3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Has anyone thought about what will happen to rares when Jagex says "Okay, so the vote was unanimous so we will go back and slowly start changing wilderness related activities. Once we're done that in 3 months, then we'll reinstate free trade and old PKing." Because honestly, it's not going be be as quick as a simple flip of the switch and BAM free trade. Jagex has to overhaul a lot of things like becons and clues. I very highly doubt they'll update and ask questions later, and with Jagex's tendancy to take a while it certainly won't be instant.

And while I'm at it, what do you think will happen to the GE? Will they just remove the price restrictions? Or will they actually remake it?

They also have to make all kind of safety things, so people standing in wildy loging in after the update don't get pk d, they should be teled out or something like that.

I wonder what sign we get now if we tele to wildy :P

That assumes every world will be how they used to be, which I'm not sure will happen.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hope, but is there a way to update prices frequently enough to match the often times fickle prices from free trade? It wasn't uncommon to see a rare item go up as much as 5 - 10 million or more in a single day, then drop back down less than a day later. How often would the GE have to update to be able to maintain a close relation to the current price on an item that is very volatile, and would something like that even be feasible?

It wouldn't matter if the price caps were removed from the GE. The recommended price might be under but the market would still be able to function at a much more fluid rate. This is because the GE medium price would no need to match the street price for people to buy and sell at street price.

I meant for such activities as Coinshare boss killing. If an item is worth 50 million, but the "medium" price is 35 million. I don't imagine gaps of that amount would be too common at all, but if something like that were to happen, would the players just have to cut it as a 15 million gold loss? Because I'm sure a lot of players would prefer to just coinshare as opposed to getting the drop, selling it, and then splitting it amongst themselves.

Last 2 pages are just full of moaning... Ugh.

Anyway, some noob predictions for you all. (presuming free trade is re-instated, i know it's the kind of sick vote/poll that Jagex will going until April 1st then tell everyone it's a joke)

Santas and H'weens are crashing but i think once free trade is back they'll probably stabilise at about half of the g/e price they were before the poll was announced. I think the market will be very unstable after free trade for a good week or two for these items. Also, before the reintroduction i would expect another rise and another dip. My advice, if you haven't already sold them, don't bother - remember junk will be worthless and the prices will rise again sooner or later.

Also, for super-merchants/hoarders they'll be less money sinks, so these things will be in higher demand.

(typing on phone, need 2nd post, sorry)

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

...I think edibles are more likely to stablise faster, and also be bought out more my hoarders.

I think the half wine and disk will soar in price, since they are unique items, and once again i think they'll be hoarded as much as possible between now and when the market stabilises again as more people realise how rare they are.

As for partyhats i can't really see them selling for cash, imo players will create a new way to increase the value, whether it be items in high demand (ie bonus exp weekends) or rising items - its hard to tell. - But if you had a blue/cracker would you sell it for max cash? Probably not. I think the cash pile is another problem jagex will sort out this year (few ideas - making tokkul tradeable, introducing silver, copper or rune coins, or moving to a 64 bit system somehow) It will be interesting to see if Phats are staked again, which might help the market to move.

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Junk won't be useless, technically... Let's just say those stuck with junk when free trade comes may want to considering gaining some ranks in Mobilizing armies... Or... a lot of ranks.

One GE update would make the item half in value. Plus the fact that Mobilizing armies ranks aren't valued the same as xp

I meant for such activities as Coinshare boss killing. If an item is worth 50 million, but the "medium" price is 35 million. I don't imagine gaps of that amount would be too common at all, but if something like that were to happen, would the players just have to cut it as a 15 million gold loss? Because I'm sure a lot of players would prefer to just coinshare as opposed to getting the drop, selling it, and then splitting it amongst themselves.

If it updates slowly then it updates slowly in both ways so it really doesn't matter in the big picture, or when your smart and trust your teammates slow updates allows you to make more money.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I hope they'll make Coinshare-splits based on the highest bid in the GE at that specific time.

for example, player A has an offer for a set of D claws for 30m, then group B with 3 players will get splits of 30/3 = 10m each when killing a demon that carries a set of claws.

However, if player A is offering 33m, then the same group would receive splits of 33/3 = 11m instead.

Would be a doable solution, IMO.

Rudyaard.png

rudyaard.png

I would hope, but is there a way to update prices frequently enough to match the often times fickle prices from free trade? It wasn't uncommon to see a rare item go up as much as 5 - 10 million or more in a single day, then drop back down less than a day later. How often would the GE have to update to be able to maintain a close relation to the current price on an item that is very volatile, and would something like that even be feasible?

It wouldn't matter if the price caps were removed from the GE. The recommended price might be under but the market would still be able to function at a much more fluid rate. This is because the GE medium price would no need to match the street price for people to buy and sell at street price.

I am sure they are looking at that.

I can think of all kinds of solutions, one of them being like a lent item you must sell before (X time) runs out, if time runs out it is sold for medium to the GE.

That way you get a chance trying to sell the item yourself, the item can then be tried to sell on the GE for your price (it wont go lower then [x money] under med so people cant be a D and sell for 1gp)

Dunno how to pick the person that gets the privilege of selling the item, maybe the leader?

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

I hope they'll make Coinshare-splits based on the highest bid in the GE at that specific time.

for example, player A has an offer for a set of D claws for 30m, then group B with 3 players will get splits of 30/3 = 10m each when killing a demon that carries a set of claws.

