autoers still a problem?

gotsol

So, I have been around runescape for sometime now as you can prolly see by the date ive joined these forums, i've seen alot of autoer types come and go from fishing, wc, mining etc. I do remember recently readying previously about some certain high levels i think jagex posted there skill totals but no names, so it has seem jagex has once got it back under control, i thought. recently ive decided to start killing chaos druids in edge dungeon for alittle extra cash on my pure. And no matter what world I go to there is 10-15 people there 3 items usually no more, they dont talk and seem to follow around in a certain route around the chaos druid spawns. reminds me so much of the green dragon autoers, anyone else have thoughts on it? or been to edge dungeon chaos druids recently to see this? Am I just bored at edge and loosing it? thoughts comments?

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot less autoers, most of them are private use nowadays, just people too lazy to play the game, or getting powerleveled. They are also less public than before, and tend to do their business in dungeons and in obscure locations. Like in the old days.

One of the best ways still to catch a bot is to report it.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Or they just don't want to talk to you/others around them. I played for about 30 minutes mining iron in the same pattern, and got asked if I was a bot twice. It's fairly a common sight.

The simple answer is, yes there are still macros. There used to be 2 main types of macros. Gold farmers and main/pure macros. Gold farmers weren't always actual macros (players playing multiple accs at once to get GP to sell) but acted close enough that Jagex refered to them as macros for simplicity's sake. These have more or less been wiped out. Now all that remains are the people who macro on thier mains/pures. Jagex tries as hard as they can to catch them all, but as jagex evolves so do the macros.

Also, those people that they mentioned were part of the bolt dupe, not macroing. Jagex did however stick a reference at the end of the article about how they don't like cheating of any sort, including macroing.

Autoers were never really killed, and i don't think they will be. Although, i do think jagex has done a great job at greatly reducing their numbers, and even stopping some of the current ones.

I usually see an auto fisher in the guild every week or so, but they always end up getting stuck running back and forth until they get reported and banned =). Sadly i do know some of the more popular areas to bot such as red chincompa it is easier to see bots. Still, nothing like the problem we had in the past.

In my opinion most of the direction with autoers is either to train someone's account, or to beef up an account to sell. Instead of the autoers who just did it for the gold to sell.

jpegsigtest.jpg

I've seen a few hunting red chins recently.. had fun taking their traps spots, setting up cannon, Faruq's directional flowers, dropping items until their invo is full, etc. :XD:

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

I do think its mostly people who try to power lvl instead of getting GP to sell, since that type of bot has dwindle down significantly.

Simply report them will do the job since amount of autoers has reduced a lot compare to the old days. We can at least deal with that much.

Being said that, people are also too paranoid at times due to those botphobia and want to confirm those who seem so autonomous such as firemaking or mining.

PS: which is hard to tell, I could be mining at the same time and reading stuff, and not really paying attention if anyone is talking to me.

a happy Runescaper

Or they just don't want to talk to you/others around them. I played for about 30 minutes mining iron in the same pattern, and got asked if I was a bot twice. It's fairly a common sight.

Rarely a day goes by that I don't encounter this as well. Lower to midlevel players assume that if you don't speak to them and you are a higher level, you must therefore be a bot. :wall:

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Rarely a day goes by that I don't encounter this as well. Lower to midlevel players assume that if you don't speak to them and you are a higher level, you must therefore be a bot. :wall:

When i was at ape atoll agility course they would shout my name until i answered, and then be quiet, somewhat like stewie.

Stewie: "Mum. Mother. Mommy. Mum. Mom. Mooom. Mama. Mother. Mummy."

Lois: "WHAT?"

Stewie: *giggles* "Hi." *runs off*

Which is wierd because i must have been the least effective bot ever. Too much multitasking. Watching movies, doing homework, facebook, drawing and reading series.

Accounts purely for autoing are rarer than macroers and other forms of AFK now, I think. While being AFK is against the rules, it seems a large amount of people think it's perfectly fine to do. <_<

Does anyone know if a banned account still shows in the highscores? I'm ignorant about this, but I wondered since I've been trying to deal with the macroers I run into lately.

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

Accounts purely for autoing are rarer than macroers and other forms of AFK now, I think. While being AFK is against the rules, it seems a large amount of people think it's perfectly fine to do. <_<

Does anyone know if a banned account still shows in the highscores? I'm ignorant about this, but I wondered since I've been trying to deal with the macroers I run into lately.

once banned an account no longer shows up on the highscores.

Melencholy.png

Questcape first achieved: Sept 20, 2009
99 agility march 11th 2010

99 Magic - some point in 2012

I don't think that people think afk'ing is allowed, it's more of a mix-up in what terms to use.

When i normally speak about afk-training/skills. I mean skills that need a low amount of clicking, so I can watch a movie in the same time, or swap over to TIF and read/write here. This is also perfectly allowed, because you are in control of your account at all times, even if your eyes aren't fixed on the RS screen all the time

The AFK'ing that is forbidden, is the one where you just start the training, and goes away from the computer, leaving your account to train for itself. Very few believe that this is allowed, and the ones that do it, do a calculated risk, og risk/reward. The benefits of it is about the same as macroing, since you can train without playing yourself, it's only that the game mechanics keep you going, instead of software.

Scherzo.png

Afk training is allowed, as long as you auto-log after 5 minutes. If it wasn't, that means you couldn't click a tree, and run to get a drink, cuz thats afk training.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

^ The point was the player mod is able to talk to the player, even if their chat is off. If they don't respond to a mod talking, they're either afk, botting, or really grumpy.

If a player mod talks to me while I have private chat OFF I hope it's a very serious matter, not something simple as wether I bot or not.. You know: maybe I have private chat on for a reason? (I don't want to be bothered by questions).. If a pmod asks me such a question I consider that very rude, and I will probably simply ignore the pmod!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

1. A game without cheating does not exist. Usually, adding more and more anti-cheat features has negative effects only on honest players, and cheaters just have a competition for being the first one to crack the new system.

2. There is no rule in RuneScape that states that you must use the chat feature. Jagex even provides the ability to turn chat off and the ignore list. Please stop accusing people of macroing just because they don't respond to you.

3. It's not player's job to be a macro police. Jagex has their anti-cheat team and software for a reason.

^ The point was the player mod is able to talk to the player, even if their chat is off. If they don't respond to a mod talking, they're either afk, botting, or really grumpy.

If a player mod talks to me while I have private chat OFF I hope it's a very serious matter, not something simple as wether I bot or not.. You know: maybe I have private chat on for a reason? (I don't want to be bothered by questions).. If a pmod asks me such a question I consider that very rude, and I will probably simply ignore the pmod!

What? Are you serious? Wow...

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

There are chaos druid bots, but you have to pay for them. Autoers never disappeared, they just got better :thumbup:

There are plenty of autoers in world 160, alching on the pesto control boats. There is a ind of clan of them who have a kind of pax and refuse to report each other.

Because if you're botting and you report another bot, supposedly the client info gets sent to Jagex, which means you'll just get yourself banned as well :thumbdown:

http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/9459/ownage.png

Cam across that picture of a green drag bot. Averaged 500k an hour while the guy using it was sleeping..

That's gonna set you back $10-15, or ~$3-5 if you buy it from a reseller. Bots like these are still a small minority, as most 12 year olds are too stupid to figure out how to get a hold of an auth. Most are just your basic RSBot, which 90% of the time will get you a ban :thumbup: