Call of Duty 7: Black OPs

Hugger_88

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else here think that the Attack Dogs killstreak is ridiculous? I saw someone get fifteen kills from it alone. O_o You can't really stop the attack dogs, no sir. I mean, you can shoot them, but then more will just come after you -- and even then, that's leaving yourself open to another player attacking you (it's happened to me before).

Also, I'm thinking of switching from PS3 to PC because of the incredible lag (one bar connection) I get on my PS3. What do you guys think of the differences between the two? I'm already pro as hell at WoW PvP as a hunter, so I'm sure that learning the ropes on CoD PC shouldn't be too hard. Are there any major issues on either one that are exclusive to that console?

Yeah you don't want to play the PC version if your goal is to get away from issues.

What issues do you have on the PC version? I'm having an absolute crapton of lag on the PS3 (clearly, it's so bad that I'm willing to buy the PC version of the game).

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

Does anyone else here think that the Attack Dogs killstreak is ridiculous? I saw someone get fifteen kills from it alone. O_o You can't really stop the attack dogs, no sir. I mean, you can shoot them, but then more will just come after you -- and even then, that's leaving yourself open to another player attacking you (it's happened to me before).

Also, I'm thinking of switching from PS3 to PC because of the incredible lag (one bar connection) I get on my PS3. What do you guys think of the differences between the two? I'm already pro as hell at WoW PvP as a hunter, so I'm sure that learning the ropes on CoD PC shouldn't be too hard. Are there any major issues on either one that are exclusive to that console?

Yeah you don't want to play the PC version if your goal is to get away from issues.

What issues do you have on the PC version? I'm having an absolute crapton of lag on the PS3 (clearly, it's so bad that I'm willing to buy the PC version of the game).

The fact that it's still broke after a month... It's a disgrace.

Input Lag, Framerate issues, Server issues (Possibly fixed now), Screen Tearing, Stuttering, Not optimized etc etc. Nadril knows more about this than me, but seriously... The PC version is a joke right now.

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

Haha. In a game of ground war domination on Launch, we were losing like 9300 to 9500, so I just chucked a random grenade in the general direction of where I thought people were, got a triple kill, then got the game winning killcam by shooting a guy with the Python through a wall. It was awesome.

I hadn't played for like a week before today, working on getting hardline pro now. Surprisingly difficult to get people to take my care packages. :roll:

Haha. In a game of ground war domination on Launch, we were losing like 9300 to 9500, so I just chucked a random grenade in the general direction of where I thought people were, got a triple kill, then got the game winning killcam by shooting a guy with the Python through a wall. It was awesome.

I hadn't played for like a week before today, working on getting hardline pro now. Surprisingly difficult to get people to take my care packages. :roll:

Don't worry once you get hardline pro they'll be all over them like [bleep]ing vultures. You won't even have a chance to try and swap it out.

Achievement horse.

I don't actually bother with the achievements, I'd just like the game to tell me if I have completed a mission on Veteran, like in MW2. Since it doesn't (for whatever reason), I'm stuck on relying on the achievement thing (which honestly sucks, why 3 or 2 together?) as my only source of information. It feels awkward that I have maybe completed the game on Hardened or whatever, which is not likely, but eh.

The PC version IS a joke.

Here's an explanation from my console elitist kid in class:

"Treyarch didn't make a good PC port because PC gaming is dead, and to focus on the consoles which own the market, and PC gamers need to learn to play on a console"

The PC version IS a joke.

Here's an explanation from my console elitist kid in class:

"Treyarch didn't make a good PC port because PC gaming is dead, and to focus on the consoles which own the market, and PC gamers need to learn to play on a console"

For those wondering.

http://twitter.com/#!/pcdev/status/13373835592081408

New patch will bring all updates that console have plus some console commands.

FINALLY.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Right, Still 14 days until I get it, but may as well be prepared. What perks, guns etc. would you buy first?

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

To the man having PS3 lag problems, Im gonna be completely honest when I say this, not biased in the typical "Thats better because I have one" way.

Trade your PS3 for an xbox. "Monthly online fees, no internet browsing, etc. etc.." waaahhh. I havnt experienced the slightest bit of lag on my BO on xbox. Honest to the lord. If you want lag free, xbox is the way to go. PC is full of manipulating hackers, and it has ALOT of problems with the server system. PS3 should be alright with connection but typically the PS3 likes to suck the life out of your internet connection. Try playing with no computers, cable/satellite TVs on, and that should reduce the lag. If not, get an xbox. The xbox's technology diverts some of the internet connection back, to stop it from taking all the connection. (My cable guy told me this haha)

But anyways, Ive been playing xbox for 3 years coming up in January. Ive been banned for the past 3 weeks because my credit card was cancelled and they couldnt charge me for my monthly fee. Ive realized how fun other games are offline. Even black ops offline. Single player zombies is extremely fun when its cold and rainy outside. Im unbanned now, and Im playing online successfully again. Right now, Im maintaining about a 1.92 K/D, 1.08 W/L, and I am a 3rd prestige as of about 20 minutes ago. If anyone wants to play with me (xbox) My gamertag is Siing, yes two I(i)'s. Im glad to play with anyone, just tell me your from TiF. I get alot of fanboy requests. Ill be on sometime tonight, so hit me up :D

Glad my thread is running strong. MW2 and Black Ops threads have both rocketed up in posts QUICK.

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

Well it is true they always put the console version first because they make far and away the most money from it.

