Call of Duty 7: Black OPs

Hugger_88

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pull out Valkyrie rockets, aim, fire, die instantly. Can't get rid of them.

De ja vu...

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

This game is pretty good. I like how there's a lot of prestiging, and with no stopping power the perk customization has gotten a lot better; doable. Eh the only thing I don't like are the graphics and the feel of some guns. I like how sub machine guns are back into the game, but some assault rifles feel the same with a different name. In COD4: MW I felt as if there weren't enough classes and now there are too many, same applied for MW2.

Well personally I don't really care about my KD/R, I like using stupid [cabbage] for fun where I die often sometimes, but the main problem with ground war is people play it because of the more hectic feel, just unfortunate domination had to be thrown in there. IMO they should've made a menu where first you choose the game mode you wanna play, then the amount of players you want per team, then hardcore/regular and maybe barebones. That way you could get whatever type of game you like.

There's already something for that, it's called server list.

Oh, that's right, you're not on PC. Enjoy your matchmaking.

You're trying to flamebait console players whilst by all acounts the PC version is in an almost unplayable state?

Almost unplayable state? Odd, My copy is just fine.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

This game is hella laggy. Had fun playing the first week, not that much lag, but now it really is laggy, I can shoot a whole clip directly on someone's back and not get a single hit marker.. The knife is pretty much the only thing that really works for me right now, and even then it often doesn't kill the enemy.

This game is unplayable due to lag.

I might go back to mw2, had a lot of fun for the whole time I played it and almost never had lag on it.

Mind you, this is all on Xbox360. I guess on PS3 it wouldn't even connect to anyone on the matchmaking, seeing as all the people I know around here replaced their PS3 for 360s because of connection issues with every single game.

A 360 player saying their game is unplayable due to lag?

Cute.

I had one issue like the third day the game came out. Ever since then there has been no problems. Can you identify what the problem is Nadril? I don't to go back six pages to find the answer.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Are you playing it PC Albel?

There isn't just one issue for the PC version. The main issues though are:

- The game runs at a much lower FPS than it should for many people. Considering this is a modified version of the Quake 3 engine (Well, a modified version of the WaW engine which was a modified version of the CoD4 engine which is a modified version of the Quake 3 engine) it is not running what it should be. People with like i7 GTX480 computers are getting 40 fps when they should be getting a lot more. (I, personally, am getting around 40-45fps).

- In sort of an adition to #1 changing detail settings often has little to no effect on a persons FPS. I run 1920x1200 resolution normally. I switched it to 800x600? Got a 5FPS increase. If I turn settings from Extra down to all low and no AA/AF than I actually lose FPS.

- The game is known to stutter a lot. What this means is that it will hitch up at certain spots ( a lot of times in fire fights) making it almost unplayable. For some this is worse than others. I used to have it really bad but managed to do a few fixes that have lowered it a lot to make the game playable.

- Due to these above issues and the fact that the netcode, for some reason, is partially based off of what other people are getting for FPS there is some pretty shoddy latency issues sometimes. You can sometimes see a person lag-warping around due to stuttering issues which means that even if your PC isn't effected this is still an "issue".

Those are the main things. What sucks is that there are tons and tons of fixes out there and they all do different things. Case in point:

For some people setting BO to High priority in the task manager helped their FPS/Stutter a lot. For some, it did nothing. For some, it made it worse. Likewise some other people (like me) have found out that setting BO to low priority in the task manager has helped their FPS/Stutter a lot. Likewise plenty of people this does nothing for/hurts.

it's the same thing with VSync on/off and pretty much every other setting out there. Even similar builds of computers are acting differently. It seriously is a cluster[bleep] of issues and the game engine is clearly not acting how it should. I really wish they would have just taken the MW2 engine and used that or something because that game actually ran very well on my PC.

[hide=]Are you playing it PC Albel?

There isn't just one issue for the PC version. The main issues though are:

- The game runs at a much lower FPS than it should for many people. Considering this is a modified version of the Quake 3 engine (Well, a modified version of the WaW engine which was a modified version of the CoD4 engine which is a modified version of the Quake 3 engine) it is not running what it should be. People with like i7 GTX480 computers are getting 40 fps when they should be getting a lot more. (I, personally, am getting around 40-45fps).

- In sort of an adition to #1 changing detail settings often has little to no effect on a persons FPS. I run 1920x1200 resolution normally. I switched it to 800x600? Got a 5FPS increase. If I turn settings from Extra down to all low and no AA/AF than I actually lose FPS.

- The game is known to stutter a lot. What this means is that it will hitch up at certain spots ( a lot of times in fire fights) making it almost unplayable. For some this is worse than others. I used to have it really bad but managed to do a few fixes that have lowered it a lot to make the game playable.

- Due to these above issues and the fact that the netcode, for some reason, is partially based off of what other people are getting for FPS there is some pretty shoddy latency issues sometimes. You can sometimes see a person lag-warping around due to stuttering issues which means that even if your PC isn't effected this is still an "issue".

Those are the main things. What sucks is that there are tons and tons of fixes out there and they all do different things. Case in point:

For some people setting BO to High priority in the task manager helped their FPS/Stutter a lot. For some, it did nothing. For some, it made it worse. Likewise some other people (like me) have found out that setting BO to low priority in the task manager has helped their FPS/Stutter a lot. Likewise plenty of people this does nothing for/hurts.

it's the same thing with VSync on/off and pretty much every other setting out there. Even similar builds of computers are acting differently. It seriously is a cluster[bleep] of issues and the game engine is clearly not acting how it should. I really wish they would have just taken the MW2 engine and used that or something because that game actually ran very well on my PC.[/hide]

I do not Nadril, but what Ive heard from friends who do it almost unplayable... which really blows :unsure:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do you know about Call of Duty 8 ??? its called Call of Duty : Future Warfare! I dont know it's true or not! ???

what do you think about it ?

I read something on IGn about activision was going to make the next COD for the holiday season next year. However, let's just stick to black ops :thumbup:

New favorite gun= FAL <3:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

FAL is still a 2 or 3-shot kill right? I owned my mates with it on MW2.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Close range is 2, medium+ is 3-4 depending where you hit. Im actually really good with it apparently... :unsure:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

Close range is 2, medium+ is 3-4 depending where you hit. Im actually really good with it apparently... :unsure:

Pretty much anyone with a quick trigger finger and good aim is good with the FAL. :D

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Pretty much anyone with a quick trigger finger and good aim is good with the FAL. :D

Is the firecap bearable for quick fingers? I've been meaning to use the m14 again.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Is the firecap bearable for quick fingers? I've been meaning to use the m14 again.

Well, I'm getting BOps for christmas, so I don't own it, but from what I've done round my friends, I've been able to fire as quick as I pull the trigger (which is quite fast heh), though there is a firecap to prevent auto FAL with modded controllers.

-Random Youtuber

So I was playing CoD4 this morning, and a hacker/cheater joined the SnD lobby. He was UFOing and you couldn't kill him.

When we joined the post-game lobby, he leveled everyone in the lobby to 55 (highest level).

Now I fear I might get wrongfully banned from PSN for "hacking".

So I was playing CoD4 this morning, and a hacker/cheater joined the SnD lobby. He was UFOing and you couldn't kill him.

When we joined the post-game lobby, he leveled everyone in the lobby to 55 (highest level).

I really doubt they're going to ban you because of a four year old game that hardly anyone plays anymore.

I really doubt they're going to ban you because of a four year old game that hardly anyone plays anymore.

Yea I got into a public match with some kind of unlimited ammo/no reload cheat. We won the match and I was never banned, end of story.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png