3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

I think 3rd age will be hit hard by torva, why pay for an expensive useless item when you can have an almost equally expensive very useful item

Implying that Torva will fall below the price of 3rd age?

He is trying to say 3rd age will plummet because it is no longer the most expensive body armour :wink:

And besides, torva actually has a use and is much rarer at the moment.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if you guys can help with this one... but what do you think will happen to raw material prices? 99 con is my last buyable left and i'm thinking about buying all the planks i need just before free trade comes out because it might be more of a hassle finding them with free trade, but if you think prices will drop... it may be worth waiting. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks :)

(840th To 99 Farm. Achieved on February 13th, 2008.) (2942th To 99 Crafting. Achieved on September 9th, 2008.)

(23671th To 99 Magic. Achieved on January 17th, 2009.) (46913th to 99 Hit Points. Achieved on March 20th, 2009.)

(30680th to 99 Range. Achieved on March 21st, 2009.) (66351th to 99 Attack. Achieved on July 8th, 2009.)

(2856th to 99 Herblore. Achieved on August 21st, 2009.) (45985th to 99 Woodcutting. Achieved on November 15th, 2009.)

(6119th to 99 Smithing. Achieved on December 24th, 2009.) (98100th to 99 Cooking. Achieved on January 1st, 2010.)

(63214th to 99 Defence. Achieved on January 30th, 2010.) (122697th to 99 Strength. Achieved on February 11th, 2010.)

(15249th to 99 Prayer. Achieved on March 21st, 2010.) (34209th to 99 Fishing. Achieved on July 7th, 2010.)

(9259th to 99 Summoning. Achieved on July 29th, 2010.) (51712th to 99 Firemaking. Achieved on September 6th, 2010.)

(109036th to 99 Fletching. Achieved on September 28th, 2010.) (15821th to 99 Slayer. Achieved on February 3rd, 2011.)

(11652th to 99 Construction. Achieved on June 18th, 2011.)

Not sure if you guys can help with this one... but what do you think will happen to raw material prices? 99 con is my last buyable left and i'm thinking about buying all the planks i need just before free trade comes out because it might be more of a hassle finding them with free trade, but if you think prices will drop... it may be worth waiting. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks :)

The Ge won't dissappear when free trade gets introduced... Don't buy them now yet, they'll fall.

I'm also hearing purple is going for GE max now...

Thinking about selling my yellow for now, not sure. (I'm against panicking, but when everyone will, you're better off jumping the bandwagon :-)).

My friend has a yellow, and she's unsure if she wants to sell it for max or wait and try to get lucky.. Do you think she'd be better off selling it or keeping it, based on what the market looks like, because I can't read it for s***

If she hasn't got any junk to trade it with, or other risings to reach a divine, that's a tough one. Yellow is going to crash pretty hard for sure, street-wise, but I'm not sure if it'll reach below the current max price.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I'm mainly concerned about 3rd age mage, for those who responded about 3rd age. Sorry, I should have been clearer.

When it comes to 3rd age mage you have quite the limited market of buyers, it isn't particulary good, and there are many other items to hold your cash/expensive items for merchants to buy. Combine that with the general decline of most items due to speciulatioin plus the actual implementation of free trade/wildy i am fairly sure it's going to take a hit.

As for the poster asking about planks, again it looks like everything is and will continue to drop, especially if we see bots running oak planks again. The biggest curve ball i see throwing off anyone's speculation here is what unanounced updates do they have planned to go along with free trade/wildy. It only takes the smallest update to cause a great sway in the economy.

jpegsigtest.jpg

The biggest curve ball i see throwing off anyone's speculation here is what unanounced updates do they have planned to go along with free trade/wildy. It only takes the smallest update to cause a great sway in the economy.

Agreed. The economy in Runescape is so volatile it only takes a few words from Jagex to make an item plummet in price. With the economy being probably more unstable now than it has ever been with the update in a few weeks and nobody really knowing anything, I'd personally not do any trades over 30m , and that is at a push. I think it's better to be safe than sorry.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Purps are buyable at GE price so for those who've been waiting to get a phat, this is your chance.

Torva is still going strong, edibles are crashing harder than ever, seems like rocktails and super

sets are climbing steep.

Watch out....it's a trick :)

The more rares merchers have when free trade comes the more grip they got on prices of those rares.

People panicking now selling their rares.. people coming back to rs for free trade dumping their rares because they need gear/pots/food.

its a good reason to drop rares lower just so you can buy back more....its all timing.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

The more rares merchers have when free trade comes the more grip they got on prices of those rares.

People panicking now selling their rares.. people coming back to rs for free trade dumping their rares because they need gear/pots/food.

its a good reason to drop rares lower just so you can buy back more....its all timing.

