POLL: What were your thoughts on the Bonus XP Weekend?

Cowman_133

This week's poll asks:

What were your thoughts on the Bonus XP Weekend?

• It was fabulously done!
  • It was done fine, but could have been implemented better.
  • It was poorly done.
  • My thoughts are neutral.
  • I did not attend the Bonus XP Weekend.

>>> Vote Now! <> View the Results <<<

Still see the old poll? Press [CTRL+F5] or [Apple+R] to force a full reload of the page.

Would you like to see your poll question on the main page? Submit one here!

1.png
generic_signature.png

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i enjoyed the vent just fine... but really earks me is emily said nexus and his team had tested it and ready to upload to main servers... but some how they missed it degrading to fast...

i dont see how those 2 things can mix... its not like it was a week long event... it was only supposed to be 10 hours... how do you miss it going down every hour at 3 points each (till 1.5) if you tested it

someone was either not doing their job or someone lied... its as simple as that. whats even worse, they refused to fix it... even when only out for a couple hours... could done a quick rollback of an hour, fixed it and bam... no harm no foul

dj_phox.png

Got 7th vote, I never had time to play seriously this weekend but it was a nice idea on behalf of Jagex. Although it could've been fine tuned a little better hopefully the next Bonus XP weekend will be improved with the flaws brought up by this test run, maybe a max xp cap for a single skill? or spread the Bonus XP time limit over a longer period? Something along those lines.

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

To be honest I thought it was an alright idea initially but could have been done better. For one more people played this weekend then usual which was to be expected, but its the weekend its a time to go out and enjoy what life has to offer and I think for the most part alot of people just no lifed. To each his own I guess...I just hope this occurs perhaps once or twice a year at most.

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

I really like this idea, but as I voted it was implemented wrong. They messed up the degrade of the modifier. But besides that it was good. Do this twice a year would be great in my opinion.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

i enjoyed the vent just fine... but really earks me is emily said nexus and his team had tested it and ready to upload to main servers... but some how they missed it degrading to fast...

i dont see how those 2 things can mix... its not like it was a week long event... it was only supposed to be 10 hours... how do you miss it going down every hour at 3 points each (till 1.5) if you tested it

someone was either not doing their job or someone lied... its as simple as that. whats even worse, they refused to fix it... even when only out for a couple hours... could done a quick rollback of an hour, fixed it and bam... no harm no foul

Oh, no, no, no, a roll back would have been even worst. Some people had already said that they were very happy the event started on Friday, as they were going to be gone all weekend, but because it started so early, they could still get in a few solid hours of game play (some person mentioned going on a camping trip). If they had come back to find a roll back, they would have made heads roll. I think, if truly a mistake it was, Jagex had no choice but to keep it rolling. At least it happened to everyone, and not just a select few. Feel bad for the people it inconvienced though.

I'm fine with the idea of a bonus xp weekend as long as they don't become excessive. That being said, the whole rounding issue was pretty.. ridiculous. I'd think this would have been an obvious mistake if Jagex has properly tested it before release. I'm still very glad to have gotten the xp that I did though.

Also, I don't really like the feeling of "OMG I HAVE TO HURRY" that the bonus xp weekend gave. I constantly felt like I had to push myself because I was racing against the clock. I had to make sure that if I got sidetracked by forums/rl that I logged out so I didn't keep the timer going. I found myself turning off PM because talking to people would greatly slow down my runecrafting and thus waste a lot of xp.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I liked the idea but next time, they need to make something like the Stealing Creation tools with a with a multiplier/timer depending on which skill you do.

Just so not everyone does summoning/herblore.

Something so it's equally balanced so you can't get massive xp in one skill in almost no xp in another.

Voted 2nd btw.

Since 04:01 you get 1.5x. To put it blunt, that's marginally higher than 1.1x. I could say that everyone who was stupid enough to trust the graph and was going to train prayer lost a big deal.

