've already seen a lot of people cashing in partyhats for the armor because they seem to think it's a better option than holding partyhats through free trade coming out. We could easily be looking at something similar to, but slighter cheaper than, the divine spirit shield with every piece of this armor.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

I disagree- look at the requirements for this boss. It's all but required to have at least 8 people with 96 summoning, overloads, and spending 20k+ per kill in supplies EACH, wasting 25+ minutes in prep time and then 6+ minutes per kill, only to get 5 kills a trip. These are all people who could easily go to TDs and make 4m per hour instead of doing Nex, and after the novelty wears off a lot of them are going to do just that because Nex is so expensive and time consuming, and it won't be too long before it's difficult to get a team of qualified applicants together.

With that kind of limited supply, these armors are ideal for hoarding. I've already seen a lot of people cashing in partyhats for the armor because they seem to think it's a better option than holding partyhats through free trade coming out. We could easily be looking at something similar to, but slighter cheaper than, the divine spirit shield with every piece of this armor.

I wasn't aware of the difficulty of the preparation and time required, I was just going by how common the drops seem to be. If that's the case than this is yet another wasted opportunity for a more equal melee system (obviously not a more equal combat triangle.)

clansig7.gif

I wouldn't worry.

The armor isn't that great for the hassle you go through to get it.

Look at splitbark armor. LOL

It will not be expensive, and no one will want it that bad to go through all those hoops.

...Are you kidding? 1399 hp makes you un-koable in PvP and gives you an insane amount of time before you have to brew down in PvM like Bandos solos. The armor is a gigantic advantage, and any high level player is going to want it badly.

I wouldn't worry.

The armor isn't that great for the hassle you go through to get it.

Look at splitbark armor. LOL

It will not be expensive, and no one will want it that bad to go through all those hoops.

...Are you kidding? 1399 hp makes you un-koable in PvP and gives you an insane amount of time before you have to brew down in PvM like Bandos solos. The armor is a gigantic advantage, and any high level player is going to want it badly.

I'm thinking he was trolling, I mean he DID mention splitbark armour.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

I disagree- look at the requirements for this boss. It's all but required to have at least 8 people with 96 summoning, overloads, and spending 200k+ per kill in supplies EACH, wasting 25+ minutes in prep time and then 6+ minutes per kill, only to get 5 kills a trip. These are all people who could easily go to TDs and make 4m per hour instead of doing Nex, and after the novelty wears off a lot of them are going to do just that because Nex is so expensive and time consuming, and it won't be too long before it's difficult to get a team of qualified applicants together.

But these other options like TD have some degree of liability so for instance if people keep milking claws and dragon pieces off them,

it's obvious that they will eventually fall in price to where they aren't very profitable anymore. The difficulty of obtaining Torva armor

and it's incredibly humongous demand will keep 1000s of players hunting Nex until they can get one. With Lootshare introduced, people

just don't seem to care if they'd rather make more profit by doing something else other then hunting a boss to get an item they really want.

It's only been 2 days since the armor was released so of course it's a good idea to hoard and stash in rares to trade them.

This is old news. :rolleyes:

But these other options like TD have some degree of liability so for instance if people keep milking claws and dragon pieces off them,

it's obvious that they will eventually fall in price to where they aren't very profitable anymore. The difficulty of obtaining Torva armor

and it's incredibly humongous demand will keep 1000s of players hunting Nex until they can get one. With Lootshare introduced, people

just don't seem to care if they'd rather make more profit by doing something else other then hunting a boss to get an item they really want.

It's only been 2 days since the armor was released so of course it's a good idea to hoard and stash in rares to trade them.

...I don't see anything here that actually refutes anything I said. Am I missing something?

...I don't see anything here that actually refutes anything I said. Am I missing something?

I do.. sort of. He's saying that because the armor is so desirable, there will always be people doing Nex to try to get it even though it's not terribly profitable. Also, if what you say is true (and I don't doubt it), the armor prices will soar until they hit an "equilibrium" where they become valuable enough to entice new people to start doing Nex again. If Torva hits 500m+ per piece, I'm sure that'd be more than enough to draw a crowd to kill Nex, especially since the drop rates is (at the lowest) around the rates of the other GWD items, and I believe they're actually a little more common than other GWD items.

td2sig.jpg

2santas.jpg

Thoughts? Took awhile to buy at those prices and wont sell at min

My opinion...

Santas dropped a whole lot, but only because once it starts to drop there is no stopping it. People freak out.

The same for the rise. Once people notice they are going back up again, they jump on the bandwagon.

It is risky though, because with free trade coming out in the distant future there will be a fair amount of older players returning with their rares they left dormant. Especially all the old pures with stacks of rares.

Stellactic.gif

The times right now are pretty insecure, with free trade lurking around the corner. Lots of money can be made, but lots can be lost too. I'm personally playing it safe, and keeping most of my stuf fin cash, because of the deflation that is bound to kick in. I might miss out on some deals, but I'm pretty sure that in the long run, I will be fine.

Now, onto the new armour, any of you pro nexers have an idea about the drop rate yet? Apperantly a good six man team should be able to get 0.50 kills per hour per person minimum.

So if we assume a drop rate of 1/100 (for any item), it takes 200 hours to get a pieces. That's quite a huge amount. With these assumptions, every piece should be at least 400m (2m/h figure, but if you use 3 or 4m, the number becomes 600-800m).

If we assume a drop rate of 1/50, every piece should be at least 200m. (400m at 4m/h)

Thoughts?

Now, onto the new armour, any of you pro nexers have an idea about the drop rate yet? Apperantly a good six man team should be able to get 0.50 kills per hour per person minimum.

So if we assume a drop rate of 1/100 (for any item), it takes 200 hours to get a pieces. That's quite a huge amount. With these assumptions, every piece should be at least 400m (2m/h figure, but if you use 3 or 4m, the number becomes 600-800m).

If we assume a drop rate of 1/50, every piece should be at least 200m. (400m at 4m/h)

Thoughts?

I imagine Torva will be a decent amount more than the ranger set(only real use is Nex??) and well, mage set won't probably have that much demand.(comparatively)

If free trade comes around, Torva will probably rocket to crazy heights and the range and mage set will increase a bit. So I wouldn't be surprised if the price for Torva inflates to accommodate the lower value of the range and mage sets. All speculation of course and it's obvious hard to tell at this point...

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada