POLL: What were your thoughts on the Bonus XP Weekend?

Cowman_133

I was too busy IRL to play runescape over the weekend so I didn't really get into the double exp. I'd like to actually be part of the weekend but I don't think that even if they do another one, it won't be for a while yet.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion the idea of a special weekend was good BUT should be balanced better for the future:

* It gave far too value to buyables. It didn't just make people to save money and time, but also made them ridicilously fast. In my opinion there's a problem if one weekend is enough to get over 50 million summoning xp, for under 50% cost of course. Not to mention 40m herblore or others. Sure, people wasted money BUT the affecting factors bigger. They saved over 50% of the hours that are required to make the money and in summoning, charms too. In other words the save came from preparations.

* I find it stupid that things that already gave bonus didn't get any multipliers. In my opinion this is comparable to collecting charms before hand: it means that those who have their altars, have ground their bones, worked for SC points or such get the maximum benefits. But as there's no multiplier, you get punished for the work: people who worked for their SC hammers for example would get zero benefits from the xp date if they were to train smith or con.

* For people who trained non-buyables, they saved roughly 10 hours after training for 10 hours. If a miner mined for 10 hours, it equals to 20 normal hours. However if you did potions for 10 hours, he saved 10 hours AND money. If he did for example 10k potions in that time and lost 2k per, he would have saved 20 million gp. By earning 1m per hour (that requires some skills) he ended up saving 30 hours. Fair for the miner? In my opinion not.

I'd personally liketo see special weekends/days/hours in the future but with this kind of upgrades:

* Either limit the maximum xp to something sane (3-4m per skill or so wouldn't be too bad) or limit the skill choices. I personally wouldn't mind at all if skills that can't be boosted through stealing creation wouldn't get any multipliers.

* Give the specials as surprises. Now the fact that it was announced beforehand caused problems: summoning 2nds for example became unbuyable and other prices were affected too. If it had become as a surprise, the markets wouldn't have reacted as strongly as they did.

* Make the multiplier a stable thing. By making it 2x for the whole time would equal for more balaned training: now people were "forced" to do summoning for the first hours, meaning banks and Piscatoris obelisk were laggy and busy. If people could have trained slayer for example during the busiest 4 hours, it would have saved a lot of nerves.

All in all, needs fixing but not a bad thing at all.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

I thought it was well done and a good idea. I totally don't get why people got so melodramatic at so called 'Judex' for having the thing degrade that little bit quicker. Sure you might have lost some experience - but it's experience you wouldn't have gotten in the first place if they hadn't done this.

Personally I found it a bit of a flop. I liked getting the experience but I really hated how much pressure it put on you to OMGGRINDGRINDGRIND. I didn't even bother logging on yesterday because I couldn't be bothered with it.

i comletely agree i enjoyed the extra exp, but i didn't get to play for more than an hour over the whole weekend and that put even more unwanted pressure.

They should have some way of adjusting it so that people are encouraged to do whatever skill they wanted to.

I mean, it would've been great with ANY skill...but lets face it, you can use so many charms in 1 hour that it saves you like 30+ hours of playtime. I used 550 blues, which means I got the exp for 1300-1500 blues. I used 2k crims which means I got the exp from 4-5k crims about. A total savings of like 6k crimson charms worth of exp.

If you mined during the event, you would just save 1-1.7 hours per hour for the first couple hours...ammounting to like 6-8 hours saved overall.

It just shouldnt be like..."Okay if you ever want to get summoning up, you better just do it this weekend cause itll save SO much time."

There should be some type of equalizing factor.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

They should have some way of adjusting it so that people are encouraged to do whatever skill they wanted to.

I mean, it would've been great with ANY skill...but lets face it, you can use so many charms in 1 hour that it saves you like 30+ hours of playtime. I used 550 blues, which means I got the exp for 1300-1500 blues. I used 2k crims which means I got the exp from 4-5k crims about. A total savings of like 6k crimson charms worth of exp.

If you mined during the event, you would just save 1-1.7 hours per hour for the first couple hours...ammounting to like 6-8 hours saved overall.

It just shouldnt be like..."Okay if you ever want to get summoning up, you better just do it this weekend cause itll save SO much time."

a solution for that has already come up: a bonus experience cap instead of a decreasing bonus multiplier. This way you dont have to worry about getting as much exp in as short a time possible, you can just relax and do any skill you like because everyone gets the same amount of total bonus experience.

Lord_Beloved.png

a solution for that has already come up: a bonus experience cap instead of a decreasing bonus multiplier. This way you dont have to worry about getting as much exp in as short a time possible, you can just relax and do any skill you like because everyone gets the same amount of total bonus experience.

An XP cap would mean that people are going to spend the whole weekend no-lifing and grinding to make sure they get the most out of it and reach this cap, this can be just as unhealthy over the weekend.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Hated it because it made so much stuff unbuyable for a long period, and I couldn't do a thing because every single person was merching items.