Yah that's what happened with the easter crash i think.

Staurolite.png

I don't think that situation is directly comparable to what's happening now. Edibles were used as a stepping stop to phats and higher rares, but with the return of free trade you can skip that part and just pay cash if you wanted to. So now edibles don't have a use beyond being discontinued... you can't even display it since it just stays in your inv.

Tact.gif

I don't think that situation is directly comparable to what's happening now. Edibles were used as a stepping stop to phats and higher rares, but with the return of free trade you can skip that part and just pay cash if you wanted to. So now edibles don't have a use beyond being discontinued... you can't even display it since it just stays in your inv.

No, I meant the easter crash that happened several months back. Merchers who hoarded decided to dump some, lowering the price and causing mass panic. Then they swoop in and rebuy for a much lower price, similar to what freestyler was describing.

Staurolite.png

I notice offers for yellows selling for rising items (ags's). Are all phats falling or only the lower ones?

So far I think that purple has 'crashed' and yellow is pretty close. Green in my opinion won't last until free trade. The higher ones will likely last until free trade when those people who want a quick out will sell them ASAP, thus flooding the market. The only question is, is the demand for phats going to be high enough to withstand the flood or will red / white crash? (I don't see blues really ever 'crashing' in the modern sence of the term because of its rarity).

I notice offers for yellows selling for rising items (ags's). Are all phats falling or only the lower ones?

So far I think that purple has 'crashed' and yellow is pretty close. Green in my opinion won't last until free trade. The higher ones will likely last until free trade when those people who want a quick out will sell them ASAP, thus flooding the market. The only question is, is the demand for phats going to be high enough to withstand the flood or will red / white crash? (I don't see blues really ever 'crashing' in the modern sence of the term because of its rarity).

Blues aren't more rare, just more hoarded.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

No, I meant the easter crash that happened several months back. Merchers who hoarded decided to dump some, lowering the price and causing mass panic. Then they swoop in and rebuy for a much lower price, similar to what freestyler was describing.

Ah. I still don't think it applies to this situation though. The GE was able to prop up a system which relied on people's beliefs and constricted trade to maintain value in these discontinued items. I don't believe anyone, even merchants, believe in their heart-of-hearts that phats and edibles are really worth their GE/street price.

Tact.gif

Well, aside from purp, the rarity of phat colors are so trivial that there's hardly any difference. There might be like 50 or so more yellows than greens and like 20 more

reds than blues but the true fate of partyhats may depend on how many people out there still want them. Purps imo were expected to fall because

there are significantly more of them than any other color and the least sought out of all six partyhats. It's a strange coincidence that the higher phats

are more sought because of the color but we can never know if they're TRUELY more rare than the lower hats like green and red.

Well, aside from purp, the rarity of phat colors are so trivial that there's hardly any difference. There might be like 50 or so more yellows than greens and like 20 more

reds than blues but the true fate of partyhats may depend on how many people out there still want them. Purps imo were expected to fall because

there are significantly more of them than any other color and the least sought out of all six partyhats. It's a strange coincidence that the higher phats

are more sought because of the color but we can never know if they're TRUELY more rare than the lower hats like green and red.

Red and yellow were the two most common before the dupe, then purple got up there. Now greens... I very rarely see those. Someone in 3bo was talking the other day about how possibly greens and whites are the rarest.

It's old, but this graph is a pretty decent reference if you want to get historic with it:

graphofphats.png

An aside: I have a distinct memory of killing falador guards in early rs2 at the south gate when someone walked by with a yellow partyhat. I asked how much it was for his crown, he said 5m, and I was like WTF that's impossible.

lalalasig2.png

Yes 190 000 = 190m.

So, I've been following purple and yellow phat a bit last night, and saw purple crashing. Thought about selling my yellow, wanted to wait for GE upate. GE updated during the night, I put in my yellow for max (528m). Doesn't sell... Well, that's enough of an indicator for me. Tried 525m, didn't sell. When I tried 523, it sold for the old max.

yellowphatsold.png

Now let's wait for the opportunity to get a cheap green :-) I'm pretty sure deals can be made when FT comes out. (or the unstable days before it).

PS: first time over 1B cash :o

EDIT: seems like I just chose a bad moment. Half an hour later, people were trying to buy for max and couldn't get it. Right now, yellow seems still safe, and I'm pretty intrigued why my yellow didn't sell max instantly.

anyone care to predict if partyhats (at least lower ones) will fall with next GE update? If purples and as we can see even yellow have been sold under med, they should fall, right? and that could cause a little panic selling of more phats in GE, rright?

Playing since February 2003

Ssamriga.png