Chinese One Child Policy and should it be instated in India?

Faux

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see this happening. Anyway, the one child policy will screw China over in the long run, as they will have MAJOR problems with an ageing population. That is, they will pretty much be crippled by huge number of retired folk having to be supported by the population of the working age (15-65). With each family only having one child, that one person then has to support two others. To replace the current population, you need an average birth rate of 2.1 (Birth rate = total births/total fertile women in population), so this keeps the population in a steady state (eg, not increasing or declining). Many other countries in the world are facing a similar problem, parts of Europe, Japan, NZ and Australia, but not on the same scale as China however. This is why China is not necessarily a good example

You just summarized exactly what I learned about in human geo this chapter ( population).

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

To combat population, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to change our mindset concerning sexuality. In order to decrease the illegitimate births, it is necessary to place a social stigma on such people. Change the female mindset and limit their sexual freedom. Make premarital sex "an unspeakable taboo". Of course, this may seem backward, but it would certainly help the population if society's mindset worked this way once more.

With that said, make abortion legal and strongly advocate the use of contraceptives. If the population needs to be bolstered in the future, outlaw abortion and discourage the use of contraceptives.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

In response to the basic question.Yes in my opinion, when i was in seventh grade my teacher showed me this site where they essentially had population counters, in India 3 babies were born a second. Also as for the Chinese policy, I've talked with a girl from China(it wasn't easy her english was poor and I spoke no chinese) and you can have more than 1 kid, at least in rural areas where large families help tend crops. Also i have HEARD that you can also have more than one kid anywhere if you like BUT the government only pays for the first kid and you have to pay the government back for the first kid and you have to pay for the rest if you have more than 1. Is the policy right? Its probably a hell of a lot nicer than millions dying from disease and malnutrition.

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

321, you are wrong.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Not to sound too dark, but I think since nature seems pretty cyclical in most regards and tends to fix itself, before we overpopulate there will be another Bubonic Plague-esque occurrence. Mix in a couple of wars massacring large numbers of people, and if the cures for major diseases were found then just keep them at a very high price so that they would not be available to the common person and we'd be back to a low good number. Now I'm not saying that these things should be provoked, but war and disease as well as corporate greed are always present.

In the end, things will balance if people do not interfere too much.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

china vs india in combat with swords and bows and arrows.

Would be fun to watch.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

They want to have the One-Child Policy in the U.K. and in the United States also.

One-child Policy is a success, says top Labour aide

http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/daily-mail-london-england-the/mi_8002/is_2009_Sept_22/child-china-success-labour-aide/ai_n38360907/

Obamas Science Czar: wants to have Forced Abortions and Mass Sterilization, rather if the people know they are getting sterilize or not , such as chemicals in the water supply or GMO Foods such as Spermicidal Corn and Rice that have been develop for that reason.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/john-holdren-obamas-science-czar-forced-abortions-and-mass-sterilization-needed-to-save-the-planet.html

They want to have the One-Child Policy in the U.K. and in the United States also.

Bah. In both countries, it's better to just limit immigration in order to help prevent the amount of families coming in. There will still be population problems later on, though.

I guess that it wouldn't be a bad idea for some families in the UK and the United States to consider moving to Canada. :thumbup:

EDIT: Also, imagine what the Western world would be like if the Black Death never happened! About 40-50% of the population of Europe perished during the period.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I think a one child policy is a bad idea because of future retirement problems, and it never occurred to me but a two child policy would work great to even out population.

Forced abortion and sterilization? that just seems like an abomination of our free choice. I definitely would vote against it.

Bah. In both countries, it's better to just limit immigration in order to help prevent the amount of families coming in. There will still be population problems later on, though.

I guess that it wouldn't be a bad idea for some families in the UK and the United States to consider moving to Canada. :thumbup:

EDIT: Also, imagine what the Western world would be like if the Black Death never happened! About 40-50% of the population of Europe perished during the period.

That guy has to be joking right? If he thinks that replicating China's one child policy will help the economy... As I've stated, an ageing population of the same magnituted that China is facing will cripple the economy in the future. And all this talk of forced sterilisation, I can even begin to imagine how you'd go about trying to get legislation like that passed, what a joke.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Maybe instead of a one child policy there should be a zero child policy for about 15 years.

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015

321, you are wrong.

He is not wrong about one thing, you CAN have more than one baby, but you have to endure stress put on you by both your family and the government with a heavy fine(5k or something? No idea). You lose education benefits+free medical care, so yeh you could but it is almost always a bad idea.

To combat population, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to change our mindset concerning sexuality. In order to decrease the illegitimate births, it is necessary to place a social stigma on such people. Change the female mindset and limit their sexual freedom. Make premarital sex "an unspeakable taboo". Of course, this may seem backward, but it would certainly help the population if society's mindset worked this way once more.

With that said, make abortion legal and strongly advocate the use of contraceptives. If the population needs to be bolstered in the future, outlaw abortion and discourage the use of contraceptives.

Believe it or not but we do, it is considered a great dishonor to have sex/pregnant before getting married, but it is still not enough, a forced population control is the only way to go.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Not to sound too dark, but I think since nature seems pretty cyclical in most regards and tends to fix itself, before we overpopulate there will be another Bubonic Plague-esque occurrence. Mix in a couple of wars massacring large numbers of people, and if the cures for major diseases were found then just keep them at a very high price so that they would not be available to the common person and we'd be back to a low good number. Now I'm not saying that these things should be provoked, but war and disease as well as corporate greed are always present.

In the end, things will balance if people do not interfere too much.

Yeah, that's always kind of what I thought. I'm absolutely sure that someday, something terrible is going to happen to the human race, because we are so freaking overpopulated. Everything nature throws at us though, we tend to stomp on and destroy.. Remember H1N1? That was supposed to be a big deal wasn't it.. guess not. :P

Blakdragon39.png

Actually, it'll be like that flash game Bowman. But with a giant [wagon] mountain between them.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Hey China is not doing so bad, we just put the elders in retirement homes and it cut down the cost by a ton. Also because of our culture, it is very unlikely for us to have accidental pregency, hell some of us stick to the tradition of not having sex until we get married.

False. I say they are doing a huge mistake. There's a huge overpopulation of males and not enough females. The effects of this wrongdoing is already being felt now.

Hey China is not doing so bad, we just put the elders in retirement homes and it cut down the cost by a ton. Also because of our culture, it is very unlikely for us to have accidental pregency, hell some of us stick to the tradition of not having sex until we get married.

False. I say they are doing a huge mistake. There's a huge overpopulation of males and not enough females. The effects of this wrongdoing is already being felt now.

What effects? Chinese men started taking your american women?

Thats a problem, but its more cultural based, what are you going to do about it?

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Although China and India have larger populations, their contribution to 'overpopulation' is less than America's. Sure a place like Calcutta is a cesspool, but the average Indian citizen is not consuming and producing waste at nearly the same rate as an American. We should be limiting our population.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

No it should not be instated.

When people are educated and provided with contraceptives, they have fewer children without encountering any ethical boundaries or violating any human rights.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.