I didn't really work to get a level because 2.7x exp was crap when you have enough brawlers to get 99s in multiple skills with a 4x bonus instead. But either way... I probably wouldn't have trained those skills even if I didn't have brawlers. All the skills that didn't take brawlers were buyables... or runecrafting. I'm broke right now, and was broke during the whole 2 weeks of preparation. I didn't want to runecraft really.

I loved how they said it would hardly have an effect on the economy when it caused so much stuff to become unbuyable (and now stuff is crashing)... and also more people will be able to make extremes now which is going to hurt GWD a lot for those that are poorer (like me). Also summoning? Almost everyone trained that. I was going to but I didn't pull up the money to use my charms.

So yeah didn't like it too much.

Oh yeah, a lot of people went to pvp to train and I found SO much loot but in places that would require a team to kill but no one else wanted to come with me :( Free whips were everywhere... And by Saturday everyone that was training there in pvp was gone :(

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

For this being the first time Jagex has done this, I thought it turned out fine. If they decide to do another one (pl0x?) they will have a chance to work out any bugs or whatever.

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015

An XP cap would mean that people are going to spend the whole weekend no-lifing and grinding to make sure they get the most out of it and reach this cap, this can be just as unhealthy over the weekend.

By setting a some kind of sane xp gap, I hardly doubt it. If we say that the extra xp gap is qp*st [qp = quest points, st = skill total) for example, it wouldn't require too much nolifing if it lasted for 72 hours like this one. Currently with the max overall and qp, that would equal to 712,8k extra xp. Also for newer players there could be a set minimum xp limit, for example at least 200k extra xp even for those who have zero qp and minimum overall. That way it wouldn't shake the markets too badly (as no one would need ridicilous amounts of 2nds or herb materials), wouldn't encourage to do nothing else during the weekend and we could avoid seeing ridicilous amounts of xp during a minimal period of time. In my opinion bonus xp's should be what they called: BONUS xp, not a way to get from lvl 80 to 20m total xp in 2 days and save hundreds of millions of gp. By basing the limit to quest points and skill total it would benefit mainly those who have put effort into allrounded gameplay instead of overtraining melees for example (and getting charms for 50m+ xp).

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

They could just include the cap with the multiplier but the multiplier completely stops at 10 hours no matter what day you get it on. I thought the xp multiplier was supposed to turn off after 10 hours anyway, instead it just stayed at 1.1x the whole weekend.

Solves two things:

No-lifing for tons of xp.

Insane amounts of xp in one skill over an extremely short period of time.

I'm fine with the idea of a bonus xp weekend as long as they don't become excessive. That being said, the whole rounding issue was pretty.. ridiculous. I'd think this would have been an obvious mistake if Jagex has properly tested it before release. I'm still very glad to have gotten the xp that I did though.

Also, I don't really like the feeling of "OMG I HAVE TO HURRY" that the bonus xp weekend gave. I constantly felt like I had to push myself because I was racing against the clock. I had to make sure that if I got sidetracked by forums/rl that I logged out so I didn't keep the timer going. I found myself turning off PM because talking to people would greatly slow down my runecrafting and thus waste a lot of xp.

My feelings exactly!

IMO it was great, got me 88-95 summoning, 70-71 RC and 83-85 farming.

Only thing that buggs me about this weekend is that the XP-modifier went down faster than it was said to go.

Other than that it was great. :thumbup:

Sad to say I didn't read through the front page post to find out exactly how fast the xp-modifier would go down.. so I wasn't as disappointed. But I don't think they should have a count-down at all!

• 2 weeks later...

There was alot of player complaining about the grinding, saying its jagex that made them grind because either they wanted alot of exp, or the timer was going down to fast (wich is both almost the same)

i think its not really jagex faultif you went grinding on a skill, cuting off discussion with friends so you can GRINDGRINDGRIND

it might be on the other side .. wich would be the player fault, a lack of discipline maybe, also.. wasnt this game made to be fun?

we need to consider "ourself" too in part of the problem, isnt alway others fault (in this case, jagex)

should we get where is the limit before we bypass it...

ive done 1m exp in summon in about 2h, not cuting myself from talking, since 2x exp is still better than 1x exp, after running out of charms, i just went away, doing my normal activities (slayer, with 2x ..along with dark beast, almost giving 1k slayer exp a kill)

could have done something else after, its the 2x exp, GRINDGRINDGRIND

nah.. once done with my assigned task, i went to get another, didnt feel like doing it so i just went to do something else

its not jagex fault if i didnt abuse it, neither its their fault if some say i did with summoning, i didnt prepare myself either for that weekend considering it would be unfair, i just done what i wanted to do

wasnt a stressfull moment of rushing here and around...

just get yourself You limit

Also.. for the market prices, some got alot of exp out of it, buying ressources, on the other hand.. maybe some poor people sold their stuff to make money, waiiting price to be normal... then buy back the material, getting their exp there

Didn't participate, I was busy with something whole weekend. <_< (Forgot what exactly.) And now I'm pissed I lost so much sum ranks. I WANTZZ JAGEX TO ROLLLLBACKKK@@

Note, this was just spam to post this:

pkfrlg013.png

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

The rounding xp pissed me off. And after I got 89 summon, and rc'ed some I just goofed around for the last 5 hours xD

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge