3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dip, about 30%

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

Jagex has said they don't want to extend the memory limit (which would have to apply to everything in the game) for the very few people overall that actually have that kind of cash.

However... it's getting more and more common, and with partyhats and ancient armour pushing over the limit... interesting to see if they will change to 64-bit.

If they were to go to 64-bit and extend the limit, the max value would be:

((2^64)/2)-1 =(roughly) 9.22*10^18 = 9220000000000000000 gp. (rounded a lot)

What if they just actually make a new RS currency? Brand new in like Eastern lands. Have new armor weapon that's only purchasable with the new currency and allow for it to balance out in RS eventually. If say the new currency is used to buy items on the same tier as Bandos/Arma or even Barrows that could lead it to become 1:1000 exchange rate to gp allowing for Phats to be buyable again. It'll probably be a bit of work but I think it might be a simpler solution to the max cash problem RS is having. Also introducing some more macroeconomics to merching might make merching interesting.

Imagine if the GE becomes as sophisticated as the IRL money market. Would give merching a whole new meaning in RS.

120dgl.jpg

Just took a quick look at w2, hat prices seem somewhat stable. purp is around 800; yellow 1b, idk rest.

ely is 570ish, div 1.2

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

w00t

what is this worth?

Grats on being kicked from cc in the end rofl ;) i think white might be at or above max cash. Not too sure though. That guy who staked with you is a serious idiot not to have brought a titan with him in a summon on duel lol. Would have sucked for you if he remembered his steel titan ;)

120dgl.jpg

w00t

what is this worth?

Grats on being kicked from cc in the end rofl ;) i think white might be at or above max cash. Not too sure though. That guy who staked with you is a serious idiot not to have brought a titan with him in a summon on duel lol. Would have sucked for you if he remembered his steel titan ;)

Was that the glitch or just people using the healing summon?

w00t

what is this worth?

Was that the glitch or just people using the healing summon?

Look at the mini map, he's in the summon arena, the other guy was just an idiot.

120dgl.jpg

Can someone tell me whats the deal with arcane and spectral? can i exspect a drop soon or are they going up because pvp?

Also i see alot of people selling 3rd age kite, is it crashing? or can i exspect it to go up.

Thx for help.

Last night there were no 3rd age kite sellers, so I attempted to buy one from the G.E. ended up costing me 82.5M o_O but I think I'm going to keep it because it's probably the best looking shield in the game - in my opinion anyway :-)

2vuhgcn.png

Can someone tell me whats the deal with arcane and spectral? can i exspect a drop soon or are they going up because pvp?

Also i see alot of people selling 3rd age kite, is it crashing? or can i exspect it to go up.

Thx for help.

Spectral is dropping at least; put an offer in at mid this afternoon and bought it instantly with almost 2m GP back.

pphat.png

Still accepting donations to my Partyhat Acquisition for PaperHat's Increased Wealth And To Benefit Underprivileged Youths Charity

Spectral is crashing due to the chaotic sheilds.

This is what happens when someone needs to post on every topic. God awful.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Whats the status of Masks atm? I've got an offer for my d bones and I'm wondering if it's worth it.

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

Spectral has a nice mage bonus along with prayer and doesn't degrade so it can still merit some uses over the chaotic kite. Don't know

exactly how you came up with that conclusion.

Spectral has a nice mage bonus along with prayer and doesn't degrade so it can still merit some uses over the chaotic kite. Don't know

Someone he knows told him probably.

Someone he knows told him probably.

RSOF told him. On the topic of 3rd age kite, anyone know what the rest of the melee set is?

Whats the status of Masks atm? I've got an offer for my d bones and I'm wondering if it's worth it.

Masks still seem to be going up. I've had offer in for red at 120m for a long time with no luck. I'm about to move it up a bit. Masks took quite a bath before free trade, so they've had some room to move up.

punitivedsig.png

this is geting silly though! surely torva etc will drop soon..

Why would it? It is by far the best melee armor in the game, and when a full set is combined with a DSS it essentially makes you invincible because of the increased amount brews/pony specs heal you. More importantly than the stats is the rarity. Not many new pieces are entering the game because it's just not worthwhile to kill Nex. If the GE prices were closer to the trade prices and people could CS Nex, more people would do it. However, as it currently stands "team FFA" and LS are the only viable methods. And with you only getting 2-3 kills per trip while spending close to a mil in supplies, LS just isn't worth it unless you've missed like a duo or trio divine (or a few of them).

td2sig.jpg