However, if player A is offering 33m, then the same group would receive splits of 33/3 = 11m instead.

*sells claws for 30m in ge* *is on four hour buying/selling limit* *puts in offer for buying claws at 200M* Gl all people who CS claws. Too easily manipulated.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

*sells claws for 30m in ge* *is on four hour buying/selling limit* *puts in offer for buying claws at 200M* Gl all people who CS claws. Too easily manipulated.

You would lose 200m, trade completed. thank you come again.

My crystal armour idea.

he would be on the 4 hour limit, so no he wouldn't. I agree it would be too easily manipulated.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Are you being dense on purpose or do you just have no problem solving ability? Obviously it would have to be a trade that can actually complete...

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

he would be on the 4 hour limit, so no he wouldn't. I agree it would be too easily manipulated.

Then they should change how GE handles four hour limit. but all together i think the idea of putting it in the GE for highest bid but giving the player its money right away is flawed.

I think my other idea is better.

[hide]

I can think of all kinds of solutions, one of them being like a lent item you must sell before (X time) runs out, if time runs out it is sold for medium to the GE.

That way you get a chance trying to sell the item yourself, the item can then be tried to sell on the GE for your price (it wont go lower then [x money] under med so people cant be a D and sell for 1gp)

Dunno how to pick the person that gets the privilege of selling the item, maybe the leader?

[/hide]

My crystal armour idea.

Then they should change how GE handles four hour limit. but all together i think the idea of putting it in the GE for highest bid but giving the player its money right away is flawed.

I think my other idea is better.

[hide]

[/hide]

Like anyone (anyone vaguely similar to me that is) will care about the loss. Not too many care about the constant 5% losses now, and I seriously doubt that they would care about some intangible price difference between whatever the ge price and generally accepted price is. Don't forget that even the existence of this problem(barring new items) is based on the assumption that Jagex will fail miserably with their median prices(which is completely possible and not altogether unlikely), but that is still an assumption, and I feel like any in depth debate regarding an unconfirmed assumption is....useless.

Also, since when does selling affect your buying limit? Or were you just saying that you sold the claws and were already limited because you had bought 10 claws? granted I have not played in a while, but I don't remmeber that.

EDIT: Also, that lent item idea would be nice as it would possibly reduce the risk of carrying coins and decrease the number of times that losers get excited and ditch, and I doubt that Jagex would allow one player to potentially lose millions for others by them dying...so I doubt that an idea like that in either of those two forms at least would be implemented.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Also, since when does selling affect your buying limit? Or were you just saying that you sold the claws and were already limited because you had bought 10 claws? granted I have not played in a while, but I don't remmeber that.

EDIT: Also, that lent item idea would be nice as it would possibly reduce the risk of carrying coins and decrease the number of times that losers get excited and ditch, and I doubt that Jagex would allow one player to potentially lose millions for others by them dying...so I doubt that an idea like that in either of those two forms at least would be implemented.

Selling affects buying limit AFAIK, as in sell something gotta wait 4 hours to buy that back... There's just no sell amount limit

[spoiler=Quote chain]

Are you being dense on purpose or do you just have no problem solving ability? Obviously it would have to be a trade that can actually complete...

From the information we have available, we don't know it will have to be within reason. Free trade was just like that sometimes; people would attempt to sell their items for insanely high amounts for many reasons. Jagex has a lot of things to point out and I was only pointing out a major flaw in that plan. I think Jagex is on top of it though. If you've notice the server lag you know that isn't normal unless Jagex is live updating in their update servers ;).

On a different note...

Saw this when looking through some old pictures. The first time phats rose since the GE was released.

phatrise.png

Look at those prices :lol: \:D/

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

[spoiler=Quote chain]

From the information we have available, we don't know it will have to be within reason. Free trade was just like that sometimes; people would attempt to sell their items for insanely high amounts for many reasons. Jagex has a lot of things to point out and I was only pointing out a major flaw in that plan. I think Jagex is on top of it though. If you've notice the server lag you know that isn't normal unless Jagex is live updating in their update servers ;).

On a different note...

Saw this when looking through some old pictures. The first time phats rose since the GE was released.

phatrise.png

Look at those prices :lol: \:D/

When I found my old purple p-hat is was 20m.....green 22m and yellow 26m

My crystal armour idea.

I got a santa for 75mil. I dont ever plan on selling it however was it a good or terrible decision not to wait?

I keep hearing that the price is stabalizing around 70mil and I also keep hearing that it will drop to 25mil. What do you guys have to say about this?

It won't hit 25m.

It might stabilize at 70m for a little while, but prices like that will attract hoarders like crazy. It'll be back above 100m within a year unless something crazy happens like one of those big time hoarders dumping thousands of them.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

I bought a spectral about a month ago for 47m, and lately I've noticed spectral is crashing hard. How come?

I don't know, but I have 5. I feel you man.

I bought a spectral about a month ago for 47m, and lately I've noticed spectral is crashing hard. How come?

I don't know, but I have 5. I feel you man.

low demand, they only have very specialized uses

and eeks is a good substitute

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

An interesting factor with free trade will be what items sell for without the floor/ceiling. For floor, an example would be farseer helm, as well as body runes, willows, etc. For ceiling, addy arrowtips.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]