3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How high will phats go? :S

Surely there is going to be a drop soon when hoarders realise they can dump their hats then rebuy for cheaper.

Any ideas?

It's pretty hard to say since we don't have much to go off of (free trade came out last week). My guess was that partyhats went up due to the weekend. If this week will be like last week, the trades will start to die down wednesday/thursday along with their prices. Of course nothing is 100% but that's just my guess.

jpegsigtest.jpg

Do you guys expect or does it look like partyhats will stabilize in price (not rise so dramatically) or continue to rise untill all are worth more than max cash?

or even will they possibly drop at all, if even only 10m lol :P

Phats seem to be stablizing now, although imo they seem quite inflated still.

Hoping for a crash soon though, so I can ride the rebound again :)

Same thoughts here, I hope they crash... I managed to scrape together 900m+ just 1 day after they skyrocket'd in price, I would like just at least just be able to buy a red for 900m - although my goal was white.

Tried staking for some quick cash and just ended up losing all my winnings on the 4th day of staking, pointless a bit with my luck then :P

Someone asked earlier but no one answered (unless I completely didn't see a response) but how high do you think Santas will get? I bought one to try and merch, and if they're expected to crash I wanna get my nice little profit and let it go.

Bought a nice amount of them, they are going good.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

Hi, I am sort of a noob in terms of the whole rare market and decided to buy a green mask. I know its no partyhat, so I was wondering if I actually made a good investment buying it at 78mil and if I am looking at any decent profit in the near future.

Long term you can't really go wrong with a rare, however in the short term it's really anybodies guess. You have to be quick on the market, buying and selling them fairly constantly to get the quick profits.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Purple: 870 - 890m (possibly even 900m but that's a stretch atm)

Yellow: 1.05 - 1.1B

Green: 1.3 - 1.4B

Reds: 1.6 - 1.7B

White: Not too sure but it seems to be hovering 2B - max cash

Blue: ... Anyone's guess but estimates are around 3.1 - 3.5B

and bonus

Cracker: Unknown but I've seen offers for 8 Billion geepee

I have no clue why they're skyrocketing again to be honest.... Just glad I got my yellow for 509m :)

I_Am_Farming.png

ye it's probably harder to get blue now than before free trade

So dumb.

+1. There are a lot of ways Jagex could alleviate the problems with trading over max cash without changing the memory allocation to the quantity of an item. As phat/nex drop med prices approach their true values, Blue Partyhats and Crackers will be impossible to buy except with temporarily bought out items (and since no one wants to deal with those the price will skyrocket even more).

2496 Completionist

ye it's probably harder to get blue now than before free trade

With sniping gone, street prices gone, it's all up to the phat owners to decide when to sell it. Since it's going for around 1.5 times the

max limit, the chances are slim to nothing. Players will want to turn to white, then red etc...Which may be why partyhats are going so high.

Ever since staking was re-introduced, players can double and triple their earnings in a matter of minutes which then yields more

demand to buy rare items. Not to brag or anything but I said this probably billion times already and knew what to expect.

Even if staking was gone and the limit still existed, players will want to hold on to their hats and their scarcity makes it very easy to

become bought out from circulation. Partyhats can still drop, but as seeing almost everybody has money to burn, and the

growing population seeks to own a discontinued item, it's highly unlikely that partyhats will drop at an affordable price.

This is the sad truth of discontinued items. There's simply not enough of them to please the general population and as

time goes on, it just gets worse.

Ever since staking was re-introduced, players can double and triple their earnings in a matter of minutes which then yields more

demand to buy rare items.

conversely, players who can lose billions in a matter of minutes yields more supply to sell off rare items to have liquid cash to stake or replace other losses.

demand to buy rare items.

conversely, players who can lose billions in a matter of minutes yields more supply to sell off rare items to have liquid cash to stake or replace other losses.

Unlikely, because if they lost billions, they probably staked the rare items to try to win their money back. Which is why you see so many party hat stakes...

It's official, all party hats are over 1B (apparently someone sold a purple for 1.25B but it's unconfirmed).

Red is approaching max cash rapidly.

White is max cash and some more, around 2.5B

Never thought I'd see the day that phats would all reach 1B each.

Yeh, it seems like Torva, higher phats are all max cash+. I gotta ask though, will it be possible to extend the limit

somehow? I would honestly hate to see "street" prices come back. >.>

It's official, all party hats are over 1B (apparently someone sold a purple for 1.25B but it's unconfirmed).

Yeh, it seems like Torva, higher phats are all max cash+. I gotta ask though, will it be possible to extend the limit

Spirit shards are the only way to really hold more than max cash but other than that, I don't see how people are gonna add more cash to a trade without breaking the limit other than using the faulty and stupid system of junk. One person can trade like 8b in shards to another but the other person would have to add the cracker and somehow fill up 5b with other things. I didn't think phats would go back to their pre ge street price.

I_Am_Farming.png

Spirit shards are the only way to really hold more than max cash but other than that, I don't see how people are gonna add more cash to a trade without breaking the limit other than using the faulty and stupid system of junk. One person can trade like 8b in shards to another but the other person would have to add the cracker and somehow fill up 5b with other things. I didn't think phats would go back to their pre ge street price.

gotta be honest, considering they were pushing 100m 3/4 years ago im nto suprised its got to this,.. can jagex not just up the max cash to like 20b?? seriously needs to happen. hell people had max cash in rsc, im guessing tens of thousands have it now.. needs to be changed!

We need another big money sink. There is just too much GP floating around this game.

no, that is just the selfish in you talking. what we need is a higher gp cap. price levels on everything else are fine, it's just by their very nature discontinueds' prices will rise like this.