Yeah, that is very true. haha. Alot more people play the console version for true fun, the PC players are often hardcore gamers. The people who play for fun typically buy it sooner to release and play it longer.

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

To the man having PS3 lag problems, Im gonna be completely honest when I say this, not biased in the typical "Thats better because I have one" way.

Trade your PS3 for an xbox. "Monthly online fees, no internet browsing, etc. etc.." waaahhh. I havnt experienced the slightest bit of lag on my BO on xbox. Honest to the lord. If you want lag free, xbox is the way to go. PC is full of manipulating hackers, and it has ALOT of problems with the server system. PS3 should be alright with connection but typically the PS3 likes to suck the life out of your internet connection. Try playing with no computers, cable/satellite TVs on, and that should reduce the lag. If not, get an xbox. The xbox's technology diverts some of the internet connection back, to stop it from taking all the connection. (My cable guy told me this haha)

But anyways, Ive been playing xbox for 3 years coming up in January. Ive been banned for the past 3 weeks because my credit card was cancelled and they couldnt charge me for my monthly fee. Ive realized how fun other games are offline. Even black ops offline. Single player zombies is extremely fun when its cold and rainy outside. Im unbanned now, and Im playing online successfully again. Right now, Im maintaining about a 1.92 K/D, 1.08 W/L, and I am a 3rd prestige as of about 20 minutes ago. If anyone wants to play with me (xbox) My gamertag is Siing, yes two I(i)'s. Im glad to play with anyone, just tell me your from TiF. I get alot of fanboy requests. Ill be on sometime tonight, so hit me up :D

Glad my thread is running strong. MW2 and Black Ops threads have both rocketed up in posts QUICK.

Everyone I know says to get an Xbox, but I don't want the Red Ring of Death (which happens in at least 30% of Xbox 360's), I don't want to pay the monthly fee (I know, I'm cheap, but I would have to pay for it myself), and I don't want to drop a good $300 to get another console. I'm getting a new desktop computer soon (I'm buying the parts and my friend and I are putting it together, should be really good for the $1200 I spent on parts), so I figured CoD would run pretty damned smoothly on that thing. I figured my computer would get way less lag than my PS3.

Plus I hate the Xbox controller. Any way to get a controller ported so that I can use a PS3 controller on a 360? I could always save up with my brothers for it and use relatives' gift money for Live. :\ But that's if I decide not to game on my PC.

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Well it is true they always put the console version first because they make far and away the most money from it.

I just wish developers would stop lying. "we're a PC dev first" -- [cabbage].

Tired of getting second rate ports from an inferior platform (purely technically speaking here mind you, I can't stress that I'm talking about a TECHNICAL point enough) that is riddled with issues. Either they cut out features that need to be in a game (dedicated servers) or they flat out don't understand how PC's work and bring some shoddy half-assed console port in well knowing that consoles and PCs are not made in the same way and do not function the same way.

Honestly the PC patch that is coming up better fix the games issues or I'll just up and forget about it.

Everyone I know says to get an Xbox, but I don't want the Red Ring of Death (which happens in at least 30% of Xbox 360's), I don't want to pay the monthly fee (I know, I'm cheap, but I would have to pay for it myself), and I don't want to drop a good $300 to get another console. I'm getting a new desktop computer soon (I'm buying the parts and my friend and I are putting it together, should be really good for the $1200 I spent on parts), so I figured CoD would run pretty damned smoothly on that thing. I figured my computer would get way less lag than my PS3.

Plus I hate the Xbox controller. Any way to get a controller ported so that I can use a PS3 controller on a 360? I could always save up with my brothers for it and use relatives' gift money for Live. :\ But that's if I decide not to game on my PC.

The way Cod runs on a computer isnt completely dependant on your computer, its the cod servers. Treyarch especially tends to have verryyy bad servers.

And the new xboxs (whisper quiet or w/e) are supposed to be RROD proof. I havnt heard of a single one getting it, and they've been out for how long now? 5 or 6 months I think. And to afford it, just trade in your PS3. A ps3 should fetch you a used, new edition xbox, enough leftover for a couple games and a year xbox live card ($59.99 USD).

And the controller, MadCatz makes an xbox controller verryy similar to the PS3 controller. There is also a bunch of different versions of the xbox controller. Just mess around and see what you like. Hopefully you'll get it figured out. haha

So I've been hearing that the Black Ops community up at PS3 is full of hackers. Someone said something about hacks putting in the MW2 map packs into Black Ops. Thankfully haven't seen any problems on Xbox.

I've only witnessed one hacked game so far between cod4 and now.

As for the connection issues, Call of Duty is the only game that lags in general for me, every other game I have plays perfectly online. I'd advise against using cable internet connections with the ps3 though, PSN doesn't like those connections for some reason.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Saw a video of a guy with Stakeout on FFA, he won the game.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

The way Cod runs on a computer isnt completely dependant on your computer, its the cod servers. Treyarch especially tends to have verryyy bad servers.

Please don't try and talk about technical aspects when you have no clue.

Thanks.

Please don't try and talk about technical aspects when you have no clue.

Thanks.

Think of the servers!

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

So I've been hearing that the Black Ops community up at PS3 is full of hackers. Someone said something about hacks putting in the MW2 map packs into Black Ops. Thankfully haven't seen any problems on Xbox.

Funny you should say that, I was playing SnD earlier and saw this Prestige 2 kid running around with a Golden AKA47.

I'm on XBL by the way.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang