3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

I put a White Phat in GE at medium price to see what it would sell for and got 971M. I made around 750M on that one transaction.

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

::
:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put a White Phat in GE at medium price to see what it would sell for and got 971M. I made around 750M on that one transaction.

considering with a little patience you could have sold it for 1050m, maybe it wasn't so smart

I just made the difference on that flipping stuff in the GE with the money I earned. Who cares about 50 - 100M anyway? This is too easy.

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

I've just seen Elvis trying to buy a blue for 1.5b - there was one other offer at 1.5, one at 1.55. No sell offers. Also someone trying to sell a wreath for a white - what's the prices like on 3rd age druidic?

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

^ Wreath is below 500m....Not even a purp. lol

Manips are all over the place it seems. I made a couple mill flipping bandos, furys, godswords. Idk when prices will settle but

right now, everything seems to be rising.

Did some quick research on Nex armour.

One guy was selling virtus robe bottom for a/w 650. Highest offer was 550m.

Guy who was selling torva plate and legs was offered 2B (for both) multiple times.

Somebody is trying to buy Zaryte bow 350m, nobody selling to him yet.

I was wonding about that too, I bought a bunch of ores / logs and stuck them in the GE and they started selling almost right away. Either Jagex removed the 4h buy / sell limit or the broke the GE... I sure hope it's broken because no buy / sell limit will make flipping far far too easy.

It's a bug. The buy/sell limits are removed at the moment. I won't use it too much if they see it as exploiting a bug.

[404] Signature not found.

I'm at a loss of words for what is going on. Reds are legitimately above 800M in the GE. Whites are pushing 1100M. They just keep going up! Literally if you sell you end having to pay a good 20M+ more an hour later (and struggle to do it as well). Like I considered the significant possibility of a panic buy scenario with everyone being cashed out but this is really going beyond what I ever expected.

Also, BiJay, how do you know buy/sell is a bug? I do believe I remember seeing "limitless GE" in the poll.

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

So, what are all the hats going for atm in GE? :) Ely / Div prices would be nice too =p

Not to sound like a jerk, but...look it up yourself.

Edit: Unless the GE page doesn't update with the game now. That would suck.

Not to sound like a jerk back at you, but Hats trading in the GE, doesn't mean the GE 'guide' prices are correct. GE prices have been way off for most rares for a long, long time.

Also, BiJay, how do you know buy/sell is a bug? I do believe I remember seeing "limitless GE" in the poll.

Because they said in the Q&A these limits would stay. The poll only said no price restrictions.

Also just got confirmation by some pmods. Jagex is working on a fix and they will punish those who massively took advantage of the bug.

I'm expecting hats to drop once the initial hype blows over

Because they said in the Q&A these limits would stay. The poll only said no price restrictions.

Also just got confirmation by some pmods. Jagex is working on a fix and they will punish those who massively took advantage of the bug.

It's not a bug it's a feature.

I'm expecting hats to drop once the initial hype blows over

It's not a bug it's a feature.

Yeah, selling stuff right after you buy it still doesn't allow people to monopolise stuff, which is the whole point of the limits. It does however encourage flipping with smaller margins, which isn't really a bad thing, means more trading is done. Point being, if this actually unintended, i can't see them punishing people for it.

Jagex said the limits on how much you could buy in a certain time period would be staying, unless it was a coincidence that my offer got filled to 24999 then that's still there. Also, they won't punish people for this when it's not clear and they haven't said anything about it specifically (post update I mean)

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

I just checked and there's no jmod posts on the matter to pmods. I've got to say that you should never take something a pmod says about a future update as 100% certain, since we rarely get anything related to future content or bugfixing. If they heard something from a jmod in pm or in a clan chat then that works, but then what does it matter if they are a pmod? Unless you can verify this don't post alarmist rumors.

Dozens or hundreds of thousands of people made a profit today in the Grand Exchange. Thousands of these players made 8 or 9 digits or even more. Are you going to ban everyone above a certain number? :roll: That was a viable way of distributing punishment for the penguin glitch, where the number of perpetrators who got more than a handful of points was in the dozens or hundreds and were reported multiple times. But seeing as you can't report someone for trading in the GE, and since the list is so large, trying to hand out scalable punishments would be a colossal waste of time that could go into making the systems better (which should have been done before the update!!!).

