Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A new maximum level?

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

SwreeTak
[ Display Name History ]

SwreeTak

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,739 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:SwreeTak
  • Clan:Arcane Chroniclers
Edit, newer post:

It seems like the question about a possible new skill cap have got it's answer. A big thank you to Elevenicy for posting this:

From the new FAQ
It's sticked at the top of recent updates.

15-16-509-60760272

"Will you be raising all skill caps to level 120? "

There are no plans to change any of the other skills at this time.

Posted Image

I believe Mod Emilee, but of course we can still keep discussing :thumbup:
What do you think, is this good or bad? Will level 120 stick out with all the other skills at a maximum of 99? Or is Dungeoneering such a nice and special skill it deserves a higher max level?

Original post:
After the release of the new skill, Dungeoneering, I checked the skill guide as soon as I had logged on. And I got very surprised when I checked the milestones and item binding section. Check for yourselves:

Posted Image
Posted Image

What does this mean, do you think? What do "True skill mastery" mean? Are we going to get a new maximum level?
I ask you, the community, since I myself have no answer. I don't think this is a bug though, since both the maximum levels are 120, and not a random number.
This seems quite seriously done to me and I think that it is possible that Jagex have revealed something by mistake here.
Discuss.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

miracleman58
[ Display Name History ]

miracleman58

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,199 posts
  • RSN:The Diamond
As this skill is so different from any other skill ever implemented it will be the only one with a skill cap at level 120 and other will not follow.
We still know so little about this skill, who knows... maybe u will be raking in 1M xp+ including tokens @ lvl 90+

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Aslan
[ Display Name History ]

Aslan

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,483 posts
The xp to 99 doesn't seem that much at this time, however level 120 is 100M+ xp(I forgot the actual xp,it's more than 100M anyway).My guess is there is going to be a part 2 of the skill(like summoning) where it gets tweaked.Perhaps from 99onwards, the xp you get is multiplied by a factor or something.Who knows.Let just see someone get 99 in it first.

langer
[ Display Name History ]

langer

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,144 posts
  • RSN:Langerkiller
This is a nice first step into removing the 99 cap. I've been waiting 5 years to get my attack stats above 99 as base levels... Really hope for a removal of the cap in the next year or so...

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills
Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602
Latest top 15 update : page 602
6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Socrates
[ Display Name History ]

Socrates

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 944 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Socrates

This is a nice first step into removing the 99 cap. I've been waiting 5 years to get my attack stats above 99 as base levels... Really hope for a removal of the cap in the next year or so...

I really can't imagine this going down particularly well within the community. Many people will be furious that they got 99 in a skill and they're no longer the best they can be in it.
It's certainley interesting.
Posted Image
Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.
99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.
Anyone at Manchester University PM me

SwreeTak
[ Display Name History ]

SwreeTak

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,739 posts

As this skill is so different from any other skill ever implemented it will be the only one with a skill cap at level 120 and other will not follow.
We still know so little about this skill, who knows... maybe u will be raking in 1M xp+ including tokens @ lvl 90+

That is true. This skill is really very different from the other ones, in many ways. It's more like a minigame.
I however have to say that it sounds a little strange still if all skills except one, this one, has a maximum level of 99. Dungeoneering's 120 seems to stick out too much.

lGxorje.png

Goldenjkered
[ Display Name History ]

Goldenjkered

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,483 posts
  • RSN:GoldenJkered
One of the doors in one of the Dungeon's has a level 104 runecrafting requirement. :S
Posted Image

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.c...er/Goldenjkered

langer
[ Display Name History ]

langer

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,144 posts
  • RSN:Langerkiller

I really can't imagine this going down particularly well within the community. Many people will be furious that they got 99 in a skill and they're no longer the best they can be in it.

Many players will be happy that training a skill they liked training to 99 will open up for new levels....

