3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Anyone have a rough estimate of party hat prices?

Expensive.

Blue - Hard to say but it is over maxed cash, could be anywhere from 2.5-3b being the most hoarded phat.

White - Around 1.5b

Red - 1.15b

Green - 980m

Yellow - 840-860m

Purple - 750m

Obviously phats have risen *alot* in free trade but why? Perhaps its due to being the first weekend in free trade and the mass amount of players online is increasing the demand.

Can we see the massive ups and downs continue due to the amount of people flipping them or is this only temporary?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously phats have risen *alot* in free trade but why? Perhaps its due to being the first weekend in free trade and the mass amount of players online is increasing the demand.

Can we see the massive ups and downs continue due to the amount of people flipping them or is this only temporary?

Honestly, I think it's largly due to the ease of flipping. In the first couple days people were making 10M per hour, that's 240M per day! With that sort of money being made, there's no way the demand for partyhats would be able to keep up with demand at lower prices.

Also, I think staking has returned a lot faster then I (and a lot of other people) expected. I forget who it was, but a couple page into the update thread they had already made a couple hundred mill staking. I for one expected the focus to be on PKing and trading rather than staking. Not to mention those glitchers who could guarentee a win for themselves could probably make billions of GP in an hour, no way partyhats (and other expensive items like ESS) could keep up with the new demand in their current price range.

I have no idea where prices will go for partyhats, but I don't expect them to be as low as we saw them just before free trade ever again.

Someone asked earlier but no one answered (unless I completely didn't see a response) but how high do you think Santas will get? I bought one to try and merch, and if they're expected to crash I wanna get my nice little profit and let it go.

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

its really nice to know that my all my 220m i worked in this game to buy my red party hat back in 08' a month before i quit turned out to really be the right decision, i knew she'd rise in price

legends2.jpg

Any idea on the value of:

Torva Set

Virtus Set*

Pernix Set*

*as far as I know, these two set have not increased in price since the update came.

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

Torva+Pernix are 3b for a set or more (very hard to say). Helm is worth less, but I've seen sets for up to 4b, I'm guessing that the pieces are potentially less individually.

Virtus is less since it's relatively useless, but still quite a lot. No idea on price.

There are very few sellers and the prices vary drastically, not to mention rumors of a nex nerf could be affecting those individuals.

2496 Completionist

Torva+Pernix are 3b for a set or more (very hard to say). Helm is worth less, but I've seen sets for up to 4b, I'm guessing that the pieces are potentially less individually.

Virtus is less since it's relatively useless, but still quite a lot. No idea on price.

There are very few sellers and the prices vary drastically, not to mention rumors of a nex nerf could be affecting those individuals.

I hope it's true.

I do think Nex needs to be nerfed so that she's easier to kill. At this rate, the average Joe will never be able to obtain a piece of Torva for example. Also, if this is how expensive level 85 armour is, I hate to think how much levels 90/95/99 armour will be :ohnoes: I just want the torva platebody though because it looks epic :thumbup:

2vuhgcn.png

I hope it's true.

I do think Nex needs to be nerfed so that she's easier to kill. At this rate, the average Joe will never be able to obtain a piece of Torva for example. Also, if this is how expensive level 85 armour is, I hate to think how much levels 90/95/99 armour will be :ohnoes: I just want the torva platebody though because it looks epic :thumbup:

Honestly Nex is fine as she is, the only thing I would do is maybe decrease the LP per stage so that kills are faster while remaining at the same difficulty. Even then, the current Nex is the best long-term profit of any monsterhunting. The only reason why armor is so expensive is that no one goes to Nex. It's a waste of supplies unless you have a ton of LSP (or find a permanent small FFA team), and you can't CS it because the GE values are pathetically low (plus some pieces are worth more than max cash).

I don't have access to maxed forums or anything so I can't say for sure, I just offered it as one factor that may be affecting the price.

I need to edit the prices in my last post slightly. Pernix is worth more than torva. Top+Bottom alone go for 4b+; cowl is much less but still adds on.

2496 Completionist

Friend got blue phat for market price O.O

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

I hope it's true.

Honestly Nex is fine as she is, the only thing I would do is maybe decrease the LP per stage so that kills are faster while remaining at the same difficulty. Even then, the current Nex is the best long-term profit of any monsterhunting. The only reason why armor is so expensive is that no one goes to Nex. It's a waste of supplies unless you have a ton of LSP (or find a permanent small FFA team), and you can't CS it because the GE values are pathetically low (plus some pieces are worth more than max cash).

I don't have access to maxed forums or anything so I can't say for sure, I just offered it as one factor that may be affecting the price.

I need to edit the prices in my last post slightly. Pernix is worth more than torva. Top+Bottom alone go for 4b+; cowl is much less but still adds on.

This. Jagex's stupid [bleep]ing idea to nerf the way the GE was updating like 20% increases in one day ensured that it'll probably be a year or more until Torva/Pernix are high enough in the GE for people to CS it. With LS only rewarding one person and the best kill rate yielding about 4-6 kills per hour with an investment of close to a mil in supplies, the only profitable way to fight Nex is to go with a group of people who all really trust each other and just "ffa" it, splitting the cash evenly after someone sells a drop for its true price.