I voted that it was poorly done. No activities give bonus XP, but Circus and Pyramid Plunder does. The graph provided by authors was, in fact, wrong, and they decided to do nothing about it. Also, the fact that it was members-only, means it should have at least matched the description, but nooo... The quality of updates/releases is going down?

What is more, the over-hyped release attracted even retired people (like me), just to show that the game, despite over 2x xp (even though you could enjoy that for a few hours max) is still incredibly boring when it comes to training skills. After training agility, magic and crafting a little bit, I decided to act like everyone else and train the fully afk-able (hence liked and boasted about by the everyday 'scaper) skill: slayer (constitution, attack, defense & strength included). Since it's fully afkable, it wasn't that awful to spend the multiplier on.

P.S. I still haven't reached the 5-hour mark. Guess I just can't be bothered to play RS anymore.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

I'm completely against the idea of having "Bonus XP Weekends"; I thought it was managed nicely, but it's simply too much of a "good thing".

Leveling in Runescape has inevitably become easier over time, but implementing something like this is taking it too far. The sheer amount of experience which can be gained during these events is almost repungnant; I'm sure anyone who's seen some of the "before & after pictures" from the event would agree (especially those involving Summoning and Herblore experience gains). Concerning myself, I choose, for the most part, not to participate in the frenzy. I believe I ran a single Farming run and Runecrafted for an hour or two at the Ourania Altar, and that was the extent of my weekend playing. It wouldn't feel right (IMO) to take advantage of what I see as a mistake on Jagex's part.

I sincerely hope that another Bonus Weekend will not be planned, as I believe that too many will begin to seriously devalue RS gameplay. The events will ultimately cause a great deal of chaos every time they are announced, and, along with the exorbitant amount of experience which can be gained during each, they simply will become more trouble than they're worth.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

I liked the event and made several levels this weekend. However, I can see the point being made by all those who've been playing a lot longer than myself. This kind of event could be a bad thing if it were to happen too often. Once maybe twice a year and defiantly fix the multiplier issue before it's ever done again. I also felt rushed with the timer counting down so rapidly. Any time I had to take a quick break I was constantly logging out so it wouldn't keep going down. Getting a random event wasn't nice either as I watched my timer go down while I did it as fast as possible. All in all it needs some tweaking before it gets done again if ever.

was kind of mad about the thing going down too fast. And got annoyed when wasnt training at full speed instead of just training relaxed like usual. got a craft and con level then went to mining.

I thhink that they should have option to turn bonus exp off and use the penancehorn/sc tools instead of being at 1.1 and cripled rest of weekend.

think the bonus exp shoulda been at 1.5 or so when it stopped...1.1 is not even justifiable enough to turn off horn/sc.

as for herblore its fast anyway and yes saves money but basically its not a big deal in the long run as sc saves money/double exp too

but for summon it should be normal exp during the event and make some other bonus like double drops of charms....because halving the charms has such a bigger impact than halfing the herblore money..

StarViv.png

I hope they never have another one. Should I hold onto my charms and herbs all year in anticipation of the next extra exp weekend? It's just too stressful for me. All I did was a little agility, firemaking, runecrafting, and then I played BA for the rest of the weekend.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I enjoyed the exp weekend, but I won't mind awfully if they decide to not do any more. I think that it was rather poorly implemented, IMO, what with the total multiplier going down too fast and there being a huge amount of summoning training (I'm a huge hypocrite on this, I used this weekend to get Summoning and Herblore exp.)

Overall, I'm happy. I got to 90 summoning from 81, and 70 herblore from 66, so I took advantage of it.

Mungo_0.png

awesomesiggeh2.jpg

Yes... Yes, that's what he said.

Siggeh1.jpg

Siggeh2.jpg

:D

Not sure if I liked the bonus experience weekend or not. Sure it was nice to get a ton of cheap experience in skills like summoning or herblore but truth to be told it really just wasn't fun. Like others have mentioned the whole time you feel rushed to a point where you forget that you're actually playing the game to have a good time.

