Fansite Support (Re-launch)

Howlin0001

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you what, be "Just about the Gaming Experience" and we'll be "Just about the community experience."

I think that's up to the admins to decide, don't you?

It was more of a suggestion/opinion.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Oh yes, thank you for telling us what belongs on our fan site. So glad you could set us stright. [/sarcasm]

It's almost like you're just out to cause trouble.

It's interesting you've removed your stat signature and all mentions of your RSN from your profile in the last 5 minutes, presumably because you knew you were going to try and stir something up? I don't think Jagex are going to ban you, lol.

Actually no, I did it before I even knew that he was going to post. I mostly did it for when I have to go under a different name because I get banned for using an adult, if not profane word, on what is apparently a kid site. <_<

And like Qeltar said, you guys are being rather hypocritical. Tell you what, be "Just about the Gaming Experience" and we'll be "Just about the community experience."

Just a quick note here. This is NOT only a site for kids but it's a site for ALL, that would mean including kids. And I'm sure now that you're obviously very much aware of it you'll do your best not to use profanity or other language not suitable for kids. And I'm also sure you've read the forum rules and are aware that should you happen to get a ban it would be against the rules to create a new account, and would only lead to a the original ban being lengthened. :)

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

I feel really ticked off. We have one of the best forums, some of the best guides.

One of the mod's on the RSOF are saying that TIF is going to be moved to platinum but there was something about moving game adverts.

One the flip side of popularity comes trolls. Hopefully Jagex didn't just open us up to a whole bunch of RSOF users who will spam us to death.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Shocked to say the least. Look to my avatar for my IRL expression.

I've been using RS fan sites for many many years, normally a mix between this, runevillage (they had awesome drop parties way back :P), and runehq.

And i know this is my personal opinion but the forums and community of Tip is quite simply amazing.

The content is just as excellent as the platinum sites aswell.

There's nothing missing from Tip and no reason it shouldn't be platinum.

Orc.png

Oh yes, thank you for telling us what belongs on our fan site. So glad you could set us stright. [/sarcasm]

It's interesting you've removed your stat signature and all mentions of your RSN from your profile in the last 5 minutes, presumably because you knew you were going to try and stir something up? I don't think Jagex are going to ban you, lol.

Actually no, I did it before I even knew that he was going to post. I mostly did it for when I have to go under a different name because I get banned for using an adult, if not profane word, on what is apparently a kid site. <_<

And like Qeltar said, you guys are being rather hypocritical. Tell you what, be "Just about the Gaming Experience" and we'll be "Just about the community experience."

Just a quick note here. This is NOT only a site for kids but it's a site for ALL, that would mean including kids. And I'm sure now that you're obviously very much aware of it you'll do your best not to use profanity or other language not suitable for kids. And I'm also sure you've read the forum rules and are aware that should you happen to get a ban it would be against the rules to create a new account, and would only lead to a the original ban being lengthened. :)

Well, as I threatened with a permanent ban, I didn't think that lengthening said ban would really affect me much. And I don't say anything that is harmful to children. Apparently though some people here think that the kids in here are from 1956 and have never heard a word like "nipple" before. Now I don't even say these things in an profane, obscene, or sexual manner and I get in trouble for it. If that's the case then oh well.

And I've been on these forums to the point that I think the current set of rules were formed after I joined. To put it frankly, I don't really care anymore. I fear no consequences nor repercussions. As well as considering leaving the site over it's total capitulation to Jagex regardless of me being or not being banned.

One the flip side of popularity comes trolls. Hopefully Jagex didn't just open us up to a whole bunch of RSOF users who will spam us to death.

No worries we have plenty of staff to hold back the trolls and I highly doubt that will happen anyways. :smile:

We make Das eat trolls for dinner. :P ( Payback time )

queenvalerie.png

Shocked to say the least. Look to my avatar for my IRL expression.

I've been using RS fan sites for many many years, normally a mix between this, runevillage (they had awesome drop parties way back :P), and runehq.

And i know this is my personal opinion but the forums and community of Tip is leaps and bounds above others.

The content is just as excellent as the platinum sites aswell.

There's nothing missing from Tip and no reason it shouldn't be platinum.

Aye, there's nothing missing. It's the adverts that have kept us from attaining Platinum.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Sals realm? The information there is largely outdated and pictures are from before Runesape HD. :mellow:

I´m suprised to see that Runescapewiki is not there.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

I really do not want my Tip.It to change around Jagex's desires.

Sorry, but it's not really yours anymore. Tomorrow everyone's sigs will be changed to:

It's still mine t and i'm going nowhere. I've said before I think the advertising trade off while silly from my perspective of applying my business degree from a university - but i can understand it. As it stands now it does not affect revenue and is a minor inconvenience for some nice perks. I'm all for bartering and this seems worth it

We're going to ALWAYS keep our users in mind and our forum culture, i've fought hard to make a positive change in my time here by fighting for more freedoms for users, forums and the sort, I'm not going to piss that away for some interviews and artwork.

Since july 2001 I've been Pro-Jagex and Anti-Jagex and I've played long enough to know that people including myself LOVE to challenge them on updates. (I'm still bitter about the PK system revamp years ago for RWT) but even as a negative person who occasionally loves to criticize Jagex for doing things - I really think this is being blown a bit out of proportion. We will be platinum - we will not be doing more than we are now.

I cant promise the future, I dont know if Jagex has some hidden agenda or ace in the hole planned, but I do know the administration here will always cater to our users, you have kept us going since 2001 and made us what we are. We won't forget that.

I'm sure this post will be overlooked in a sea of moaning and conspiracy theories and a part of me doesn't blame anyone for that, but I do think people are making a mountain out of a hill where theres no need to panic at this time.

Jagex is a company, they do have some great people who work there, I've known some for awhile and can say they have people at jagex who care about the game.

and I'm honored and almost flattered our users care *This* much about us. It means alot.

But I do think you guys are getting your pitchforks ready a bit too soon, IF there comes a day to wield pitchforks - I'll lead the charge, but the day is not here.

~das

edit: No Sal's Realm Bashing please, Sal is a great guy, i've known him since 2001, and I believe that website started as a project for one of his classes. He's a great person, and a class act, although you may not like his site for x,y or z - he's a hell of an owner who i'm proud to call a friend

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I´m suprised to see that Runescapewiki is not there.

I'm not. RuneScape Wikia's community and staff is terrible, and in some cases: rude. Trust me, I worked there for a few months.

It probably isn't up there aswell cause it can be edited by anyone - thus it's susceptible to trolls.

I don't get how removing a particular type of advert coould lower revenue, cause there's just gonna be another ad in it's place. Explain.

I don't think people here would be more prone to clicking evony ads that ads about syfilis.

My question is...if removing the adverts only got us to gold, what are we having to sacrifice for platinum?

I see that having this info beforehand makes removing the adverts more appealing, but to be honest this list isn't about quality at all, it's about being free advertising for Jagex.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Well, as I threatened with a permanent ban, I didn't think that lengthening said ban would really affect me much. And I don't say anything that is harmful to children. Apparently though some people here think that the kids in here are from 1956 and have never heard a word like "nipple" before. Now I don't even say these things in an profane, obscene, or sexual manner and I get in trouble for it. If that's the case then oh well.

And I've been on these forums to the point that I think the current set of rules were formed after I joined. To put it frankly, I don't really care anymore. I fear no consequences nor repercussions. As well as considering leaving the site over it's total capitulation to Jagex regardless of me being or not being banned.

Honestly, I think I can count fingers on 1 hand on the posts that I haven't seen you trolling. Really, if you want to go feel free. You just come to these forums to display your hatred for Jagex and everything they've done and never really post anything that could be considered actual helpful criticism.

Also, I realize I'm only feeding the troll but somebody had to say it. Hopefully this troll will go back under her bridge.

Trapt45.png

Despite everything that's been said on this today I really appreciate Hohbein taking the time out to come and talk to us. I really hope that if one good thing comes out of this it'll be that jagex posts more often on the fansites.

I agree whole heartedly with this.

Me_Hate_Libs I am probably one of the oldest users of this site and don't think it is necessry for a lot of 'adult' words to be used to get your point across. I think your whole attitude is rather childish.

Gold, Silver, Bronze? What is this the Olympics?

This rating system seems stupid, how bout just making one rank?

Acknowledge/Recognized?

EDIT: If we are TO change FOR Jagex just so we get to go to a higher stupid rank, then I say tip.it should stay in gold then!

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

The problem I am having with the removing the ads is that "how much harm can it possibly be done?" I mean honestly, I would rather suffer from tiny tiny tiny tiny percentage of people go to other games instead of looking like control freaks and annoy a greater deal of players.

PS: Come on guys, don't flame RSOF, I am being complete honest here that the majority of RSOFers are mature and willing to have a rational discussion.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

After looking through most of the thread, I found some a lot of the posts to be amusing. "omg sals realm suks we r sooooo much bettr we shud b platinum!!!" Way to be elitist jerks and prove what type of community we have :lol:

wl7w9j.png

Cal, towards tip it might be as I get regularly flamed no matter what I post, whether it be casual banter, serious disucssion or serious criticism.

My opinion towards Jagex that everyone think I'm just "trolling" is I think somwhat legitimized by their recent actions. And if you disagree, please let me tell how exactly how little I care.

I don't think people here would be more prone to clicking evony ads that ads about syfilis.

Evony Ads - you underestimate young teen males who like cleavage.

My question is...if removing the adverts only got us to gold, what are we having to sacrifice for platinum?

Nothing, we will be platinum in a months time or so.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Is it just me or do I remember, in the very recent past, RS having adverts for other games (specifically another MMORPG) on the top banner on their homepage? If this is true: Hypocritical much Jagex?

Here is the thing, I am 100% sure that there are inappropriate ads on the official Runescape website, but Jagex will remove them if you report on the main forum. So no, it is not hypocrisy.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Man I'm shocked that Tip.it didn't reach platinum level. I've never even heard of the 3rd platinum one, the german RScommunity.de. If Jagex are simply using adverts as the main criteria for selecting support-worthy fansites, then I really doubt their knowledge of fansites in general. Where's Runescape Wiki? Where's Zybez? Two of the best sites for Runescape info, apart from Tip.it ofcourse, and they leave them out altogether. Sometimes the degree of incompetence of Jagex employees amazes me. This is one of those times. :wall:

This could have been done a whole lot differently. I imagine they probably had a few more suiting ideas for how a fansite support system would start to work. And yet, they still picked the wrong concept, the wrong sites and the wrong criteria to judge with. I'm not sure they have even analyzed many of these sites thoroughly and on a regular basis. A simple browse for "unfit advertisements" is not enough. :roll:

I hope this list is re-written. Soon.

dontfearthereaper2.png

Is it just me or do I remember, in the very recent past, RS having adverts for other games (specifically another MMORPG) on the top banner on their homepage? If this is true: Hypocritical much Jagex?

In the 3 years I've played, I've only spotted ad's for:

"Don't be sold for sex - Taiwanese Chillens"

"Chlamydia Action"

And Other RuneScape ads.