Also, most people have arrived at a decent conclusion that Nex drops a special item about every 75-100 kills, but that is a deceivingly good drop rate (for the real prices of the items). Yes, the drop rates may be 5x better than Corp, but you can get 5x more Corp kills an hour so really the drop rates are fairly equal.

Honestly, I think it would go a long way towards making Nex more fun and more popular if Jagex removed the Kill Count. I mean, we already have to get the special key to access that area...

td2sig.jpg

Agreed. I would go kill Nex way more often if the armour pieces actually reached their true price.

I simply don't have enough time to play to build up LSP, since they decrease automatically each day.

I understand why the GE works the way it does (people could manipulate the price of a small-supply item too easily otherwise), but I don't see why they don't just step in for items like partyhats and ancient armour and set the prices up by 500m - people simply won't trade it through the GE often enough for it to rise properly - especially at only 5% per day.

Agreed. I would go kill Nex way more often if the armour pieces actually reached their true price.

I simply don't have enough time to play to build up LSP, since they decrease automatically each day.

I understand why the GE works the way it does (people could manipulate the price of a small-supply item too easily otherwise), but I don't see why they don't just step in for items like partyhats and ancient armour and set the prices up by 500m - people simply won't trade it through the GE often enough for it to rise properly - especially at only 5% per day.

Then go to nex with friends(sell and share drops) or FFA. That's the way it's supposed to be. LS is just something i think they should drop as we have free trade back(lending system too, as it's practically only used to be abused).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

well he was basically just given 1.3b+ O_o

e: i like lending system, i can lend items to friends without them being tempted to steal from me

That's exactly the argument against it- it allows you things you would otherwise not be able to do if there was free trade. Oh wait, we do have free trade :thumbsup:

e: i like lending system, i can lend items to friends without them being tempted to steal from me

That's exactly the argument against it- it allows you things you would otherwise not be able to do if there was free trade. Oh wait, we do have free trade :thumbsup:

How is that an argument against lending... it allows us to do things we were not able to do before free trade was removed. Free trade now =/= free trade then and free trade does not imply no lending in any way.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

How is that an argument against lending... it allows us to do things we were not able to do before free trade was removed. Free trade now =/= free trade then and free trade does not imply no lending in any way.

The lending system was supposed to mimic or replace the notion of lending items to your friends before free trade was shot down. However, the lending system really doesn't mimic it very well, most often used to lend items to people you don't even know. Now that free trade is back, there is no reason not to remove the lending system. The same with LS/CS.

The lending system was supposed to mimic or replace the notion of lending items to your friends before free trade was shot down. However, the lending system really doesn't mimic it very well, most often used to lend items to people you don't even know. Now that free trade is back, there is no reason not to remove the lending system. The same with LS/CS.

LS/CS is nice because most people in RS are greedy doushebags and will rip you off. It's just unfortunate that Jagex [bleep]ed up the GE in every way possible (for a day it was actually fixed-- it's a shame they "fixed" the GE updating prices far beyond the 5% limit) so that the GE prices are way off from the "real prices."

td2sig.jpg

LS/CS is nice because most people in RS are greedy doushebags and will rip you off. It's just unfortunate that Jagex [bleep]ed up the GE in every way possible (for a day it was actually fixed-- it's a shame they "fixed" the GE updating prices far beyond the 5% limit) so that the GE prices are way off from the "real prices."

The greediness is another factor that used to make MHing hard. It's funny how 3 years of no freedom basically killed everything team oriented in the game(clans, trusting MH teams) and everyone whined for a month how terrible dungeoneering was. Removing CS/LS would, again, encourage joining clans, making trusting friends and teamwork in general.

As for the ge, i don't really see it as a problem that the ge isn't up to date on extreme items- after all, we do have free trade now, so all the street-market-ness of it is actually cool.

Checking out W2 atm, and I see sell offers for Ely at around 550m :thumbup:

Bought mine for 425m, do like 125m profit.

Also got back my fury finally #-o

Unfortunately, Tormented Demons are taking a [cabbage] on my self-esteem. I'm 1k+ Demons dry for claws, and today I got 4 Adamant Battleaxes in 5 kills.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

I hate the current LS system. It forces you to nolife if you miss a drop and leaves you lootless if you are just starting a monsterhunting streak. It also prevents effigies/clues/etc from being given to the person who did the most damage as it should be.

FFA has its problems too. There are certain things you usually do in a team to benefit the entire team that you don't do in a FFA so that you can deal more personal damage. If drops are agreed to be shared, fine, but it's still a factor. Also, I'd prefer to make my own decisions selling corp/nex drops rather than have a teammate sell it for potentially less.

CS is ideal, if Jagex would stop being silly about the GE.

Considering all that I agree with xpx, FFA is the best.

Another thing we have that discourages hiding drops on FFA is the adventurer's log. If you try to be greedy, someones gonna know about it.

2496 Completionist