Plus the amount of experienced gained in some skills was enormous; some of the top players got upwards of 20M experience this weekend. Even though Jagex messed up on the formula, in a way I'm kind of glad they did because I think we got more than enough free experience anyways. Players who missed out on this will almost find their experience has been degraded because of the amount of time they will have to spend to catch up with everyone else.

That being said if they could fix those problems I wouldn't mind having another one, although not for quite some time. Once or twice a year would be kind of nice, but if we never have another it wouldn't be a huge loss to me.

Not sure if I liked the bonus experience weekend or not. Sure it was nice to get a ton of cheap experience in skills like summoning or herblore but truth to be told it really just wasn't fun. Like others have mentioned the whole time you feel rushed to a point where you forget that you're actually playing the game to have a good time.

Plus the amount of experienced gained in some skills was enormous; some of the top players got upwards of 20M experience this weekend. Even though Jagex messed up on the formula, in a way I'm kind of glad they did because I think we got more than enough free experience anyways. Players who missed out on this will almost find their experience has been degraded because of the amount of time they will have to spend to catch up with everyone else.

That being said if they could fix those problems I wouldn't mind having another one, although not for quite some time. Once or twice a year would be kind of nice, but if we never have another it wouldn't be a huge loss to me.

Twice a year is too much IMHO. I would think that either once a year or (even better) before a new skill is released (that would roughly equal to once/1,5-3y). What would be better than Bonus XP weekends would be the Restricted XP weekdays, which would slowly[ (due to a mistake on Jagex part, fastly) degrade your XP gain from 1.0x to 0.1x (no effect on quests and some activities) over time.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

I thought it was well done and a good idea. I totally don't get why people got so melodramatic at so called 'Judex' for having the thing degrade that little bit quicker. Sure you might have lost some experience - but it's experience you wouldn't have gotten in the first place if they hadn't done this.

Personally I found it a bit of a flop. I liked getting the experience but I really hated how much pressure it put on you to OMGGRINDGRINDGRIND. I didn't even bother logging on yesterday because I couldn't be bothered with it.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I thought it was well done and a good idea. I totally don't get why people got so melodramatic at so called 'Judex' for having the thing degrade that little bit quicker. Sure you might have lost some experience - but it's experience you wouldn't have gotten in the first place if they hadn't done this.

Thats not the point. They first said how it should work but it just didn't. Thats false information and with no doubt criticizeable.

[404] Signature not found.

Terrible idea that should never be done again. If they continue doing this, skills like Summoning and Herblore will only be trained on these weekends, which will ruin the entire point of the game IMO. It's clear that one weekend is enough for people to gain massive xp and levels in these money sinks.

Terrible idea that should never be done again. If they continue doing this, skills like Summoning and Herblore will only be trained on these weekends, which will ruin the entire point of the game IMO. It's clear that one weekend is enough for people to gain massive xp and levels in these money sinks.

The idea itself wasn't a problem, they just didn't think about how unfair the difference is between "normal" skills and summoning (and to some extend herblore). Because the major part of summoning is charm gathering and not the actual lvling (they intentionally made it that fast) they should have made the bonus apply to charm drops, not to the gained experience. This somewhat proofs they don't full understand how things work in rs otherwise they would have taken measures against it as it's unbalanced. I am VERY critical about this and hope they will learn from it.

But, this doesn't mean the idea was failed. It was a very good community event and it really felt like one, seeing that was the main purpose i have to say they accomplished this greatly. Although for the future some changes need to be made. Either remove skills that can be prepared beforehand from the bonus multiplier or (and this is my favorite) make an experience cap instead of a decreasing multiplier, this way everyone gets the same amount of bonus exp and everyone will have had a fair choice where to use it on.

/edit: I forgot to mention that normal bonus multipliers should stay in affect for future bonus weekends but should not stack. This is for the people that just want to keep doing their regular training (like gilded altar training) and aren't bothered with the bonus multiplier. I'm going to assume they disabled these because of technical difficulties though.

Lord_Beloved.png