3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Pretty sure that all p hats arnt 1b+, people were selling purp for 850m last night..

this is geting silly though! surely torva etc will drop soon..

That's because there was a crash yesterday and a lot of people were panicking trying to get as much out of their hats as they could. Mostly because just last week purple was not much higher than 600mil at which it was pretty stable. Then a few days later we saw a huge spike in overall partyhat prices with each one going up 100mil+ each day. Once they all hit 1bil+ there were a lot of sellers and people paniced to try and get their cash.

As of right now it seems everyone is trying to push hats as high as they can go. A lot of manipulation going on with both ends of the spectrum with people saying, "hats will crash way lower they are way overpriced", as well as, "there is huge demand and partyhats will always rise, they are under-priced". Hats are a lot more chaotic than i thought they would be after free trade, but it is still early after free trade. Who knows what could happen.

jpegsigtest.jpg

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

staking/scamming/general wealth redistribution = larger proportion of very rich players = more demand for luxury items

i don't see luxury items returning back to their initial ft prices.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Pretty sure that all p hats arnt 1b+, people were selling purp for 850m last night..

this is geting silly though! surely torva etc will drop soon..

That's because there was a crash yesterday and a lot of people were panicking trying to get as much out of their hats as they could. Mostly because just last week purple was not much higher than 600mil at which it was pretty stable. Then a few days later we saw a huge spike in overall partyhat prices with each one going up 100mil+ each day. Once they all hit 1bil+ there were a lot of sellers and people paniced to try and get their cash.

As of right now it seems everyone is trying to push hats as high as they can go. A lot of manipulation going on with both ends of the spectrum with people saying, "hats will crash way lower they are way overpriced", as well as, "there is huge demand and partyhats will always rise, they are under-priced". Hats are a lot more chaotic than i thought they would be after free trade, but it is still early after free trade. Who knows what could happen.

The beauty of free trade is that manipulation can only go so far before market forces take over. Manipulate them up too high, and sellers can't resist. Manipulate them too low, and buyers jump in.

punitivedsig.png

i kind of disagree. it's a lot easier now to affect market perception of items since you're no longer dealing with fake street prices and instead are dealing with prices of actual transactions. manipulation is easier, buyouts are slightly harder.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

i kind of disagree. it's a lot easier now to affect market perception of items since you're no longer dealing with fake street prices and instead are dealing with prices of actual transactions. manipulation is easier, buyouts are slightly harder.

My son (the one who no longer plays Runescape) asked me the other day, what's stopping anyone from manipulating prices now by putting, say, a yellow phat up for sale on the GE at 2 bill and having a friend buy it for 2 bill, and wash, rinse and repeat?

:unsure:

nyuseg.png

My son (the one who no longer plays Runescape) asked me the other day, what's stopping anyone from manipulating prices now by putting, say, a yellow phat up for sale on the GE at 2 bill and having a friend buy it for 2 bill, and wash, rinse and repeat?

That wouldn't affect what people are paying for in world 2 or the forums. And partyhats are still underpriced on ge and can't move that quickly, so that wouldn't do anything.

jpegsigtest.jpg

If you put a buy offer in for 2b, even if someone is selling for 2b the buyer would get the hat from whoevers selling lowest at the time + cash back.

Bbk.png

That wouldn't affect what people are paying for in world 2 or the forums. And partyhats are still underpriced on ge and can't move that quickly, so that wouldn't do anything.

However the GE guide price is tied together with player to player trades since the limit was removed. If they traded it back and forth for more then the guide price in normal trades, You'd almost think it would effect the guide price.

However the GE guide price is tied together with player to player trades since the limit was removed. If they traded it back and forth for more then the guide price in normal trades, You'd almost think it would effect the guide price.

My point was that the guide price moves too slow to effect anything at the moment

jpegsigtest.jpg

Didnt Tg get a white for 180m in ge then resold it straight away for over 1500m

And wasnt this due to someone putting their offer in at exactly the same time?

It was because someone missed a number while putting the offer in, and because there weren't any offers in at the time, the first person to go over it(180m) got the hat. If there were offer in the ge already, it would have gone to the highest bidder at their price(atleast that's what would usually happen).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

My point was that the guide price moves too slow to effect anything at the moment

Even with phats jumping by 5% now? :unsure:

nyuseg.png

Yes. For the GE to have any resemblance of the "real price," it needs to update to meet the median trade price from the previous day.

td2sig.jpg

Yes. For the GE to have any resemblance of the "real price," it needs to update to meet the median trade price from the previous day.

Is that taking into effect them doing only one trade in a trading day, as opposed to, say, numerous such trades, committed every four hours throughout a trading day?

Could the same thing be done with, say, (random object) or something?

Is this a kind of manipulation that could be performed in the GE as it is set up now?

nyuseg.png

I'm thinking of getting another yellow. They were 1.1 - 1.2B last night and people are trying to sell for 900M right now in W2GE. What do you guys think?

I bought 1 purple for 770M, sold for 970M under half a day later. Bought another for 850M and sold for 1B little over a day after. Rather liking the PHat market these days, but now that purple has dropped, I'm unsure what to do. Wait a day or more... Or buy again? They could very well skyrocket over the period of a few hours. I'll be keeping the others... But I plan to make a ton flipping purples. =).

Also, what do I do with Elysian and Divine? Right now people are selling Divine for 1.1B. People are trying to buy Elysians for 600M which is higher then before FT. Do I sell or hold? Either way, I'm keeping at least one...

Thanks in advance for the advice.

09144a99bb.png

I'm thinking of getting another yellow. They were 1.1 - 1.2B last night and people are trying to sell for 900M right now in W2GE. What do you guys think?

I bought 1 purple for 770M, sold for 970M under half a day later. Bought another for 850M and sold for 1B little over a day after. Rather liking the PHat market these days, but now that purple has dropped, I'm unsure what to do. Wait a day or more... Or buy again? They could very well skyrocket over the period of a few hours. I'll be keeping the others... But I plan to make a ton flipping purples. =).

Also, what do I do with Elysian and Divine? Right now people are selling Divine for 1.1B. People are trying to buy Elysians for 600M which is higher then before FT. Do I sell or hold? Either way, I'm keeping at least one...

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Not really sure what will happen, but if you plan on buying a yellow try ge. I just bought mine back for 850mil. Not sure if i got lucky or if there is more room for them to drop.

jpegsigtest.jpg

Not really sure what will happen, but if you plan on buying a yellow try ge. I just bought mine back for 850mil. Not sure if i got lucky or if there is more room for them to drop.

Ooo, kks. Any ideas on greens? I see people selling for 1 - 1.1B right now. Think I should give it a shot? My brother loves green so, if anything, buy and give to him. :).

09144a99bb.png