3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

I have a disk. When free trade comes out, do you think it'll be possible for me to trade it for an Elysian?

certainly not(people have to understand that street price means little in terms of real value).

So...are elysians not-crashing or are disks crashing? Or...both?

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope street prices become close to what they were pre wild, but there is so much cash from GE abuse, that it would be hard for prices to go back to what they used to be.

There is really no reason that they should go back to those levels because of all the excess money from pvp. In all likelyhood, all rares except for cracker will become buyable, with blue being around 1.5-1.8b at first.

If anyone wants an idea about the new item prices for items if free trade was reintroduced, you can use a coeficcient of 0.1-2.5 for every ''street'' gp. Thus, a blue partyhat should be 0.1 to 0.25 x(10b-0.6b) +0.6= 1.54- 2,95b. The prices are very preliminary and will drop ALOT once merchanters sell their stocks as owning the hats will become a loss of money.

I have a disk. When free trade comes out, do you think it'll be possible for me to trade it for an Elysian?

certainly not(people have to understand that street price means little in terms of real value).

So...are elysians not-crashing or are disks crashing? Or...both?

It's true that elys are slight junk, but not bad junk. With free trade, they'd be traded at around 500m. Disks have street value, but not a really huge amount of it, so in all likelyhood they'd be traded for around 200-250m, maybe less. 200=/=500

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

So basically, if you have a disk and an ungodly amount of junk to equal the trade, get an Ely with it while you still can? Obviously applying to other street value items as well

You obviously seem oblivious to junk trading. Junk has a value. 10b of junk is worth 7,5-9b market price, so you wouldn't actually be trading disk for ely. After trade restrictions are gone, junk will be.... junk(without any real monetary value).

What I'm wondering is how much trouble junk will turn into if the update goes through. Junk will lose all of it's value.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

As it should be......as the "order" is "restored", junk that never had a value in the first place will return to not having a value, and stuff that didn't have the value that people wanted will regain such. I don't know if folks expected to invest everything into unstrung bows anyway.

I won't miss the piles of crap. They should have come up with a better way to get rid of it than a minigame that is impossible to play since there's never enough people around to play it.

8f14270694.jpg

Very true, but how many rants are we going to get from players who hoarded junk or traded for large amounts of it just before the update is done or is announced?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Very true, but how many rants are we going to get from players who hoarded junk or traded for large amounts of it just before the update is done or is announced?

Probably alot.

There was also alot of PKers who weren't RWT and/or bots who had to suffer the Dec 07. We had to deal with it no matter how many rants were made.

Remember that climbing boots update? Alot of people, like me, didn't have stocks in our banks. We watched as people around us made tens of millions with no work, but we had to deal with it too.

I'm not saying I'm going to laugh at all the merchers who had bils of junk, I'm just saying sometimes it happens and it has to be accepted.

Staurolite.png

Probably alot.

There was also alot of PKers who weren't RWT and/or bots who had to suffer the Dec 07. We had to deal with it no matter how many rants were made.

Remember that climbing boots update? Alot of people, like me, didn't have stocks in our banks. We watched as people around us made tens of millions with no work, but we had to deal with it too.

I'm not saying I'm going to laugh at all the merchers who had bils of junk, I'm just saying sometimes it happens and it has to be accepted.

I just started playing and had a huge pile of boots....thanks for the info I am now selling a few! hehe

Just sold 30 of them for 2.5 mill wauw that is crazy and they cost me like what 10gp...

You are right btw we have to accept it.

I once sold my p-hat for around 25m and I go on holidays for a few days to come back and see that they banned 20.000 people and that it affected rares...they were instantly at least worth 50M more....there I was with my cash worth a lot less.

ps. Did they do anything to feathers too? I have a few of those.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

Junk will have vallue, but getting rid of junk will be harder.

Junk won't be junk anymore, it will just lose most of it's market value. That is for items which are not bottomed in the ge, those items will just be useless. There will also be no advantage to owning junk.

Most of the junk will probably be worth nothing (gf maple shorts), but junks like summoning pouches or dumped merches which may

merit some value will be worth something. So it's not exactly a bad idea to hold on to them. People even might start buying them when they have some use. They'll just be incredibly hard to sell...yet you can still sell them for what they're worth. I've dealt with junk before the G.E, all the time.

If you can't get rid of your junk now, you might as well hold onto it in case it becomes useful in the future. I'm sure JaGeX will do something to combat the ranters.

I love how this last page of the thread deals with junk. Junk is just a stupid system instituted by merchers and manipulators to try and "fix" the market, when in reality they were making billions from the system and manipulating prices with ridiculous street values. Very corrupt, and those idiots who bought junk deserve to be stuck with it, I have no sympathy for them.

Almonds.png

I love how this last page of the thread deals with junk. Junk is just a stupid system instituted by merchers and manipulators to try and "fix" the market, when in reality they were making billions from the system and manipulating prices with ridiculous street values. Very corrupt, and those idiots who bought junk deserve to be stuck with it, I have no sympathy for them.

Fairly uneducated post but well just have to live with that.

You just have to think- do these people want to junk trade? in all likelyhood, no. But why, then, were they doing it? I think the answer lies i that question.

You just have to think- do these people want to junk trade? in all likelyhood, no. But why, then, were they doing it? I think the answer lies i that question.

I don't find how it is very uneducated, sure people did junk trade if they wanted a rare, but they weren't forced into it. Somebody had to start this trend anyway, so again point out the false parts of my post. As it stands right now, with junk the street values of rares is way higher than it should be in reality, and I predict that the rares will bump a bit, but won't reach anywhere near there street values currently.

Almonds.png

I don't find how it is very uneducated, sure people did junk trade if they wanted a rare, but they weren't forced into it. Somebody had to start this trend anyway, so again point out the false parts of my post. As it stands right now, with junk the street values of rares is way higher than it should be in reality, and I predict that the rares will bump a bit, but won't reach anywhere near there street values currently.

I do agree that today's Street Prices were created by merchanters abusing the system, I mean 10B for a Blue Phat doesn't make any since. Since the minority owns PHATs they get to put street prices to whatever they want them to be, because the GE doesn't update fast enough. I'm hoping that if they restore free trade it will bring street value to a more reasonable prices. I suppose what xpx said would be reasonable considering people can make 300m/month.

I also don't see RWT devaluing rares, because 1m before GE was 3-5$. So imagine the Blue Phat being 1.5B street price, it would cost someone 4500-7500$ to purchase, and I highly doubt that many people would ever consider paying that much for an in-game item.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Junk trading wasn't instituted by merchers. Jagex indirectly instituted it when they brought about the GE. Its mechanisms failed to deal with any cataclysmic change in demand, and so people adapted to its insufficiencies by junk trading. Jagex made a serious blunder crippling the price elasticity of phats and crackers by making the min and max 1% of each other. This was completely arbitrary and stupid (For example, half wines are worth more than phats but are 5%). In fact I would argue that high end rares should have bigger margins, like 20%. And then you add in the fact that rares don't update for weeks at a time, when the GE could and should calculate a new price based on unfilled offers. Clearly the price of phats did not accurately reflect its demand and so that's why merchers engage in junk trading. In 2008 it was different - third-age equipment had the tremendous street, while phats were crashing junk. Then in 2009 they had a little role reversal.

Think about how Jagex will occasionally step in and intervene by artificially lowering the prices of items they suspect of being manipulated - Oyster Pearl, for example. That's good and all, but they fail to adjust prices in the opposite direction - increasing items in GE that are worth way more then trade price. So Jagex are the ones to blame really when you wonder why people junk trade in the first place. But at least they're taking a step in the right direction introducing free trade. Once that comes about, all the limitations of the GE and its exploitations will vanish.

So basically, if you have a disk and an ungodly amount of junk to equal the trade, get an Ely with it while you still can? Obviously applying to other street value items as well

You obviously seem oblivious to junk trading. Junk has a value. 10b of junk is worth 7,5-9b market price, so you wouldn't actually be trading disk for ely. After trade restrictions are gone, junk will be.... junk(without any real monetary value).

Likewise, you're obviously oblivious to the question I'm trying to ask. What I said was, since junk is going to literally be junk shortly, it would be in someone's best interest to get rid of their currently high street priced items, with their junk, and buy items currently potential junk (read: Ely), since by doing that, when the update hits, you'll have an ely that you bought with all your junk, and whoever was dense enough to take it now has all your old junk, and you have an actual sellable item.

Why don't you think a little before you start to brandish the assumption hammer.

Depends. Ely, being buyable, might crash hard before rebounding. TBH if the GE floor limit were removed, would some junk stop being junk?

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Depends. Ely, being buyable, might crash hard before rebounding. TBH if the GE floor limit were removed, would some junk stop being junk?

Ely down 12m today

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Likewise, you're obviously oblivious to the question I'm trying to ask. What I said was, since junk is going to literally be junk shortly, it would be in someone's best interest to get rid of their currently high street priced items, with their junk, and buy items currently potential junk (read: Ely), since by doing that, when the update hits, you'll have an ely that you bought with all your junk, and whoever was dense enough to take it now has all your old junk, and you have an actual sellable item.

Why don't you think a little before you start to brandish the assumption hammer.

It still doesn't make any sense. If the price is right now, it should be about right then. Basically, you can trade a disk and a bunch of junk for ely, but it would be the same as doing the same trade after the update, only that junk will lose ~50% of it's price, disk will gain ~100% and ely will lose a fair portion of it's value. It's impossible to predict how the prices change exactly, but the bottom line is that the trade would pan out in the same way. Why? because, again, junk has a value. The idea is pointless as it assumes that you'd be creating junk, which is not possible anymore(not enough time to manipulate an item enough).

Guys I have a question that has been bothering me for a long time. How come people are so interested in a Ely when a divine is no doubt better, and its even not that much more moola.

Some people are simply uninterested in the fact it drains prayer, reguardless of how much more useful divine may be. Ontop of that some want to buy for the status, the looks, and there is no denying it is still useful.

jpegsigtest.jpg

Guys I have a question that has been bothering me for a long time. How come people are so interested in a Ely when a divine is no doubt better, and its even not that much more moola.

Ely is min in GE, divine is unbuyable at GE. Divine is a whole lot more expensive.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png