Why Runescape needs instanced bosses.

Lugia_Lvl138

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, boss crowding is part of the reason these items are so rare. Making them available to anyone would devalue the items immensely, which is a bad thing,

These items aren't rare, the demand is just more than the supply.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

It's virtually impossible to duo any big boss during peak times. I love how Jagex supports the mass team over the small by calculating the kill based on sum of team damage, not the team of the player who did the most damage (like the old system)

lalalasig2.png

It's virtually impossible to duo any big boss during peak times. I love how Jagex supports the mass team over the small by calculating the kill based on sum of team damage, not the team of the player who did the most damage (like the old system)

So your saying.. If you and I were duo'ing LS Bandos and we both did the following damage...

You: 810

Me: 790

And a crasher runs in and hits 950 with claws...

That the crasher should get the drop even though you and I did 62% of the overall damage :?:

LS/CS worlds are designed for teams to kill in them, so it makes sense that the teams damage is added up to ensure the team that did the most overall damage receives the drop. If this was not the case, a single 138 could beat out a 20 man mass of level 100's almost every round.

So your saying.. If you and I were duo'ing LS Bandos and we both did the following damage...

That the crasher should get the drop even though you and I did 62% of the overall damage :?:

LS/CS worlds are designed for teams to kill in them, so it makes sense that the teams damage is added up to ensure the team that did the most overall damage receives the drop. If this was not the case, a single 138 could beat out a 20 man mass of level 100's almost every round.

That is indeed true. Jagex changed it a while ago, no idea why. Kinda annoying.

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

the only thing we need is much much harder bosses

like a clan only boss, one u cant solo

That's not the only thing we need but we do definitely need a boss like that. Everyone thought the corp would be that way then someone went and found a way to solo it <_<

I think you miss the point. Before lootshare, whoever dealt the most damage received the drop, and they would share it with their team (assuming they are selfless with their team, like lootshare ensures). With lootshare, you would then expect whoever deals the most damage to receive the drop, with the drop going to their team. This means you have to focus on actually doing DAMAGE, not just piling tons of people onto a team to out-hit the other team. Sadly, Jagex went in the other direction, making masses so effective and smaller teams virtually useless in the crowded boss-hunting world.

lalalasig2.png

I think you miss the point. Before lootshare, whoever dealt the most damage received the drop, and they would share it with their team (assuming they are selfless with their team, like lootshare ensures). With lootshare, you would then expect whoever deals the most damage to receive the drop, with the drop going to their team. This means you have to focus on actually doing DAMAGE, not just piling tons of people onto a team to out-hit the other team. Sadly, Jagex went in the other direction, making masses so effective and smaller teams virtually useless in the crowded boss-hunting world.

Oh I got what you were saying, but my point was LS/CS are team worlds. They are designed for teams, so the whole team should count for damage. If they didn't count the whole team, 138's (such as myself) would have a very high chance to get the drop over everyone else every kill, and frankly that's not fair to everyone else. If I am a single 138 and fighting against a mass of 20 level 100's I deserve to lose every time. I should not be able to win against that.

(1) 138 vs (20) 100's

138 hits 10%

Each 100 hits 4.5%.

If the highest damage done only mattered the team the 138 that hit 10% health would get the drop over the other team who did 90% of the overall damage.

On a non-ls world the drop does not go to the person who does 10% of the overall damage does it? No. So I say the same thing for LS/CS worlds, as the drop should not go to the team who only deals 10% of the overall damage.

So if you hate the Team-Based damage system then just stick do non-LS worlds.

This is a good example at how [bleepin] lame some people are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpls3mUr3-I

100 person mass vs 10 person crash team, who wins?

Kaiya_Tomiko.png Roky_X.png

Makes sense... it really seems like it's a long overdue update: there just aren't enough monsters to go around, and crashing ruins it for everyone.

Could the frequency of rare drops be decreased to compensate?

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

Another possible option is the rework of Runescape Worlds.

What I mean by that is, we would no longer have separate F2P and P2P worlds.

Make a "F2P" area with border guards just how the "starter area" is currently set up, and allow anyone to go on any world (except skill worlds and Designated F2P & P2P PvP/BH). There are alot of PRO's and CON's about this update, but doing this would essentially double the amount of bosses P2P could kill, while increasing the number of worlds available to everyone. Double the rune ore spawns, double the magic tree spawns, double the hunting spawns, ect..

The only major downfall is Members would have to compete with F2P in the F2P areas and vice versa, but then again there isn't that much to compete with as members have plenty of areas otherwise.

On one hand it would be good for P2P, but I can also see how F2P might feel overwhelmed when their beloved training spot is over-run by players with Godswords and Full Bandos. But then again more of a reason for players to upgrade to members, which is kinda what Jagex would want.

This is a really good idea, I hope someone will bring this idea to jagex' attention.

Lord_Beloved.png

Make a "F2P" area with border guards just how the "starter area" is currently set up, and allow anyone to go on any world (except skill worlds and Designated F2P & P2P PvP/BH). There are alot of PRO's and CON's about this update, but doing this would essentially double the amount of bosses P2P could kill, while increasing the number of worlds available to everyone. Double the rune ore spawns, double the magic tree spawns, double the hunting spawns, ect..

The only major downfall is Members would have to compete with F2P in the F2P areas and vice versa, but then again there isn't that much to compete with as members have plenty of areas otherwise.

On one hand it would be good for P2P, but I can also see how F2P might feel overwhelmed when their beloved training spot is over-run by players with Godswords and Full Bandos. But then again more of a reason for players to upgrade to members, which is kinda what Jagex would want.

This is a really good idea, I hope someone will bring this idea to jagex' attention.

Please, no. Apart from the resources this would take, it would bring us back to the "you can only do that on a members world" era for f2p. I doubt anyone wants that.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Makes sense... it really seems like it's a long overdue update: there just aren't enough monsters to go around, and crashing ruins it for everyone.

Could the frequency of rare drops be decreased to compensate?

I don't think that would be necessary. GWD items are the best gear in the game, if they become less rare and the price drops a bit, demand will likely increase to compensate. A lot of people can't afford GWD items, so if they became even a little bit more affordable you'd see a lot more people buying them.

I don't get why anyone thinks prices will drop too significantly anyway. GWD didn't used to be nearly as crowded and now it's so crowded almost everyone crashes because it's impossible to find a world, even increasingly so on non LS worlds.

The only thing I think is even capable of devaluing GWD items significantly is the introduction of better gear. Which Jagex said IS coming. So I don't see why we can't have instanced bosses, it would just make it that much funner without having to worry so much. I mean I can't imagine a more horrible feeling of GWDing, some crasher coming in and getting a hilt. Sickens me just thinking about it.

Please, no. Apart from the resources this would take, it would bring us back to the "you can only do that on a members world" era for f2p. I doubt anyone wants that.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I agree with anyone who thinks the game is just too easy, despite Jagex released more and more challenging bosses/quests for us to take on.

Take Nomad, for example. When that quest was released, I heard players were struggling to kill him. Hurrah, I exclaimed. A boss that Jagex has created that may take some time to kill. Nope, he was killed within the day the quest was released.

There is just no more challenge left for a vast majority of the RuneScape community. Puzzle based problems are solved instantly and high levelled monsters are killed after less than 24 hours of release.

Unfortunately, I am in neither state of mind or state of body to think of a solution at the moment (Ill :( ), but surely there is a light at the end of the tunnel?

/m\_(-.-)_/m\

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is any way a sign of lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just [bleep]ing lunacy" ~ Stephen Fry

LuMengjr.jpg

Perhaps Jagex should work on creating an uber-boss, something that would take literally hundreds of players working together to even hope of defeating. I think the reason they haven't done this yet is the fear that it could be "too hard" for people to bother.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

I agree with anyone who thinks the game is just too easy, despite Jagex released more and more challenging bosses/quests for us to take on.