Besides, I'd rather go after the thousands of people who abused the staking bugs today because that is more pressing than people buying and selling as normal.

They should have put such a massive update through several more months of testing before releasing it. I have low expectations for QA but still...At least 3 distinct ways to cheat in staking. Corporeal Beast broken again. GE limits broken. Dungeoneering mechanics broken. All these systems needed to have been tested together - all of these would have been discovered within several minutes of normal playtesting, which either means they only test the most essential new content or the testing environment is not realistic enough to replicate even obvious glitches in the real game. Neither is good.

2496 Completionist

I just checked and there's no jmod posts on the matter to pmods. I've got to say that you should never take something a pmod says about a future update as 100% certain, since we rarely get anything related to future content or bugfixing. If they heard something from a jmod in pm or in a clan chat then that works, but then what does it matter if they are a pmod? Unless you can verify this don't post alarmist rumors.

Dozens or hundreds of thousands of people made a profit today in the Grand Exchange. Thousands of these players made 8 or 9 digits or even more. Are you going to ban everyone above a certain number? :roll: That was a viable way of distributing punishment for the penguin glitch, where the number of perpetrators who got more than a handful of points was in the dozens or hundreds and were reported multiple times. But seeing as you can't report someone for trading in the GE, and since the list is so large, trying to hand out scalable punishments would be a colossal waste of time that could go into making the systems better (which should have been done before the update!!!).

Besides, I'd rather go after the thousands of people who abused the staking bugs today because that is more pressing than people buying and selling as normal.

They should have put such a massive update through several more months of testing before releasing it. I have low expectations for QA but still...At least 3 distinct ways to cheat in staking. Corporeal Beast broken again. GE limits broken. Dungeoneering mechanics broken. All these systems needed to have been tested together - all of these would have been discovered within several minutes of normal playtesting, which either means they only test the most essential new content or the testing environment is not realistic enough to replicate even obvious glitches in the real game. Neither is good.

I'm gonna need a tl;dr for that thanks :thumbup:

There's a german consultation-hour once in a while. There was one yesterday after the update. Some people talked about the missing buy/sell limits. Some pmods stayed in contact with the jmods via pm after it. It took them quite a while to get more infos from there colleagues. Nobody has to believe me, it's just an information.

If you think you have reached the buy limit (e.g. 100 for runite scimmitars), sell one and then you can buy 100 again. /edit: This doesn't exactly work like that, see my next post.

There's a german consultation-hour once in a while. There was one yesterday after the update. Some people talked about the missing buy/sell limits. Some pmods stayed in contact with the jmods via pm after it. It took them quite a while to get more infos from there colleagues. Nobody has to believe me, it's just an information.

If you think you have reached the buy limit (e.g. 100 for runite scimmitars), sell one and then you can buy 100 again.

Not true. I bought 10k gold bars earlier, sold 1, then only 1 bought, not another 10k.

If you think you have reached the buy limit (e.g. 100 for runite scimmitars), sell one and then you can buy 100 again.

Not true. I bought 10k gold bars earlier, sold 1, then only 1 bought, not another 10k.

Ok, I didn't test it that much. I just sold the same amount instead. So try selling all the bars and buy them again.

/edit: I did test it with yews. Bought 20k of them, sold them all. Bought 20k again, sold them all. Everything in like half an hour. The limit would be 25k for yews, which I definately should have reached.

Ok, I didn't test it that much. I just sold the same amount instead. So try selling all the bars and buy them again.

That's not a bug then.

/edit: I did test it with yews. Bought 20k of them, sold them all. Bought 20k again, sold them all. Everything in like half an hour. The limit would be 25k for yews, which I definately should have reached.

Yes, but you didn't pull out more than 25k at once. Point being, system as its working right now doesn't allow for monopolising, so there's no problem.

Yes, but you didn't pull out more than 25k at once. Point being, system as its working right now doesn't allow for monopolising, so there's no problem.

Dunno, how exactly it works. But it's still different then the buy limit before the update. I won't do further testing. Maybe someone else will figure out how exactly it works now.