A new maximum level?

SwreeTak

I don't play anymore but I think increasing the max limit to 120 would be great. It would open up so many new possibilities for Runescape to expand to a much greater game. Way to many people have 99s now they've truly lost their significance imo. Thumbs up Jagex if this implemented for all skills.

tFtfA.jpg

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is by far the most fascinating aspect of the update.

The possibility to continue all skills to 120 and get new skill capes of true mastery.

I could again focus solely on combat and agility. <3:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Not sure how i'd react if they increased the cap to 120. Sure, it'd be nice to unlock new stuff in the skills i've already got to 99 but then again, the difference between 99 and 120 is massive. Don't even have 104M total exp after however many years i've played this game.

Maybe it will just be for this skill, we'll need to wait and see.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Well, how about this. The 120 cap is made only for people who have a lot of 99's. They get to the bottom of daemonheim, get 21 more new exciting levels to grind, and BAM, they stay in runescape for another four years or so.

I could easily see them doing it & implementing tiered capes.

It's like when you get your college degree. You have your base colors for your Bachelors field; but when you get your Masters or Doctorate there are more geegaws & bric-a-brac on the cape. I could see Jagex doing that with all the capes.

Not that I am advocating it - I could just see them take this approach.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

This seems silly, the slowest skill in the game gets a higher cap than all the other faster skills

99 Fletching - 01/08/08

99 Theiving - 09/11/08

99 Cooking - 12/13/08

99 Runecrafting - 10/23/09

99 Strength - 05/07/10

This seems silly, the slowest skill in the game gets a higher cap than all the other faster skills

The experience dramatically increases per level. It's supposed to be really fast around 60.

How would you kno this? No one is even 50 yet

Sirscrap.png

Click sig for blog ^^

6,627th to 99 fletching

33,986th to 99 attack

4,871st to 99 thieving

Whip drops: 28 / Dark Bows: 7 / Hexcrests: 7 / Focus Sights: 1 / Staffs of Light: 6 / Dragon Chainbodies: 2 (1 KQ Solo 1 Dust Devil)

The experience dramatically increases per level. It's supposed to be really fast around 60.

How would you kno this? No one is even 50 yet

There was a constant growth equation posted on RSoF and it proved to right correct for levels 1-30, so I'd believe it was right all the way to 99.

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

This is a nice first step into removing the 99 cap. I've been waiting 5 years to get my attack stats above 99 as base levels... Really hope for a removal of the cap in the next year or so...

I really can't imagine this going down particularly well within the community. Many people will be furious that they got 99 in a skill and they're no longer the best they can be in it.

It's certainley interesting.

At first I was going to be really angry about it. However, by the looks of it you will still be able to have a cape at 99, just better things to do at 99+. Just my thought on this.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I could easily see them doing it & implementing tiered capes.

It's like when you get your college degree. You have your base colors for your Bachelors field; but when you get your Masters or Doctorate there are more geegaws & bric-a-brac on the cape. I could see Jagex doing that with all the capes.

Not that I am advocating it - I could just see them take this approach.

I would love to have Bric-A-Brac with a degree. :P

This is a very interesting perspective to think about. It has always been rumored and guessed at, but I never thought I would see the day when a level reaches past 99 as a cap. Now the rumors may continue on whether this will or would be formulate to all skills... the plot thickens.... hmmm....

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

There is no 99 cap removal at all. But, winthin the dungeons, you'll have to make the potions/boosts (AKA being herblorist skilled) to get the other areas.

Though, since that skill (minigame) is only related to the others in the point that you use other skills for this one (and not versa), the 120 cap is an original way to trim the cape.

Oh baby light the dark side...

Going on 10 years of Runescape and still no 99s, I guess if getting to the max so you can say you beat runescape is the goal it would be upsetting. For me though levels are secondary to the fun factor and friends. the levels just kind of happen. LOL 120 would would probably take me a good 30-40 years to reach if I cant do one 99 in 10 years time.

It would be interesting to see a new max for each level. It's been stuck at 99 for such a long time already...

Oh, and 200M exp equals to about level 126 and a half.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

It would be interesting to see a new max for each level. It's been stuck at 99 for such a long time already...

Oh, and 200M exp equals to about level 126 and a half.

It all depends on the individual and their game goals. 120 or 99 really doesn't matter to me but it may be the holy grail for other. while totally POing someone who got all 99s.

A little disasapointed in the new 120 cap. I'm sure maxed people will be happy as having something new to aim for but for the regular user who doesnt get to play very often getting to the max level has gone from being something very difficult but ultimately attainable, with a bit of hard work, to something which I don't ever see happening ever. It is now not just a distant goal for me, such as 99 prayer, but something I know will be impossible for me to ever attain. There is no fun in knowing you can never "complete" a game. It can already be enough of a grind to make you go insane getting to 99, I cant imagine the RSI you'd get from click click clicking your way to 120.

My best stats are:

Attack (104) 22,669,288 exp

Defence (104) 23,055,670 exp

Strength (104) 22,387,933 exp

Hitpoints (104 21,913,991 exp

And apart from combat stats my only skills above 99 are:

Fishing (100) 14,663,490

I've only got 237,038,266 total exp in ALL SKILLS. Dividing that by 104m would give me just two skills at level 120.

I worry what will happen to skills which are already extremely expensive such as prayer and herblore if you can raise them over 99.

Depressing.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I like how you guys think that level 120 would be uncommon. Remember when level 99 was uncommon? That was before skill capes. People didn't get 99's because there was no reason to. Once there was a reason to get 99's, you started seeing them all over the place. My point? Not many people get 104mill exp in skills because they have no reason to do so. Once they do though, you'll see the skill cape effect all over again.

Prism_Swords.png

This is a nice first step into removing the 99 cap. I've been waiting 5 years to get my attack stats above 99 as base levels... Really hope for a removal of the cap in the next year or so...

I really can't imagine this going down particularly well within the community. Many people will be furious that they got 99 in a skill and they're no longer the best they can be in it.

It's certainley interesting.

I have 17 99's and would be ecstatic if the cap was lifted.

Torlen.png