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills
Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602
Latest top 15 update : page 602
6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Kaur
[ Display Name History ]

Kaur

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • Clan:RSD

One of the doors in one of the Dungeon's has a level 104 runecrafting requirement. :S

Get a runecrafting potion/boost.

gotsol
[ Display Name History ]

gotsol

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,862 posts
so my question is does this new skill effect combat levels?
RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On
| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |
| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

Socrates
[ Display Name History ]

Socrates

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 944 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Socrates

Many players will be happy that training a skill they liked training to 99 will open up for new levels....

Yes but those players tend to be the more mature players. Unlike the majority of RSOF who will winge when their 99 cooking no longer has the presteige that they thought it had.
Posted Image
Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.
99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.
Anyone at Manchester University PM me

Distracted
[ Display Name History ]

Distracted

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:A Real Fool

To be honest, once I get 99 woodcutting I probably wouldn't woodcut. I enjoy woodcutting, but I'd prefer to just not do it again once I hit 99 >.<

@Gotsol, no, it doesn't affect combat.

Wingless
[ Display Name History ]

Wingless

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,707 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Nephilim
I swear to God if level's 99 cap get removed I will give up with my life. 3 years to get 2 99's then all of that work was for nothing.

Posted Image

Ambler
[ Display Name History ]

Ambler

Black Knight Trainer

• Monster Hunting Team
  • 3,453 posts
  • RSN:Ambler3
  • RSN2:Joe Tiko
  • Clan:EoE.... Sometimes.
I agree with above, if i decide to get 99 theiving, then cap is removed, it will p' me off tbh

Posted Image
^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^
My livestream- Currently: Offline :(
Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

Lewtations

Sly_Wizard
[ Display Name History ]

Sly_Wizard

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
I want the 99 level cap removed. Will give me a reason to get to 200M range experience or so.

(And, hypothetically speaking, if the level cap were removed, does anyone know what level 44M range experience would be?)

db300
[ Display Name History ]

db300

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 882 posts
  • RSN:Ramp Nx
  • RSN2:dtbrehm
  • Clan:Nexus
I believe that the other skills will eventually have 120 levels as well. When I signed back in after the system update, all of my skills glitched and said 120/120 for a split second. Wasn't able to take a screen shot of it though...

Ronan
[ Display Name History ]

Ronan

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 396 posts
  • RSN:Ronan

I want the 99 level cap removed. Will give me a reason to get to 200M range experience or so.

(And, hypothetically speaking, if the level cap were removed, does anyone know what level 44M range experience would be?)

44M experience in a skill should relate to Level 111 in a skill. There's a page with the full experience tables up to 200M here: Level - Exp Table

Also shows that for Level-120 this skill requires 104,273,167 experience. That's quite a massive amount in comparison to the 13M experience required for level 99. I do wonder if Jagex is really 'upping the ante' with this and giving a little bit more incentive to others to train higher.

Personally, I can't see myself aiming for that unless the experience rates are quite a bit higher at higher levels - that's quite some time required otherwise.

Darkvengence
[ Display Name History ]

Darkvengence

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 407 posts
The person you get the skillcape from mentions something about getting to the very end of the dungeon, maybe that has something to do with it?

SwreeTak
[ Display Name History ]

SwreeTak

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,739 posts

I agree with above, if i decide to get 99 theiving, then cap is removed, it will p' me off tbh

If Jagex decided to do so for the other skill, except Dungeoneering, I think a lot of people would be upset. All the hard work for that 99, the maximum level, would feel a lot less worth. People have also got used to that level 99 is the maximum level. So changing it seems quite stupid in a way.
However the result will be, It will be really interesting to see how this develops.

lGxorje.png

sees_all1
[ Display Name History ]

sees_all1

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,961 posts

Also shows that for Level-120 this skill requires 104,273,167 experience. That's quite a massive amount in comparison to the 13M experience required for level 99. I do wonder if Jagex is really 'upping the ante' with this and giving a little bit more incentive to others to train higher.

Personally, I can't see myself aiming for that unless the experience rates are quite a bit higher at higher levels - that's quite some time required otherwise.

I've got the long term goal of getting 99 in every F2P skill. If I had to get 120 (with 104M XP), I'd quit before I got to level 100. The experience rates are too slow, and I actually have a life.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users