3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

There is mage based melee, and mage based range, etc. We can't just call things mage/melee/range TBH. Korsai sword, mage based melee, might not be calced same way, so we can't call it pure mage dogmatically.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to get a guy with a chaotic kite so that YOU PERSONALLY can prove to yourself that it's pure magic as far as soaking is concerned, be my guest, but you're acting like this is something that there is no way for us to determine. We can, and people have.

Errm, actually there is no way to determine this until the update is launched, as we don't know how the damage soak will be distributed. Other than that, i'd still like to see soak percentages on farseer to be absolutely certain of your theory(and it is only a theory as you have no proof of melee armor having mage soak either). It's not as though this would be hard to test(the shields clearly show how much damage was soaked). Saying that there is 100% proof of the spec being 100% magic attach is also bogus as we don't know how jagex classifies these things, and, as mentioned, it still uses melee strength(which none of the other magic spells do).

What.

We have three items in the game, currently, with damage soaking on their interface. This is definitely the same one that will be used by other armor when the update comes out, or else it was added within a month of the soaking update being released as pure coincidence. Two of these items have magic soak, one does not. The one with no magic soak does not soak Korasi's special, the other two do. This PROVES, DEFINITIVELY, that Korasi's special is magic as far as the soaking is concerned. No further tests trying to determine the exact soak are necessary or relevant, because we already know for a fact that it is not ranged or melee (since chaotic kite does not soak), but can be soaked (since the other two do).

I agree that we don't know what armor stats will be like, and that is speculation. That's not what I'm claiming to be fact, at all. The facts are:

-Melee armor is supposed to be weak to magic.

-The melee dungeoneering kiteshield has no magic soak at all

-Korasi's special is magic

Draw your own conclusions from there, but mine are that people in melee armor will likely have a tough time with Korasi specs compared to other high damage specials after the update. Please stop clutching at straws, because it's really annoying having to repeat myself. You were wrong. Shock. Get over it.

Are you stupid or just playing stupid? What have i stated as fact is wrong? anything? this is a discussion weather your theory is correct or not, and i was just offering counter-arguments why it could not be right. The reason your theory can't be correct is that is hypothetical- the update has yet to be released(talk about straws...). You can draw any amount of conclusions, however , none of them can be correct as there is no way to prove any of them just yet. I've already stated that your theory is likely correct, but since we don't know the specifics of the FORTHcoming update(or maybe you do....) we can't know for sure. If jagex is really looking to balance KO potential they can add level soak percentages or even make the KS spec melee based when soaking(and they've changed overpowered specs before). Learn some intelligence.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

But RIGHT NOW, Korasi special is magic. We don't know they won't change it, we don't know it'll stay this way forever, but we know that unless there's an unrelated update to Korasi to change it, it's magic. It prays as magic, it gives exp as magic, and it SOAKS as magic. That's what I'm saying, and that's what you said we don't know for sure. We do know it for sure. Can we agree on that?

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

But RIGHT NOW, Korasi special is magic. We don't know they won't change it, we don't know it'll stay this way forever, but we know that unless there's an unrelated update to Korasi to change it, it's magic. It prays as magic, it gives exp as magic, and it SOAKS as magic. That's what I'm saying, and that's what you said we don't know for sure. We do know it for sure. Can we agree on that?

I'm still not sure how you can call something that uses melee strength 100% magic but i can agree on that the spec is magic based and does magic damage(and i haven't stated a fact contrary to this sentence).

Since we are on the topic of Korasi's Sword, has anyone else noticed lowered max hits? I went from hitting 550+ easily in PvP/Bh, to maxing at 480 today, once. Most other hits were around 300, and I had one hit as low as 130.

Can anyone else give some input on this?

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

Probably just bad luck.

Jagex never nerfs a weapon like this so long after its released.

Well, not since the Mage Shortbow anyway, but yes it's probably just bad luck.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Probably just bad luck.

yeah, they never do that. well, ok, the whip was kind of nerfed, but well give em that. ah, and the granite maul. Bah, lets face it, it's their thing.

Probably just bad luck.

yeah, they never do that. well, ok, the whip was kind of nerfed, but well give em that. ah, and the granite maul. Bah, lets face it, it's their thing.

All of those are relatively cheap items though and don't require any quests.

Wasen't one of there justifications for not nerfing claws something like "it would be unfair to those who have brought it or done the quest".

O.O

I doubt Korasi has been nerfed. Are you sure you weren't just using it in multi and comparing it to how it performs in single?

On another note, does anyone know how divines are doing atm?

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Probably just bad luck.

All of those are relatively cheap items though and don't require any quests.

Wasen't one of there justifications for not nerfing claws something like "it would be unfair to those who have brought it or done the quest".

Cheap? whip was something like 1/4 of a blue partyhat at the time of the nerf.

Wait, exactly which nerf was this?

Was this the nerf to the special attack? Because i think that was a bug.

Quick look says it was nerfed because it caused a glitch, not that it was a glitch

Later, Jagex changed the special attack to drain 10% of run energy from targets, citing that the old special attack caused an unwanted glitch. The special attack continued to use 50% special energy.

e: actually, I'm not sure now

yes.png

Wait, exactly which nerf was this?

Was this the nerf to the special attack? Because i think that was a bug.

Wasn't it where the spec would hit either max or 0? Same as maul?

I doubt Korasi has been nerfed. Are you sure you weren't just using it in multi and comparing it to how it performs in single?

I was one of the PKers on the top floor of the Warrior's Guild, where it's single. Funny thing is, I was using far superior gear today than what I normally do.

Ahrim's, SoL, Mages' Book....to...Torso, Tassets, Korasi's, and Dragon Defender (for spec).

This brings up the point of "you were using piety instead of turmoil, that's 7% less strength bonus," but I've been using Korasi's lately in PvP/BH, and it hasn't hit close to the 600's it used to, like on release day.

A few other PKers I know have said the same thing, while others haven't noticed a difference. Maybe Jagex just hates me :cry:

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

I was one of the PKers on the top floor of the Warrior's Guild, where it's single. Funny thing is, I was using far superior gear today than what I normally do.

Ahrim's, SoL, Mages' Book....to...Torso, Tassets, Korasi's, and Dragon Defender (for spec).

This brings up the point of "you were using piety instead of turmoil, that's 7% less strength bonus," but I've been using Korasi's lately in PvP/BH, and it hasn't hit close to the 600's it used to, like on release day.

A few other PKers I know have said the same thing, while others haven't noticed a difference. Maybe Jagex just hates me :cry:

If I'm not mistaken, 600 will probably be around your max. It's not all that surprising not to hit near your max every single time, or even to go on a streak where you don't max for a while. Hell, today at TDs, 3 of my claw specials in a row hit under 100 damage. I did not jump on the forums and start whining about how they got nerfed.

So when do Fury Kits actually decline? I was expecting, or rather hoping that they would 50m- now, and instead they are apparently closer to 200m...

Oh oh, are they rising to replace Elysians? Hmmm...

Aside from 3AD are they the only item from elites still worth over their GE price?

2dgucz6.png

lol at this thread derailing

OT: speculations on ely's stable price?

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

400-500m assuming the soaking update is insignificant enough to do absolutely nothing to armor prices in the long run (which I'm pretty sure it will be).

300-400M.

Will take a while though since they can only update twice(?) a month.

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.