Take Nomad, for example. When that quest was released, I heard players were struggling to kill him. Hurrah, I exclaimed. A boss that Jagex has created that may take some time to kill. Nope, he was killed within the day the quest was released.

There is just no more challenge left for a vast majority of the RuneScape community. Puzzle based problems are solved instantly and high levelled monsters are killed after less than 24 hours of release.

Unfortunately, I am in neither state of mind or state of body to think of a solution at the moment (Ill :( ), but surely there is a light at the end of the tunnel?

18 tries to kill nomad the day of the release with 95 attack, 90 strength, 99 defence and 95 prayer. Took less then a day to finally kill him but that doesn't mean he wasn't hard or a challenge. 18 tries really isn't anything though I've heard of people taking 50+ tries and met someone that did 78 tries. But you're right, we do need more hard bosses and I mean actual bosses that you can kill more then once not a quest boss. Perhaps a boss three to four times harder then the corporal beast that might prevent people from figuring out a way to solo and a quick way to kill in a team.

I think that anything released in the future should be solo-able (mainly because I don't like having to get a team together, I will admit), but make it difficult like corp to solo. Make it take one person with pretty much every weapon at their disposal to have a hope of getting it down (insanely high defence so SWH is pretty much needed, a ton of hp, a high DPS rate, etc), but make it possible. I don't think that having a boss that is possible to solo is a bad thing -- just make it difficult.

Really, I think something like Nomad, just not as predictable. Vary his attacks a bit -- for example, the mine attack will not necessarily be right before the 75 damage attack. And when he does use the 75 damage attack, he gives almost no warning so you can just barely get behind the pillar in time, if you even can (depending on your placement in the room). That would be going in the right direction.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

why we need harder

this is big bad corp vs a 127 without any pvp gear and NO STAT HAMMER, im taking him on in his full stats full def, was 13 min fight

62c5c.png

seriously if 7 of my bres from familiar didnt despaw he was toast, thats just sad for the hardest boss

a_final_name.png

• 2 weeks later...

Plenty of good ideas in this thread, I had no idea that competition for Runescape bosses have degraded to this.

Well, one thing people have mentioned is giving old bosses newer (and possibly more valuable) drops. This had happened before when the KQ had the Dragon 2-hander added to its drop table.

I'm assuming everyone has thought of this in one way, subconsciously or not, but these problems came from the trade restrictions. Essentially being such that once your group got the drop(with the person doing the most damage seeing the drop), the person would sell it and share the money with everyone (I remember this happening many times, I was fine with it) or if one of us wanted it, they'd simply have to pay money of everyone elses' share. Converting a lot of the rest of the non-share/non-theme worlds (or making some worlds multithemed) would help, while leaving a decent amount for the people who want to solo at least. I'm not sure on how the servers are distributed in terms of the percentage of share worlds against non-shares, but conversion of worlds that aren't aligned would help at the very least for the meantime (since there would be more people gaining such levels and equipment to be able to fight the bosses.) Mixing F2P and P2P worlds may be against the agenda anyway, since it would revert back into the idea that F2P is just a demo. It's like having a fridge/freezer combination (where both are separate but the freezer supplies some cold air to the fridge) then destroying part of the separator and adding a grate.

They already have existing examples of instanced areas, with extra additions to solve problems that arose from changes. One thing that may occur is if they used the code where graves appear outside the area (or in a specified area). If a player dies inside the instanced room then the grave would spawn outside, causing the problem of teammates wanting to bless the grave being unable to reach it. If it spawns inside, then there's the problem of the possibility of the person who died being removed from the room (by kick or otherwise, but if it's d/c, the person would be reconnected.) On the chance of the player being kicked, they wouldn't be able to re-enter the room they died in, and hence, unreachable grave.

Well there could be a whole bunch of issues with death, but some of them are too trivial.

As for the general gist of this, I'd support instanced rooms/bosses at least.